Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sox32
Description: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 32
Alias: 10J3, 226D7, CG569, cas, cb527, SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 32, SRY-box containing gene 32, casanova
- Bisgrove B, Morelli S, Yost H. Genetics of human laterality disorders: insights from vertebrate model systems. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2003;4:1-32 pubmed..This approach helps suggest candidate genes and genetic pathways that might be perturbed in human laterality disorders and improves diagnostic criteria. ..
- Alexander J, Rothenberg M, Henry G, Stainier D. casanova plays an early and essential role in endoderm formation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 1999;215:343-57 pubmed..Here we show that the zebrafish locus casanova plays an early and essential role in this process...
- Hong S, Dawid I. FGF-dependent left-right asymmetry patterning in zebrafish is mediated by Ier2 and Fibp1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:2230-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ier2 and Fibp1 mediate FGF signaling in ciliogenesis in Kupffer's Vesicle and in the establishment of laterality in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Aoki T, David N, Minchiotti G, Saint Etienne L, Dickmeis T, Persico G, et al. Molecular integration of casanova in the Nodal signalling pathway controlling endoderm formation. Development. 2002;129:275-86 pubmed..signals, three genes encoding transcription factors (faust, bonnie and clyde and the recently identified gene casanova) are required for endoderm formation and differentiation...
- Cheng P, Lin C, Wu C, Lu Y, Lin C, Chung C, et al. Zebrafish cdx1b regulates expression of downstream factors of Nodal signaling during early endoderm formation. Development. 2008;135:941-52 pubmed publisher..In 85% epiboly cdx1b morphants, twofold decreases in the respective numbers of gata5-, cas-, foxa2- and sox17-expressing endodermal precursors were identified...
- Stafford D, White R, Kinkel M, Linville A, Schilling T, Prince V. Retinoids signal directly to zebrafish endoderm to specify insulin-expressing beta-cells. Development. 2006;133:949-56 pubmed..progenitors in the endoderm, we have developed a novel cell transplantation technique, using the ability of the SOX32 transcription factor to confer endodermal identity, to selectively target reagents to (or exclude them from) the ..
- Jia S, Ren Z, Li X, Zheng Y, Meng A. smad2 and smad3 are required for mesendoderm induction by transforming growth factor-beta/nodal signals in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2418-26 pubmed..Thus, our data reveal that Nodal signaling and mesendoderm induction depend on Smad2/3 and suggest that transforming growth factor-beta signals other than Nodal also contribute to Smad2/3 signaling and embryonic patterning. ..
- Nair S, Schilling T. Chemokine signaling controls endodermal migration during zebrafish gastrulation. Science. 2008;322:89-92 pubmed publisher..This process may have relevance to human gastrointestinal bifurcations and other organ defects. ..
- Fukuda K, Kikuchi Y. Endoderm development in vertebrates: fate mapping, induction and regional specification. Dev Growth Differ. 2005;47:343-55 pubmed..We discuss the classical fate mapping of the endoderm and the more recent progress in characterizing its induction, segregation and regional specification. ..
- Dickmeis T, Mourrain P, Saint Etienne L, Fischer N, Aanstad P, Clark M, et al. A crucial component of the endoderm formation pathway, CASANOVA, is encoded by a novel sox-related gene. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1487-92 pubmedb>casanova (cas) mutant zebrafish embryos lack endoderm and develop cardia bifida. In a substractive screen for Nodal-responsive genes, we isolated an HMG box-containing gene, 10J3, which is expressed in the endoderm...
- Lunde K, Belting H, Driever W. Zebrafish pou5f1/pou2, homolog of mammalian Oct4, functions in the endoderm specification cascade. Curr Biol. 2004;14:48-55 pubmed..Further, MZspg mutants do not maintain expression of sox32/casanova, express little or no sox17, and fail to develop endodermal tissue...
- Reim G, Mizoguchi T, Stainier D, Kikuchi Y, Brand M. The POU domain protein spg (pou2/Oct4) is essential for endoderm formation in cooperation with the HMG domain protein casanova. Dev Cell. 2004;6:91-101 pubmed..Zebrafish endoderm differentiation starts with the activation of sox17 by casanova (cas). We report that spg (pou2/Oct4) is essential for endoderm formation...
- Kikuchi Y, Agathon A, Alexander J, Thisse C, Waldron S, Yelon D, et al. casanova encodes a novel Sox-related protein necessary and sufficient for early endoderm formation in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1493-505 pubmed..of Nodal signaling but upstream of the early endodermal marker sox17: bonnie and clyde (bon), faust (fau), and casanova (cas)...
- diIorio P, Alexa K, Choe S, Etheridge L, SAGERSTROM C. TALE-family homeodomain proteins regulate endodermal sonic hedgehog expression and pattern the anterior endoderm. Dev Biol. 2007;304:221-31 pubmed..Our data indicate that meis3 and pbx4 regulate shh expression in anterior endoderm, thereby influencing patterning and growth of the foregut. ..
- Bjornson C, Griffin K, Farr G, Terashima A, Himeda C, Kikuchi Y, et al. Eomesodermin is a localized maternal determinant required for endoderm induction in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2005;9:523-33 pubmedIn zebrafish, endoderm induction occurs in marginal blastomeres and requires Casanova (Cas), the first endoderm-specific factor expressed in the embryo...
- Khan A, Nakamoto A, Tai M, Saito S, Nakayama Y, Kawamura A, et al. Mesendoderm specification depends on the function of Pou2, the class V POU-type transcription factor, during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Growth Differ. 2012;54:686-701 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Pou2 functions in multiple aspects of vertebrate development, especially in the binary decision of the mesendoderm to mesoderm and endoderm in different ways depending on the developmental stage. ..
- Dutta S, Sriskanda S, Boobalan E, Alur R, Elkahloun A, Brooks B. nlz1 is required for cilia formation in zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2015;406:203-11 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Nlz1 contributes to motile cilia formation by positively regulating Wnt11/presumed non-canonical Wnt signaling. Together, our data suggest a novel role of nlz1 in ciliogenesis and the morphogenesis of multiple tissues. ..
- Nojima H, Shimizu T, Kim C, Yabe T, Bae Y, Muraoka O, et al. Genetic evidence for involvement of maternally derived Wnt canonical signaling in dorsal determination in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2004;121:371-86 pubmed..The tkk locus was mapped to chromosome 16. These data provide genetic evidence that the maternally derived canonical Wnt pathway upstream of beta-catenin is involved in dorsal axis formation in zebrafish. ..
- Sesé B, Barrero M, Fabregat M, Sander V, Izpisua Belmonte J. SMYD2 is induced during cell differentiation and participates in early development. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:357-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that SMYD2 plays a critical role at early stages of development and in human ES cell differentiation. ..
- Esguerra C, Nelles L, Vermeire L, Ibrahimi A, Crawford A, Derua R, et al. Ttrap is an essential modulator of Smad3-dependent Nodal signaling during zebrafish gastrulation and left-right axis determination. Development. 2007;134:4381-93 pubmed
- Tehrani Z, Lin S. Antagonistic interactions of hedgehog, Bmp and retinoic acid signals control zebrafish endocrine pancreas development. Development. 2011;138:631-40 pubmed publisher..These results identify multiple sequential roles for Hh in pancreas development and highlight an unexpected antagonistic relationship between Hh and other signaling pathways to control pancreatic specification and differentiation. ..
- Schwend T, Loucks E, Snyder D, Ahlgren S. Requirement of Npc1 and availability of cholesterol for early embryonic cell movements in zebrafish. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1328-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies show that npc1 is required early for proper cell movement and cholesterol localization and later for cell survival. ..
- Dworkin S, Simkin J, Darido C, Partridge D, Georgy S, Caddy J, et al. Grainyhead-like 3 regulation of endothelin-1 in the pharyngeal endoderm is critical for growth and development of the craniofacial skeleton. Mech Dev. 2014;133:77-90 pubmed publisher..This study sheds new light on the role of endodermal endothelin-1 in vertebrate jaw development, and highlights potential new genetic defects that could underpin human CFD. ..
- Yelon D, Horne S, Stainier D. Restricted expression of cardiac myosin genes reveals regulated aspects of heart tube assembly in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 1999;214:23-37 pubmed..Altogether, these data suggest new models for the mechanisms that regulate the formation of a patterned heart tube and provide an important framework for future analyses of zebrafish mutants with defects in this process. ..
- Mazmanian G, Kovshilovsky M, Yen D, Mohanty A, Mohanty S, Nee A, et al. The zebrafish dyrk1b gene is important for endoderm formation. Genesis. 2010;48:20-30 pubmed publisher..The endodermal markers cas and sox17 were also moderately reduced in dyrk1b-MO animals...
- Moreno Ayala R, Schnabel D, Salas Vidal E, LomelÃ H. PIAS-like protein Zimp7 is required for the restriction of the zebrafish organizer and mesoderm development. Dev Biol. 2015;403:89-100 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings indicate that Zimp7 is involved in transcriptional regulation of factors that are essential for patterning in the dorsoventral axis. ..
- Schorpp M, Leicht M, Nold E, Hammerschmidt M, Haas Assenbaum A, Wiest W, et al. A zebrafish orthologue (whnb) of the mouse nude gene is expressed in the epithelial compartment of the embryonic thymic rudiment. Mech Dev. 2002;118:179-85 pubmed..in cloche mutants, where endothelial and haematopoietic cell differentiation is defective, but absent in casanova mutants where endoderm formation is impaired...
- Maves L, Tyler A, Moens C, Tapscott S. Pbx acts with Hand2 in early myocardial differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;333:409-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate new roles for Pbx proteins in vertebrate cardiac development and also provide new insight into connections between the transcriptional regulation of skeletal and cardiac muscle differentiation programs. ..
- Nicenboim J, Malkinson G, Lupo T, Asaf L, Sela Y, Mayseless O, et al. Lymphatic vessels arise from specialized angioblasts within a venous niche. Nature. 2015;522:56-61 pubmed..More broadly, our findings highlight the cardinal vein as a heterogeneous structure, analogous to the haematopoietic niche in the aortic floor. ..
- Rikin A, Evans T. The tbx/bHLH transcription factor mga regulates gata4 and organogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:535-47 pubmed publisher..Transcript profiling experiments show that mga functions early to influence key regulators of mesendoderm, including tbx6, cas, and sox17.
- Kapsimali M, Kaushik A, Gibon G, Dirian L, Ernest S, Rosa F. Fgf signaling controls pharyngeal taste bud formation through miR-200 and Delta-Notch activity. Development. 2011;138:3473-84 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides genetic evidence that supports a novel model where Fgf regulates Delta-Notch signaling, and subsequently miR-200 activity, in order to promote taste bud cell type differentiation. ..
- Mudumana S, Hentschel D, Liu Y, Vasilyev A, Drummond I. odd skipped related1 reveals a novel role for endoderm in regulating kidney versus vascular cell fate. Development. 2008;135:3355-67 pubmed publisher..Combined osr1 loss of function and blockade of endoderm development by knockdown of sox32/casanova rescued anterior kidney development...
- Liu D, Hsu C, Tsai S, Hsiao C, Wang W. A variant of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (Fgfr2) regulates left-right asymmetry in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21793 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, KV cilia were shorter in fgfr2c morphants. We conclude that the fgfr2c isoform plays an important role in the left-right asymmetry during zebrafish development. ..
- Poulain M, Fürthauer M, Thisse B, Thisse C, Lepage T. Zebrafish endoderm formation is regulated by combinatorial Nodal, FGF and BMP signalling. Development. 2006;133:2189-200 pubmed..We found that FGF/ERK signalling causes phosphorylation of Casanova/Sox32, an important regulator of endoderm determination, and provide evidence that this phosphorylation ..
- Cao J, Li S, Zhang H, Shi D. High mobility group B proteins regulate mesoderm formation and dorsoventral patterning during zebrafish and Xenopus early development. Mech Dev. 2012;129:263-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that hmgb genes may function to fine-tune the specification and/or dorsoventral patterning of mesoderm during zebrafish and Xenopus development. ..
- Moreno Mateos M, Vejnar C, Beaudoin J, Fernandez J, Mis E, Khokha M, et al. CRISPRscan: designing highly efficient sgRNAs for CRISPR-Cas9 targeting in vivo. Nat Methods. 2015;12:982-8 pubmed publisher..These results identify determinants that influence Cas9 activity and provide a framework for the design of highly efficient sgRNAs for genome targeting in vivo. ..
- Serluca F. Development of the proepicardial organ in the zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;315:18-27 pubmed publisher..Disruption of lateral plate mesoderm (LPM) migration through knockdown of miles apart or casanova leads to cardia bifida with each bilateral heart associated with its own PEO, suggesting that the earliest ..
- Ellertsdottir E, Ganz J, Durr K, Loges N, Biemar F, Seifert F, et al. A mutation in the zebrafish Na,K-ATPase subunit atp1a1a.1 provides genetic evidence that the sodium potassium pump contributes to left-right asymmetry downstream or in parallel to nodal flow. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1794-808 pubmed..Therefore, the Na,K-ATPase is required downstream or in parallel to monocilia function during initiation of left-right asymmetry in zebrafish. ..
- Paksa A, Bandemer J, Hoeckendorf B, Razin N, Tarbashevich K, Minina S, et al. Repulsive cues combined with physical barriers and cell-cell adhesion determine progenitor cell positioning during organogenesis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11288 pubmed publisher..The combination of these developmental and cellular mechanisms prevents organ fusion, controls organ positioning and is thus critical for its proper function. ..
- Tahara N, Bessho Y, Matsui T. Celf1 is required for formation of endoderm-derived organs in zebrafish. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:18009-23 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore suggest that Celf1 regulates proper organogenesis of endoderm-derived tissues by regulating the expression of such targets. ..
- Verleyen D, Luyten F, Tylzanowski P. Orphan G-protein coupled receptor 22 (Gpr22) regulates cilia length and structure in the zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e110484 pubmed publisher..Further, we found that Gpr22 does not act upstream of the two cilia master regulators, Foxj1a and Rfx2. To conclude, our study characterized a novel player in the field of ciliogenesis. ..
- Woo S, Housley M, Weiner O, Stainier D. Nodal signaling regulates endodermal cell motility and actin dynamics via Rac1 and Prex1. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:941-52 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal a novel role for Nodal signaling in regulating actin dynamics and migration behavior, which are crucial for endodermal morphogenesis and cell fate decisions. ..
- Hozumi S, Aoki S, Kikuchi Y. Nuclear movement regulated by non-Smad Nodal signaling via JNK is associated with Smad signaling during zebrafish endoderm specification. Development. 2017;144:4015-4025 pubmed publisher..Our study provides insight into the function of nuclear movement in Smad signaling toward the nucleus, and could be applied to the control of TGF? signaling. ..
- Lovely C, Swartz M, McCarthy N, Norrie J, Eberhart J. Bmp signaling mediates endoderm pouch morphogenesis by regulating Fgf signaling in zebrafish. Development. 2016;143:2000-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our analyses shed light on the tissue and signaling interactions that regulate development of the vertebrate face. ..
- Chung W, Andersson O, Row R, Kimelman D, Stainier D. Suppression of Alk8-mediated Bmp signaling cell-autonomously induces pancreatic beta-cells in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1142-7 pubmed publisher..These results provide important unique insight into the intercellular signaling environment necessary for in vivo and in vitro generation of beta-cells. ..
- Xiong C, Liu X, Meng A. The Kinase Activity-deficient Isoform of the Protein Araf Antagonizes Ras/Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase (Ras/MAPK) Signaling in the Zebrafish Embryo. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:25512-21 pubmed publisher..Therefore, different isoforms of Araf may participate in similar developmental processes but by regulating different signaling pathways. ..
- Veil M, Schaechtle M, Gao M, Kirner V, Buryanova L, Grethen R, et al. Maternal Nanog is required for zebrafish embryo architecture and for cell viability during gastrulation. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..i> Our findings suggest that maternal Nanog coordinates several gene regulatory networks that shape the embryo during gastrulation. ..
- Chang W, Horng J, Yan J, Hsiao C, Hwang P. The transcription factor, glial cell missing 2, is involved in differentiation and functional regulation of H+-ATPase-rich cells in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1192-201 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, functional regulation of HR cells is probably achieved by enhancing cell differentiation via zGCM2 activation. ..
- Hong S, Jang M, Brown J, McBride A, Feldman B. Embryonic mesoderm and endoderm induction requires the actions of non-embryonic Nodal-related ligands and Mxtx2. Development. 2011;138:787-95 pubmed publisher..In summary, the induction of mesoderm and endoderm depends upon the combined actions of Mxtx2 and Nodal-related ligands from non-embryonic sources. ..
- Chung M, Ma A, Fung T, Leung A. Characterization of Sry-related HMG box group F genes in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:986-998.e5 pubmed publisher..Concomitant sox7 and sox18 knockdown disrupted vasculogenesis and angiogenesis, but not hematopoiesis. sox32 knockdown delayed medial migration of hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors at 18 hpf and abolished cmyb ..
- Johnson C, Hernandez Lagunas L, Feng W, Melvin V, Williams T, Artinger K. Vgll2a is required for neural crest cell survival during zebrafish craniofacial development. Dev Biol. 2011;357:269-81 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data reveal a novel non-cell autonomous role for Vgll2a in development of the NCC-derived vertebrate craniofacial skeleton. ..
- Muto A, Calof A, Lander A, Schilling T. Multifactorial origins of heart and gut defects in nipbl-deficient zebrafish, a model of Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001181 pubmed publisher..further revealed that, as early as gastrulation, expression of genes involved in endodermal differentiation (sox32, sox17, foxa2, and gata5) and left-right patterning (spaw, lefty2, and dnah9) is altered...
- Wang X, Yost H. Initiation and propagation of posterior to anterior (PA) waves in zebrafish left-right development. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3640-7 pubmed publisher..We find that initiation of pitx2 in LPM and lefty1 in midline depends on Southpaw, and that casanova (sox32) and two Nodal inhibitors, lefty1 and charon, have distinct roles upstream of PA wave initiation...
- Mizoguchi T, Izawa T, Kuroiwa A, Kikuchi Y. Fgf signaling negatively regulates Nodal-dependent endoderm induction in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2006;300:612-22 pubmed..Three transcription factors downstream of Nodal, Bonnie and Clyde (Bon), Faust (Fau)/Gata5 and Casanova (Cas), are required for endoderm induction...
- Lin X, Rinaldo L, Fazly A, Xu X. Depletion of Med10 enhances Wnt and suppresses Nodal signaling during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;303:536-48 pubmed..Thus, Med10 appears to be a unique MED subunit that differentially transduces information from distinct signaling pathways during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Hong S, Dawid I. Alpha2 macroglobulin-like is essential for liver development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3736 pubmed publisher..This report on A2ML function in zebrafish development provides the first evidence for a specific role of an A2M family gene in liver formation during early embryogenesis in a vertebrate. ..
- Maître J, Berthoumieux H, Krens S, Salbreux G, Jülicher F, Paluch E, et al. Adhesion functions in cell sorting by mechanically coupling the cortices of adhering cells. Science. 2012;338:253-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, cell adhesion provides the mechanical scaffold for cell cortex tension to drive cell sorting during gastrulation. ..
- Tiso N, Filippi A, Pauls S, Bortolussi M, Argenton F. BMP signalling regulates anteroposterior endoderm patterning in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2002;118:29-37 pubmed..signalling do not perturb the induction of endodermal precursors, as shown by normal amounts of cells expressing cas and sox17 in swirl and chordino gastrulae, but affect dramatically the expression pattern of her5, a regulator of ..
- Gamse J, Thisse C, Thisse B, Halpern M. The parapineal mediates left-right asymmetry in the zebrafish diencephalon. Development. 2003;130:1059-68 pubmed..The left-sided parapineal therefore influences the left-right identity of adjacent brain nuclei, indicating that laterality of the dorsal diencephalon arises in a step-wise fashion. ..
- Xu C, Fan Z, Muller P, Fogley R, DiBiase A, Trompouki E, et al. Nanog-like regulates endoderm formation through the Mxtx2-Nodal pathway. Dev Cell. 2012;22:625-38 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies a Nanog-like-Mxtx2-Nodal pathway and establishes a role for Nanog-like in regulating the formation of the extraembryonic tissue required for endoderm induction...
- Ye D, Lin F. S1pr2/G?13 signaling controls myocardial migration by regulating endoderm convergence. Development. 2013;140:789-99 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate for the first time that the G?(13)/RhoGEF-dependent pathway functions downstream of S1pr2 to regulate convergent movement of the endoderm, an event that is crucial for coordinating myocardial migration. ..
- Siddiqui M, Sheikh H, Tran C, Bruce A. The tight junction component Claudin E is required for zebrafish epiboly. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:715-22 pubmed publisher..Our work is the first to demonstrate that Claudins are important for zebrafish epiboly. ..
- Nelson A, Cutty S, Niini M, Stemple D, Flicek P, Houart C, et al. Global identification of Smad2 and Eomesodermin targets in zebrafish identifies a conserved transcriptional network in mesendoderm and a novel role for Eomesodermin in repression of ectodermal gene expression. BMC Biol. 2014;12:81 pubmed publisher..Eomesa therefore regulates the formation of all three germ layers in the early zebrafish embryo. ..
- Anuppalle M, Maddirevula S, Huh T, Rhee M. Trb3 regulates LR axis formation in zebrafish embryos. Mol Cells. 2013;36:542-7 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of trb3 reduces the level of smurf1 transcripts, a member of TGF-signaling. We thus propose that Trb3 governs left-right (LR) axis patterning as a component of TGF-signaling in vertebrate embryonic development. ..
- Balczerski B, Matsutani M, Castillo P, Osborne N, Stainier D, Crump J. Analysis of sphingosine-1-phosphate signaling mutants reveals endodermal requirements for the growth but not dorsoventral patterning of jaw skeletal precursors. Dev Biol. 2012;362:230-41 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, analysis of s1pr2 and spns2 mutants, as well as sox32 mutants that completely lack endoderm, reveals that the dorsal-ventral (DV) patterning of jaw skeletal precursors ..
- Zhang D, Gates K, Barske L, Wang G, Lancman J, Zeng X, et al. Endoderm Jagged induces liver and pancreas duct lineage in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:769 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors reveal that Notch ligands Jagged1b and Jagged2b induce duct cell lineage in the liver and pancreas of the zebrafish. ..
- Zhang D, Golubkov V, Han W, Correa R, Zhou Y, Lee S, et al. Identification of Annexin A4 as a hepatopancreas factor involved in liver cell survival. Dev Biol. 2014;395:96-110 pubmed publisher..A role for Anxa4 in cell survival may have implications for the mechanism of diabetic ÃŸ-cell apoptosis and cancer cell chemoresistance. ..
- Anderson R, Delous M, Bosch J, Ye L, Robertson M, Hesselson D, et al. Hepatocyte growth factor signaling in intrapancreatic ductal cells drives pancreatic morphogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003650 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results reveal a novel and essential role for HGF signaling in the intrapancreatic ducts during exocrine morphogenesis. ..