Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sox19b
Description: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 19b
Alias: fb76c08, id:ibd3529, sb:cb174, sox31, wu:fb76c08, wu:fe16f11, wu:fe24f11, transcription factor Sox-19b, SRY-box containing gene 19b, SRY-box containing gene 31, cb174, fe16f11, fe24f11, protein sox-31, transcription factor SOX19B
- Kuo C, Lam C, Hewitt J, Scotting P. Formation of the embryonic organizer is restricted by the competitive influences of Fgf signaling and the SoxB1 transcription factors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57698 pubmed publisher..of the organizer genes, gsc and chd, and that SoxB1 factors (Sox3, and the zebrafish specific factors, Sox19a and Sox19b) can repress the expression of both fgf3 and fgf8...
- Cruz C, Maegawa S, Weinberg E, Wilson S, Dawid I, Kudoh T. Induction and patterning of trunk and tail neural ectoderm by the homeobox gene eve1 in zebrafish embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:3564-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that eve1 is crucial for the organization of the antero-posterior and dorso-ventral axis in the gastrula ectoderm and also has trunk- and tail-promoting activity...
- Tilton F, Tanguay R. Exposure to sodium metam during zebrafish somitogenesis results in early transcriptional indicators of the ensuing neuronal and muscular dysfunction. Toxicol Sci. 2008;106:103-12 pubmed publisher..Further study of the interactions of dithiocarbamates with the regulatory elements of fast muscle development and neurodevelopment is warranted. ..
- Kamachi Y, Okuda Y, Kondoh H. Quantitative assessment of the knockdown efficiency of morpholino antisense oligonucleotides in zebrafish embryos using a luciferase assay. Genesis. 2008;46:1-7 pubmed publisher..Our quantitative assessment method also reveals, however, that an effective and specific knockdown can be achieved when employing a strategy that takes advantage of the synergistic effect of double MOs used at low levels. ..
- Caneparo L, Huang Y, Staudt N, Tada M, Ahrendt R, Kazanskaya O, et al. Dickkopf-1 regulates gastrulation movements by coordinated modulation of Wnt/beta catenin and Wnt/PCP activities, through interaction with the Dally-like homolog Knypek. Genes Dev. 2007;21:465-80 pubmed..Our data therefore indicate that Dkk1 regulates gastrulation movement through interaction with LRP5/6 and Kny and coordinated modulations of Wnt/beta catenin and Wnt/PCP pathways. ..
- Herrero TurriÃ³n M, RodrÃguez MartÃn I, LÃ³pez Bellido R, RodrÃguez R. Whole-genome expression profile in zebrafish embryos after chronic exposure to morphine: identification of new genes associated with neuronal function and mu opioid receptor expression. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:874 pubmed publisher..Of these, several novel genes (grb2, copb2, otpb, magi1b, grik-l, bnip4 and sox19b) have been detected for the first time in an experimental animal model treated with morphine...
- Chen Y, Harris M, Levesque M, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C, Sonawane M. Heterogeneity across the dorso-ventral axis in zebrafish EVL is regulated by a novel module consisting of sox, snail1a and max genes. Mech Dev. 2012;129:13-23 pubmed publisher..We show that along with Nodal signalling components, four proteins Sox11b, Sox19b, Snail1a and Max are involved in regulating the size of this EVL domain...
- Leichsenring M, Maes J, Mössner R, Driever W, Onichtchouk D. Pou5f1 transcription factor controls zygotic gene activation in vertebrates. Science. 2013;341:1005-9 pubmed publisher..Our data position Pou5f1 and SOX-POU sites at the center of the zygotic gene activation network of vertebrates and provide a link between zygotic gene activation and pluripotency control. ..
- Rodriguez Viales R, Diotel N, Ferg M, Armant O, Eich J, Alunni A, et al. The helix-loop-helix protein id1 controls stem cell proliferation during regenerative neurogenesis in the adult zebrafish telencephalon. Stem Cells. 2015;33:892-903 pubmed publisher..Together, we propose that Id1 acts to maintain the neural stem cell pool by counteracting neurogenesis-promoting signals. ..
- Roberts R, Appel B. Apical polarity protein PrkCi is necessary for maintenance of spinal cord precursors in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1638-48 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PrkCi function and planar divisions are necessary for asymmetric, self-renewing division of spinal cord precursors. ..