Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: snai2
Description: snail family zinc finger 2
Alias: cb147, cb355, id:ibd5003, sb:cb355, sb:cb569, slug, wu:fb83e12, wu:fd19g11, zgc:92564, zinc finger protein SNAI2, snail homolog 2
- Lopes S, Yang X, Müller J, Carney T, McAdow A, Rauch G, et al. Leukocyte tyrosine kinase functions in pigment cell development. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000026 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have discovered a novel signalling pathway in NCC development and demonstrate fate specification of iridophores as the first identified role for Ltk. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Comparative genomics on SNAI1, SNAI2, and SNAI3 orthologs. Oncol Rep. 2005;14:1083-6 pubmedSNAI1, SNAI2, and SNAI3 genes, encoding transcriptional repressors implicated in epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT), are human homologs of Drosophila snail (sna) and slug genes...
- Nishioka T, Arima N, Kano K, Hama K, Itai E, Yukiura H, et al. ATX-LPA1 axis contributes to proliferation of chondrocytes by regulating fibronectin assembly leading to proper cartilage formation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23433 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ATX-LPA1 axis is a key regulator of cartilage formation. ..
- Jiménez Amilburu V, Rasouli S, Staudt D, Nakajima H, Chiba A, Mochizuki N, et al. In Vivo Visualization of Cardiomyocyte Apicobasal Polarity Reveals Epithelial to Mesenchymal-like Transition during Cardiac Trabeculation. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2687-2699 pubmed publisher..These studies provide information about cardiomyocyte polarization and enhance our understanding of the complex mechanisms underlying ventricular morphogenesis and maturation. ..
- Gays D, Hess C, Camporeale A, Ala U, Provero P, Mosimann C, et al. An exclusive cellular and molecular network governs intestinal smooth muscle cell differentiation in vertebrates. Development. 2017;144:464-478 pubmed publisher..Together, our data uncover a cascade of molecular events that govern distinct morphogenetic steps during the emergence and differentiation of vertebrate iSMCs. ..
- Manzanares M, Blanco M, Nieto M. Snail3 orthologues in vertebrates: divergent members of the Snail zinc-finger gene family. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:47-53 pubmed..We further show that all three Snail genes lie in regions of extensive paralogy, revealing their common origin through segmental or chromosomal duplication. ..
- Cox S, Kim H, Garnett A, Medeiros D, An W, Crump J. An essential role of variant histone H3.3 for ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crest. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002938 pubmed publisher..3 in the broad potential of the ectoderm-derived CNC, including the ability to make the mesoderm-like ectomesenchymal precursors of the head skeleton...
- Song S, Eckerle S, Onichtchouk D, Marrs J, Nitschke R, Driever W. Pou5f1-dependent EGF expression controls E-cadherin endocytosis, cell adhesion, and zebrafish epiboly movements. Dev Cell. 2013;24:486-501 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that dynamic control of E-cad trafficking is essential to effectively generate new adhesion sites when cells move relative to each other. ..
- Chen C, Lin D, Cheng C, Lin C, Lo Y, Yen C, et al. Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6300-11 pubmed..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..
- Kim J, Wu Q, Zhang Y, Wiens K, Huang Y, Rubin N, et al. PDGF signaling is required for epicardial function and blood vessel formation in regenerating zebrafish hearts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17206-10 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PDGF signaling plays important roles in epicardial function and coronary vessel formation during heart regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Tuttle A, Hoffman T, Schilling T. Rabconnectin-3a regulates vesicle endocytosis and canonical Wnt signaling in zebrafish neural crest migration. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001852 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that different v-ATPases and associated proteins may play cell-type-specific functions in intracellular trafficking in many contexts...
- Freisinger C, Huttenlocher A. Live imaging and gene expression analysis in zebrafish identifies a link between neutrophils and epithelial to mesenchymal transition. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112183 pubmed publisher..We found that the expression of genes associated with EMT, including slug, vimentin and mmp9, are enriched in HRas(V12) transformed epithelial cells and that this enrichment requires the ..
- Missinato M, Tobita K, Romano N, Carroll J, Tsang M. Extracellular component hyaluronic acid and its receptor Hmmr are required for epicardial EMT during heart regeneration. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;107:487-98 pubmed publisher..HA and Hmmr are required for activated epicardial cell EMT and migration involving the FAK/Src pathway for proper heart regeneration. ..