Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sod1
Description: superoxide dismutase 1, soluble
Alias: Cu/Zn-SOD, ZSOD, cuzn, superoxide dismutase [Cu-Zn], Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase, sod(Cu/Zn)
- Behrendt L, Jönsson M, Goldstone J, Stegeman J. Induction of cytochrome P450 1 genes and stress response genes in developing zebrafish exposed to ultraviolet radiation. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;98:74-82 pubmed publisher..Proliferating cellular nuclear antigen (PCNA) and Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD1) transcript levels were induced (2.1+/-0.2 and 2.3+/-0...
- Wang Y, Wu S, Chen J, Zhang C, Xu Z, Li G, et al. Single and joint toxicity assessment of four currently used pesticides to zebrafish (Danio rerio) using traditional and molecular endpoints. Chemosphere. 2018;192:14-23 pubmed publisher..Taken together, increased toxicity might be triggered by the simultaneous presence of several pesticides in the aquatic environment, which seriously damaged the non-target organisms...
- RodrÃguez Fuentes G, Rubio Escalante F, NoreÃ±a Barroso E, Escalante Herrera K, Schlenk D. Impacts of oxidative stress on acetylcholinesterase transcription, and activity in embryos of zebrafish (Danio rerio) following Chlorpyrifos exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;172-173:19-25 pubmed publisher..These results give additional evidence to support the role of prooxidants in AChE activity and expression. ..
- Sissener N, Johannessen L, Hevrøy E, Wiik Nielsen C, Berdal K, Nordgreen A, et al. Zebrafish ( Danio rerio) as a model for investigating the safety of GM feed ingredients (soya and maize); performance, stress response and uptake of dietary DNA sequences. Br J Nutr. 2010;103:3-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, zebrafish shows promise as a model for this application. ..
- Benedetti L, Ghilardi A, Rottoli E, De Maglie M, Prosperi L, Perego C, et al. INaP selective inhibition reverts precocious inter- and motorneurons hyperexcitability in the Sod1-G93R zebrafish ALS model. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24515 pubmed publisherThe pathogenic role of SOD1 mutations in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) was investigated using a zebrafish disease model stably expressing the ALS-linked G93R mutation...
- Banni M, Chouchene L, Said K, Kerkeni A, Messaoudi I. Mechanisms underlying the protective effect of zinc and selenium against cadmium-induced oxidative stress in zebrafish Danio rerio. Biometals. 2011;24:981-92 pubmed publisher..Our data would suggest that Zn and Se protective mechanism against Cd-induced oxidative stress is more depending on the correction of the proteins biological activities rather than on the transcriptional level of related genes...
- Hahn M, McArthur A, Karchner S, Franks D, Jenny M, Timme Laragy A, et al. The transcriptional response to oxidative stress during vertebrate development: effects of tert-butylhydroquinone and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113158 pubmed publisher..tBHQ also induced gclc (2 dpf), but not sod1, nqo1, or cyp1a. TCDD induced cyp1a but none of the other genes...
- Kusunoki T, Nishida S, Murata K, Kobashi K, Nakatani H, Hiwasa T, et al. Cathepsin L activity and its inhibitor in human otitis media. J Otolaryngol. 2001;30:157-61 pubmed..These results suggest that copper- and zinc-containing superoxide dismutase in cholesteatoma epithelium prevents complications by suppressing cathepsin L activity. ..
- Si J, Zhang H, Wang Z, Wu Z, Lu J, Di C, et al. Effects of (12)C(6+) ion radiation and ferulic acid on the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryonic oxidative stress response and gene expression. Mutat Res. 2013;745-746:26-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provided helpful information about the transcriptional effects of irradiation to better understand the mechanism of carbon ion-induced oxidative stress and FA-induced radioprotective effects. ..
- Choi J, Kim S, Ahn J, Youn P, Kang J, Park K, et al. Induction of oxidative stress and apoptosis by silver nanoparticles in the liver of adult zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;100:151-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the p53-related pro-apoptotic genes Bax, Noxa, and p21 were upregulated after treatment with AgNPs. These data suggest that oxidative stress and apoptosis are associated with AgNP toxicity in the liver of adult zebrafish. ..
- Cobbina S, Xu H, Zhao T, Mao G, Zhou Z, Wu X, et al. A multivariate assessment of innate immune-related gene expressions due to exposure to low concentration individual and mixtures of four kinds of heavy metals on zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:1032-42 pubmed publisher..It is indicative that mechanisms associated with toxicity of metal mixtures is complex, however, further studies to elucidate them are ongoing in our research laboratory. ..
- Yang Y, Ye X, He B, Liu J. Cadmium potentiates toxicity of cypermethrin in zebrafish. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2016;35:435-45 pubmed publisher..The authors' findings provide a deeper understanding of the mechanistic basis accounting for the joint toxicity of cypermethrin and Cd. ..
- Kim S, Ji K, Lee S, Lee J, Kim J, Kim S, et al. Perfluorooctane sulfonic acid exposure increases cadmium toxicity in early life stage of zebrafish, Danio rerio. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2011;30:870-7 pubmed publisher..Certain genes relative to oxidative stress, such as superoxide dismutase 1 (sod1) and heat shock protein 70 (hsp70), in the PFOS preexposure group were significantly up-regulated when the larvae ..
- Zhu L, Mu X, Wang K, Chai T, Yang Y, Qiu L, et al. Cyhalofop-butyl has the potential to induce developmental toxicity, oxidative stress and apoptosis in early life stage of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2015;203:40-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we speculated that oxidative stress-induced apoptosis should be responsible for abnormal development during embryogenesis after cyhalofop-butyl exposure. ..
- Zheng J, Yuan S, Wu C, Lv Z, Zhu A. Circadian time-dependent antioxidant and inflammatory responses to acute cadmium exposure in the brain of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:113-119 pubmed publisher..Taken together, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the brain were more serious when fish were exposed to Cd in the evening than in the morning, highlighting the importance of circadian rhythm in Cd-induced neurotoxicity in fish. ..
- Ken C, Lin C, Shaw J, Wu J. Characterization of fish Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase and its protection from oxidative stress. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2003;5:167-73 pubmed..The full coding region of the zebrafish superoxide dismutase (ZSOD) complementary DNA was ligated with pET-20b(+) and successfully expressed in Escherichia coli strain AD494(DE3)..
- Guan B, Ma H, Wang Y, Hu Y, Lin Z, Zhu Z, et al. Vitreoscilla hemoglobin (VHb) overexpression increases hypoxia tolerance in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2011;13:336-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that that vhb gene may be an efficient candidate for genetically modifying hypoxia tolerance in fish. ..
- Song Y, Wu B, Chiu C, Chen C, Zhou J, Liang S, et al. Coral-Derived Natural Marine Compound GB9 Impairs Vascular Development in Zebrafish. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Moreover, exogenous N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) treatment rescued the vascular defects in GB9 treated embryos. Our results showed that GB9 exposure causes vascular defects likely mediated by the imbalance of redox homeostasis. ..
- Wu S, Ji G, Liu J, Zhang S, Gong Y, Shi L. TBBPA induces developmental toxicity, oxidative stress, and apoptosis in embryos and zebrafish larvae (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2016;31:1241-9 pubmed publisher..2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Environ Toxicol 31: 1241-1249, 2016. ..
- Faltermann S, Hutter S, Christen V, Hettich T, Fent K. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Cyanobacterial Serine Protease Inhibitors Aeruginosin 828A and Cyanopeptolin 1020 in Human Hepatoma Cell Line Huh7 and Effects in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The data further demonstrate that pathways that are influenced by microcystin-LR are not affected by aeruginosin 828A. ..
- Corrales J, Kristofco L, Steele W, Saari G, Kostal J, Williams E, et al. Toward the Design of Less Hazardous Chemicals: Exploring Comparative Oxidative Stress in Two Common Animal Models. Chem Res Toxicol. 2017;30:893-904 pubmed publisher..g., SN2 nucleophilic substitution and Michael addition reactivity) to reduce OS related adverse outcomes in vivo. ..
- Liu H, Sheng N, Zhang W, Dai J. Toxic effects of perfluorononanoic acid on the development of Zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. J Environ Sci (China). 2015;32:26-34 pubmed publisher..experiments demonstrated that mRNA expression of the lfabp and ucp2 genes increased significantly while that of sod1 and mt-nd1 decreased significantly after PFNA exposure...
- Perrichon P, Akcha F, Le Menach K, Goubeau M, Budzinski H, Cousin X, et al. Parental trophic exposure to three aromatic fractions of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the zebrafish: Consequences for the offspring. Sci Total Environ. 2015;524-525:52-62 pubmed publisher..The disruptions observed at the individual level in the next generation could impact on the longer-term, surviving population. ..
- Xu H, Ma H, Hu B, Lowrie D, Fan X, Wen C. Molecular cloning, identification and functional characterization of a novel intracellular Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase from the freshwater mussel Cristaria plicata. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:615-22 pubmed publisher..0-9.0, and was resistant to 8 mol/L urea or 8% SDS. In addition, the addition of active rCp-icCuZnSOD enzmye could protect hepatocyte L02 cells from oxidative damage as assessed using an alcohol-injured human liver cell model. ..
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhu L, Huang Y, Shen G, et al. The developmental effect of difenoconazole on zebrafish embryos: A mechanism research. Environ Pollut. 2016;212:18-26 pubmed publisher..Genes related to hatching, retinoic acid metabolism and lipid homeostasis were up-regulated by difenoconazole. ..
- Brun N, Lenz M, Wehrli B, Fent K. Comparative effects of zinc oxide nanoparticles and dissolved zinc on zebrafish embryos and eleuthero-embryos: importance of zinc ions. Sci Total Environ. 2014;476-477:657-66 pubmed publisher..Overall, transcriptional alterations were higher in embryos than eleuthero-embryos. The similarities of the effects lead to the conclusion that effects of nZnO are mainly related to the release of Zn(II). ..
- Sagi D, Kim S. An engineering approach to extending lifespan in C. elegans. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002780 pubmed publisher..Using engineering to add novel functions and to tune endogenous functions provides a new framework for lifespan extension that goes beyond the constraints of the worm genome. ..
- Chen Q, Sun Y, Liu Z, Li Y. Sex-dependent effects of subacute mercuric chloride exposure on histology, antioxidant status and immune-related gene expression in the liver of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2017;188:1-9 pubmed publisher..exposure decreased CAT activity and its mRNA levels, while increased GSH content and the expressions of sod1, gpx1a, gstr and keap1...
- Bazzini A, Lee M, Giraldez A. Ribosome profiling shows that miR-430 reduces translation before causing mRNA decay in zebrafish. Science. 2012;336:233-7 pubmed publisher..These results show that miR-430 regulates translation initiation before inducing mRNA decay during zebrafish development. ..
- Cunha V, Rodrigues P, Santos M, Moradas Ferreira P, Ferreira M. Danio rerio embryos on Prozac - Effects on the detoxification mechanism and embryo development. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;178:182-9 pubmed publisher..These finding raises additional concerns supporting the need to monitor the presence of this compound in aquatic reservoirs. ..
- McGown A, Shaw D, Ramesh T. ZNStress: a high-throughput drug screening protocol for identification of compounds modulating neuronal stress in the transgenic mutant sod1G93R zebrafish model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Mol Neurodegener. 2016;11:56 pubmed publisher..Mutations in superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) have been identified to cause ALS...
- Zhang Q, Cheng J, Xin Q. Effects of tetracycline on developmental toxicity and molecular responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Ecotoxicology. 2015;24:707-19 pubmed publisher..The overall results indicate that tetracycline can produce oxidative stress and induce apoptosis, which brings about significant developmental delay in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhang J, Zhu L, Li X, et al. Occurrence and origin of sensitivity toward difenoconazole in zebrafish (Danio reio) during different life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:57-68 pubmed publisher..At 8 dpe, the modification in the transcription of the tested genes in the embryos and adult fish was similar, except for the genes related to the synthesis of sterols. ..
- Yang Y, Liu W, Mu X, Qi S, Fu B, Wang C. Biological response of zebrafish embryos after short-term exposure to thifluzamide. Sci Rep. 2016;6:38485 pubmed publisher..In addition to providing the first description of the mechanism of the toxic effects of thifluzamide on embryos, this study also represents a step towards using embryos to assess mitochondrial metabolism and disease. ..
- Powers S, Kwok S, Lovejoy E, Lavin T, Sher R. Editor's Highlight: Embryonic Exposure to the Environmental Neurotoxin BMAA Negatively Impacts Early Neuronal Development and Progression of Neurodegeneration in the Sod1-G93R Zebrafish Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Toxicol Sci. 2017;157:129-140 pubmed publisher..We embryonically exposed zebrafish, Danio rerio, (transgenically overexpressing a FALS-causing SOD1-G93R mutation) to BMAA to investigate early motor neuron outgrowth in larvae and endurance and fatigability in 5-..
- Seo S, Dananjaya S, Nikapitiya C, Park B, Gooneratne R, Kim T, et al. Silver nanoparticles enhance wound healing in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;68:536-545 pubmed publisher..However, the detailed mechanism of enhanced wound healing remains to be investigated in fish. ..
- Zheng J, Yuan S, Wu C, Li W. Chronic waterborne zinc and cadmium exposures induced different responses towards oxidative stress in the liver of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:261-8 pubmed publisher..The differences were not caused by the transcriptional level of related genes but depended on post-transcriptional modifications. ..
- Hou J, Li L, Xue T, Long M, Su Y, Wu N. Damage and recovery of the ovary in female zebrafish i.p.-injected with MC-LR. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;155:110-8 pubmed publisher..Although the negative effects of MC-LR can be overcome by ovarian antioxidant system in this study, the potential reproductive risks of MC-LR should not be neglected because of its wide occurrence. ..
- Jin Y, Liu Z, Liu F, Ye Y, Peng T, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cadmium (II) and chromium (VI) induce behavioral alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2015;48:9-17 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that Cd and Cr have the potential to cause behavior alterations, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the larval zebrafish. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Pu Y, Shu L, Sun L, Liu W, et al. Cypermethrin has the potential to induce hepatic oxidative stress, DNA damage and apoptosis in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2011;82:398-404 pubmed publisher..This information will be helpful in fully understanding the mechanism of aquatic toxicology induced by CYP in fish. ..
- Sanden M, Jørgensen S, Hemre G, Ørnsrud R, Sissener N. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for investigating dietary toxic effects of deoxynivalenol contamination in aquaculture feeds. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:4441-8 pubmed publisher..0 ppm DON compared to the control group, 0.1, 0.5 and 1.5 ppm group. Gene transcripts of CuZn SOD and Cyclin G1 increased with increasing content of dietary DON...
- Eason J, Williams A, Chawla B, Apsey C, Bohnsack B. Differences in neural crest sensitivity to ethanol account for the infrequency of anterior segment defects in the eye compared with craniofacial anomalies in a zebrafish model of fetal alcohol syndrome. Birth Defects Res. 2017;109:1212-1227 pubmed publisher..These studies explain the rarity of anterior segment dysgenesis despite the frequent craniofacial abnormalities in fetal alcohol syndrome. Birth Defects Research 109:1212-1227, 2017. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Duval M, Gilbert M, Watson D, Zerulla T, Tierney K, Allison W. Growth differentiation factor 6 as a putative risk factor in neuromuscular degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89183 pubmed publisher..e. in zebrafish over-expressing mutant Superoxide Dismutase 1 (SOD1)...
- GentÃ¨s S, Maury Brachet R, Feng C, Pedrero Z, Tessier E, Legeay A, et al. Specific Effects of Dietary Methylmercury and Inorganic Mercury in Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Determined by Genetic, Histological, and Metallothionein Responses. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:14560-9 pubmed publisher..In brain, high MeHg and iHg concentrations induced metallothionein production. Finally, the importance of the fish origin in ecotoxicological studies, here the seventh descent of a zebrafish line, is discussed. ..
- Cunha V, Santos M, Moradas Ferreira P, Ferreira M. Simvastatin effects on detoxification mechanisms in Danio rerio embryos. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:10615-29 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data revealed the interaction of simvastatin with detoxification mechanisms highlighting the importance of monitoring the presence of this emerging contaminant in aquatic environments. ..
- Dodd A, Curtis P, Williams L, Love D. Zebrafish: bridging the gap between development and disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:2443-9 pubmed
- Gonzalez P, Baudrimont M, Boudou A, Bourdineaud J. Comparative effects of direct cadmium contamination on gene expression in gills, liver, skeletal muscles and brain of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biometals. 2006;19:225-35 pubmed..Then, after 21 days, the expression of almost every genes returned to basal levels while both mt1 and mt2 genes were up-regulated. ..
- Sun Y, Zhang G, He Z, Wang Y, Cui J, Li Y. Effects of copper oxide nanoparticles on developing zebrafish embryos and larvae. Int J Nanomedicine. 2016;11:905-18 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that short-term exposure to CuO NPs at high doses shows hepatotoxicity and neurotoxicity in zebrafish embryos and larvae. ..
- Wu S, Shu L, Liu J. Anti-oxidative functions of mt2 and smtB mRNA expression in the gills and brain of zebrafish (Danio rerio) upon cadmium exposure. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2016;42:1709-1720 pubmed..We suggest that smtB plays an important role to defend oxidative stress in the brain of adult zebrafish upon acute Cd2+ exposure. ..
- Eb Levadoux Y, Frelon S, Simon O, Arnaudguilhem C, Lobinski R, Mounicou S. In vivo identification of potential uranium protein targets in zebrafish ovaries after chronic waterborne exposure. Metallomics. 2017;9:525-534 pubmed publisher..Potential U targets were mainly involved in three biological processes: oxidative stress regulation (SOD, GST), cytoskeleton structure (actin) and embryo early development (vtg, initiation factor). ..
- Dale K, Rasinger J, Thorstensen K, Penglase S, Ellingsen S. Vitamin E reduces endosulfan-induced toxic effects on morphology and behavior in early development of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;101:84-93 pubmed publisher..Elevated ESF concentrations caused down-regulation of the antioxidant genes cuzn-sod, gpx1a and cat, suggesting that ESF promoted oxidative stress in the embryos...
- Massarsky A, Bone A, Dong W, Hinton D, Prasad G, Di Giulio R. AHR2 morpholino knockdown reduces the toxicity of total particulate matter to zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;309:63-76 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as shown by gene expression the AHR pathway, but not the antioxidant pathway, was induced in response to TPM exposure, providing further evidence for its importance in mediating TPM toxicity. ..
- Dedeh A, Ciutat A, Tréguer Delapierre M, Bourdineaud J. Impact of gold nanoparticles on zebrafish exposed to a spiked sediment. Nanotoxicology. 2015;9:71-80 pubmed publisher..Gold accumulation in fish tissues demonstrated the lower bioavailability of AuNP compared to ionic Au, and underlined the higher toxic potential of the nanoparticle form. ..
- Zaheer A, Yang B, Cao X, Lim R. Decreased copper-zinc superoxide dismutase activity and increased resistance to oxidative stress in glia maturation factor-null astrocytes. Neurochem Res. 2004;29:1473-80 pubmed..The current work was undertaken to investigate the effect of GMF expression in astrocytes on CuZn superoxide dismutase (CuZnSOD or SOD I) and on the vulnerability of the cells to H2O2 toxicity...
- Jin Y, Pan X, Cao L, Ma B, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cis-bifenthrin enantioselectively induces the transcription of genes related to oxidative stress, apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;34:717-23 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help with elucidating the differences and environmental risk of the two enantiomers of cis-BF-induced toxicity in aquatic organisms. ..
- Gonzalez P, Dominique Y, Massabuau J, Boudou A, Bourdineaud J. Comparative effects of dietary methylmercury on gene expression in liver, skeletal muscle, and brain of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2005;39:3972-80 pubmed..The expression of the metallothionein mt2 and the DNA repair rad51 genes was up-regulated in liver between 21 and 63 days, whereas in skeletal muscle, mt2 remained uninduced, and gadd and rad51 were found to be repressed. ..
- Chen H, Yang H, Hsieh D, Liu Z, Tsai K. Zebrafish sod1 and sp1 expression are modulated by the copper ATPase gene atp7a in response to intracellular copper status. Chem Biol Interact. 2011;189:192-7 pubmed publisher..intracellular copper distribution, which is critical for copper-dependent enzymes such as superoxide dismutase (SOD1)...
- Perrichon P, Le Menach K, Akcha F, Cachot J, Budzinski H, Bustamante P. Toxicity assessment of water-accommodated fractions from two different oils using a zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo-larval bioassay with a multilevel approach. Sci Total Environ. 2016;568:952-966 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights once more, the cardiotoxic action (and potentially neurotoxic) of petroleum-related PAHs. ..
- Sanden M, Ornsrud R, Sissener N, Jorgensen S, Gu J, Bakke A, et al. Cross-generational feeding of Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis)-maize to zebrafish (Danio rerio) showed no adverse effects on the parental or offspring generations. Br J Nutr. 2013;110:2222-33 pubmed publisher..The study focused on growth and reproductive performance, liver CuZn superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme activity, gene transcript levels targeting important cellular pathways in the ..
- Yuan S, Xu H, Liu L, Zheng J. Different effects of blue and red light-emitting diodes on antioxidant responses in the liver and ovary of zebrafish Danio rerio. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:411-419 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data demonstrated a positive effect of LDB and negative effect of LDR on fish antioxidant defenses, emphasizing the potentials of LDB as an effective light source in fish farming. ..
- Van Tiem L, Di Giulio R. AHR2 knockdown prevents PAH-mediated cardiac toxicity and XRE- and ARE-associated gene induction in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;254:280-7 pubmed publisher..These results further show the protective role of AHR2 knockdown against cardiotoxic PAHs and the role of AHR2 as a mediator of redox-responsive gene induction. ..
- Knecht A, Goodale B, Truong L, Simonich M, Swanson A, Matzke M, et al. Comparative developmental toxicity of environmentally relevant oxygenated PAHs. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;271:266-75 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive in vivo characterization of 38 structurally diverse OPAHs indicated differential AHR dependency and a prominent role for oxidative stress in the toxicity mechanisms...
- Gioacchini G, Giorgini E, Olivotto I, Maradonna F, Merrifield D, Carnevali O. The influence of probiotics on zebrafish Danio rerio innate immunity and hepatic stress. Zebrafish. 2014;11:98-106 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results show that probiotic administration may enhance zebrafish welfare by modulating the innate immune response and improving hepatic stress tolerance. ..
- Na Y, Seok S, Baek M, Lee H, Kim D, Park S, et al. Protective effects of vitamin E against 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126) induced toxicity in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2009;72:714-9 pubmed publisher..These data give insights into the use of vitamin E to reduce PCB126-mediated toxicity and into the use of zebrafish embryos for exploring mechanisms underlying the oxidative potential of AHR agonists. ..
- Nornberg B, Batista C, Almeida D, Trindade G, Marins L. ABCB1 and ABCC4 efflux transporters are involved in methyl parathion detoxification in ZFL cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2015;29:204-10 pubmed publisher..These data provide useful insights for better understanding of MP detoxification mechanism in fish hepatocytes. ..
- Sun L, Xin L, Peng Z, Jin R, Jin Y, Qian H, et al. Toxicity and enantiospecific differences of two ?-blockers, propranolol and metoprolol, in the embryos and larvae of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2014;29:1367-78 pubmed publisher..These results also demonstrated that the enantiospecific toxicity of chiral ?-blockers should be investigated when performing an ecological risk assessment. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu K, Hassan H, Guo H, Ding P, Han L, et al. Liver Fatty Acid Binding Protein Deficiency Provokes Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Apoptosis-Mediated Hepatotoxicity Induced by Pyrazinamide in Zebrafish Larvae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:7347-7356 pubmed
- Karami A, Groman D, Wilson S, Ismail P, Neela V. Biomarker responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae exposed to pristine low-density polyethylene fragments. Environ Pollut. 2017;223:466-475 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that virgin short-term exposure to LDPE fragments has minimal impact on biomarker responses in D. rerio larvae. ..
- Du J, Cai J, Wang S, You H. Oxidative stress and apotosis to zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and ZnO nanoparticles. Int J Occup Med Environ Health. 2017;30:213-229 pubmed publisher..In addition, some oxidative stress-related genes such as Cat, GSH peroxidase 1 (Gpx1a) and superoxide dismutase 1 (Sod1) were also significantly down-regulated after the PFOS plus ZnO-NPs co-treatments...
- Mukhopadhyay D, Chattopadhyay A. Induction of oxidative stress and related transcriptional effects of sodium fluoride in female zebrafish liver. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014;93:64-70 pubmed publisher..ROS generation was evidensed by fluoroscence microscopy. The results of this study will help to understand the mechanism of oxidative stress induced by NaF in fish. ..
- Chai T, Cui F, Mu X, Yang Y, Qi S, Zhu L, et al. Stereoselective induction by 2,2',3,4',6-pentachlorobiphenyl in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio): Implication of chirality in oxidative stress and bioaccumulation. Environ Pollut. 2016;215:66-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings might be helpful for elucidating the environmental risk of the two enantiomers of PCB91 that induce toxicity in aquatic organisms. ..
- Malek R, Sajadi H, Abraham J, Grundy M, Gerhard G. The effects of temperature reduction on gene expression and oxidative stress in skeletal muscle from adult zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2004;138:363-73 pubmed..Additional studies will be required to further delineate the role of altered gene expression and oxidative stress on the longevity-promoting effects of temperature reduction. ..
- Da Costa M, Allen C, Higginbottom A, Ramesh T, Shaw P, McDermott C. A new zebrafish model produced by TILLING of SOD1-related amyotrophic lateral sclerosis replicates key features of the disease and represents a tool for in vivo therapeutic screening. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:73-81 pubmed publisherMutations in the superoxide dismutase gene (SOD1) are one cause of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS; also known as motor neuron disease (MND)] in humans...
- Arnold M, Forte J, Osterberg J, Di Giulio R. Antioxidant Rescue of Selenomethionine-Induced Teratogenesis in Zebrafish Embryos. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2016;70:311-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that aqueous exposure to SeMet can induce significant embryonic teratogenesis in zebrafish that are at least partially attributed to oxidative stress. ..
- Jin Y, Zhang X, Shu L, Chen L, Sun L, Qian H, et al. Oxidative stress response and gene expression with atrazine exposure in adult female zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;78:846-52 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will be helpful in fully understanding the mechanism of oxidative stress induced by ATZ in fish. ..
- Lerebours A, Gonzalez P, Adam C, Camilleri V, Bourdineaud J, Garnier Laplace J. Comparative analysis of gene expression in brain, liver, skeletal muscles, and gills of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to environmentally relevant waterborne uranium concentrations. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1271-8 pubmed publisher..In gills, at the highest uranium concentration, gpx1a, cat1, sod1, and sod2 genes were up-regulated at day 21, indicating the onset of an oxidative stress...
- Safari R, Hoseinifar S, Kavandi M. Modulation of antioxidant defense and immune response in zebra fish (Danio rerio) using dietary sodium propionate. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2016;42:1733-1739 pubmed..These results showed beneficial effects of dietary sodium propionate on mucosal immune response as well as the antioxidant defense of zebra fish. ..