Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: smyd1b
Description: SET and MYND domain containing 1b
Alias: sth, symd1, SET and MYND domain-containing protein 1, fla, flatline, histone methyltransferase SmyD1
- Wang Q, Tan X, Jiao S, You F, Zhang P. Analyzing cold tolerance mechanism in transgenic zebrafish (Danio rerio). PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e102492 pubmed publisher..These results are clues to understanding the mechanisms underlying temperature acclimation in fish. ..
- Etard C, Armant O, Roostalu U, Gourain V, Ferg M, StrÃ¤hle U. Loss of function of myosin chaperones triggers Hsf1-mediated transcriptional response in skeletal muscle cells. Genome Biol. 2015;16:267 pubmed publisherMutations in myosin chaperones Unc45b and Hsp90aa1.1 as well as in the Unc45b-binding protein Smyd1b impair formation of myofibrils in skeletal muscle and lead to the accumulation of misfolded myosin...
- Rudeck S, Etard C, Khan M, Rottbauer W, Rudolf R, Strahle U, et al. A compact unc45b-promoter drives muscle-specific expression in zebrafish and mouse. Genesis. 2016;54:431-8 pubmed publisher..fragment is able to rescue the embryonically lethal heart and skeletal muscle defects in smyd1b-deficient flatline mutant zebrafish...
- Hinits Y, Pan L, Walker C, Dowd J, Moens C, Hughes S. Zebrafish Mef2ca and Mef2cb are essential for both first and second heart field cardiomyocyte differentiation. Dev Biol. 2012;369:199-210 pubmed publisher..hand2 but results in a dramatic loss of expression of sarcomeric genes and myocardial markers such as bmp4, nppa, smyd1b and late nkx2.5 mRNA...
- Gao J, Li J, Li B, Yagil E, Zhang J, Du S. Expression and functional characterization of Smyd1a in myofibril organization of skeletal muscles. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86808 pubmed publisher..Bioinformatic analysis revealed that zebrafish genome contains two highly related smyd1 genes, smyd1a and smyd1b. Although Smyd1b function is well characterized in skeletal and cardiac muscles, the function of Smyd1a is, ..