Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: smad3a
Description: SMAD family member 3a
Alias: madh3, madh3a, smad3, wu:fa99e03, SMAD family member 3a, MAD homolog 3, MAD homolog 3a
- Saili K, Tilton S, Waters K, Tanguay R. Global gene expression analysis reveals pathway differences between teratogenic and non-teratogenic exposure concentrations of bisphenol A and 17?-estradiol in embryonic zebrafish. Reprod Toxicol. 2013;38:89-101 pubmed publisher..1?M BPA and 0.1?M E2 exposure, and suppressed expression of several genes involved in nervous system development and function following 0.1?M BPA exposure. ..
- Miyares R, Stein C, Renisch B, Anderson J, Hammerschmidt M, Farber S. Long-chain Acyl-CoA synthetase 4A regulates Smad activity and dorsoventral patterning in the zebrafish embryo. Dev Cell. 2013;27:635-47 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a critical role for Acsl4a in modulating Bmp-Smad activity and provide a potential avenue for LC-PUFAs to influence a variety of developmental processes. ..
- Flanagan Steet H, Aarnio M, Kwan B, Guihard P, Petrey A, Haskins M, et al. Cathepsin-Mediated Alterations in TGFÃŸ-Related Signaling Underlie Disrupted Cartilage and Bone Maturation Associated With Impaired Lysosomal Targeting. J Bone Miner Res. 2016;31:535-48 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the complexity of the skeletal disease associated with MLII and bring new insight to the role of secreted cathepsin proteases in cartilage development and growth factor regulation. ..
- Sun Y, Tseng W, Fan X, Ball R, Dougan S. Extraembryonic signals under the control of MGA, Max, and Smad4 are required for dorsoventral patterning. Dev Cell. 2014;28:322-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that MGA, Max, and Smad4 act in the extraembryonic YSL to initiate a positive feedback loop of Bmp signaling within the embryo. ..
- Li Y, Li G, Wang H, Du J, Yan J. Analysis of a gene regulatory cascade mediating circadian rhythm in zebrafish. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1002940 pubmed publisher..Our study describes a systematic method to discover previously unidentified TFs involved in circadian physiology in complex organisms. ..