Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: socs1a
Description: suppressor of cytokine signaling 1a
Alias: socs1, zgc:91868, suppressor of cytokine signaling 1, suppressor of cytokine signalling
- Jin H, Xiang L, Shao J. Identification and characterization of suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS-1) homologues in teleost fish. Immunogenetics. 2007;59:673-86 pubmed publisherThe suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS-1), as the name implies, is a member of proteins that regulate cytokine signaling pathways by inhibiting the events of key tyrosine phosphorylation on cytokine receptors and signaling molecules ..
- Yin J, Shine L, Raycroft F, Deeti S, Reynolds A, Ackerman K, et al. Inhibition of the Pim1 oncogene results in diminished visual function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52177 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified that enhanced expression of Jak-Stat pathway genes correlates with maturation of visual function and that the Pim1 oncogene is required for normal visual function. ..
- Lawir D, Iwanami N, Schorpp M, Boehm T. A missense mutation in zbtb17 blocks the earliest steps of T cell differentiation in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:44145 pubmed publisher..the gene encoding the homing receptor ccr9a, and inefficient T cell differentiation owing to reduced expression of socs1a. Our results reveal the zbtb17-socs1 axis as an evolutionarily conserved central regulatory module of early T cell ..
- Studzinski A, Almeida D, Lanes C, Figueiredo M, Marins L. SOCS1 and SOCS3 are the main negative modulators of the somatotrophic axis in liver of homozygous GH-transgenic zebrafish (Danio rerio). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2009;161:67-72 pubmed publisher..However, the analysis of the SOCS1 and SOCS3 genes showed an induction in homozygotes of 2.5 times (p<0.01) and 4.3 times (p<0...
- Figueiredo M, Mareco E, Silva M, Marins L. Muscle-specific growth hormone receptor (GHR) overexpression induces hyperplasia but not hypertrophy in transgenic zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2012;21:457-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it seems that hypertrophy and hyperplasia follow two different routes for entire muscle growth, both of them triggered by GHR activation, but regulated by different mechanisms. ..