Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sox19a
Description: SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 19a
Alias: cb799, fc66c01, sox19, wu:fc66c01, transcription factor Sox-19a, SRY-box containing gene 19a, transcription factor SOX19A
- Leichsenring M, Maes J, Mössner R, Driever W, Onichtchouk D. Pou5f1 transcription factor controls zygotic gene activation in vertebrates. Science. 2013;341:1005-9 pubmed publisher..Our data position Pou5f1 and SOX-POU sites at the center of the zygotic gene activation network of vertebrates and provide a link between zygotic gene activation and pluripotency control. ..
- Hudish L, Galati D, Ravanelli A, Pearson C, Huang P, Appel B. miR-219 regulates neural progenitors by dampening apical Par protein-dependent Hedgehog signaling. Development. 2016;143:2292-304 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-219 appears to decrease progenitor cell sensitivity to Shh signaling, thereby driving these cells towards differentiation. ..
- Praveen Kumar M, Shyama S, Kashif S, Dubey S, Avelyno D, Sonaye B, et al. Effects of gamma radiation on the early developmental stages of Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;142:95-101 pubmed publisher..Further, expression of genes associated with the development and DNA damage i.e. (sox2 sox19a and p53) were evaluated using Quantitative PCR (qPCR)...
- Chen Y, Harris M, Levesque M, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C, Sonawane M. Heterogeneity across the dorso-ventral axis in zebrafish EVL is regulated by a novel module consisting of sox, snail1a and max genes. Mech Dev. 2012;129:13-23 pubmed publisher..For the first time, this transgenic line unravels the heterogeneity in the EVL and will serve as an important tool in understanding the molecular basis of the DV patterning of the EVL. ..
- Koopman P, Schepers G, Brenner S, Venkatesh B. Origin and diversity of the SOX transcription factor gene family: genome-wide analysis in Fugu rubripes. Gene. 2004;328:177-86 pubmed publisher..particular, Fugu does not have orthologues of Sry, Sox15 and Sox30, which appear to be specific to mammals, while Sox19, found in Fugu and zebrafish but absent in mammals, seems to be specific to fishes...
- Dal Pra S, Fürthauer M, Van Celst J, Thisse B, Thisse C. Noggin1 and Follistatin-like2 function redundantly to Chordin to antagonize BMP activity. Dev Biol. 2006;298:514-26 pubmed
- Fong S, Emelyanov A, Teh C, Korzh V. Wnt signalling mediated by Tbx2b regulates cell migration during formation of the neural plate. Development. 2005;132:3587-96 pubmed..The exclusion of cells lacking T-box proteins in chimeras during development was demonstrated with other T-box genes and may indicate a general functional mechanism for T-box proteins. ..
- De Martino S, Errington F, Ashworth A, Jowett T, Austin C. sox30: a novel zebrafish sox gene expressed in a restricted manner at the midbrain-hindbrain boundary during neurogenesis. Dev Genes Evol. 1999;209:357-62 pubmed..This expression pattern is in direct contrast to that of most other neuronally expressed Sox genes which are expressed throughout the nervous system. ..
- Bally Cuif L, Schatz W, Ho R. Characterization of the zebrafish Orb/CPEB-related RNA binding protein and localization of maternal components in the zebrafish oocyte. Mech Dev. 1998;77:31-47 pubmed..We show that this localization is independent of microtubules and microfilaments, and that the distribution of Zorba protein parallels that of its mRNA. ..
- Vriz S, Joly C, Boulekbache H, Condamine H. Zygotic expression of the zebrafish Sox-19, an HMG box-containing gene, suggests an involvement in central nervous system development. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;40:221-8 pubmed..In spite of the ventral localisation of its mRNA, the expression of this ZfSox-19 gene is completely normal in cyclops embryos which implies that ZfSox-19 expression is independent of the presence of the floor plate. ..
- Stapel L, Zechner C, Vastenhouw N. Uniform gene expression in embryos is achieved by temporal averaging of transcription noise. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1635-1640 pubmed publisher..Temporal averaging might provide a general context in which to understand how embryos deal with stochastic transcription. ..