Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slit1a
Description: slit homolog 1a (Drosophila)
Alias: slit homolog 1 protein
- Campbell D, Okamoto H. Local caspase activation interacts with Slit-Robo signaling to restrict axonal arborization. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:657-72 pubmed publisher..Genetic analysis showed that Caspase-3, Caspase-9, and p38 MAPK interacted with Slit1a-Robo2 signaling, suggesting that localized activation of caspases lie downstream of a ligand receptor system, ..
- Isaacman Beck J, Schneider V, Franzini Armstrong C, Granato M. The lh3 Glycosyltransferase Directs Target-Selective Peripheral Nerve Regeneration. Neuron. 2015;88:691-703 pubmed publisher..probing inappropriate trajectories to ensure target-selective regeneration, possibly through the axonal repellant slit1a. Our results demonstrate that selective ECM components match subpopulations of regenerating axons with their ..
- Hutson L, Jurynec M, Yeo S, Okamoto H, Chien C. Two divergent slit1 genes in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:358-69 pubmed..Here, we describe the cloning of full-length cDNAs for two zebrafish slit orthologs, slit1a and slit1b. Both predicted proteins contain the conserved motifs that characterize other vertebrate Slits...
- Devine C, Key B. Robo-Slit interactions regulate longitudinal axon pathfinding in the embryonic vertebrate brain. Dev Biol. 2008;313:371-83 pubmed..Robo2 acted initially to split the TPOC into discrete fascicles upon entering a broad domain of Slit1a expression in the ventrocaudal diencephalon...
- Miyasaka N, Sato Y, Yeo S, Hutson L, Chien C, Okamoto H, et al. Robo2 is required for establishment of a precise glomerular map in the zebrafish olfactory system. Development. 2005;132:1283-93 pubmed..These data provide functional evidence for Robo2/Slit signaling in the establishment of olfactory neural circuitry in zebrafish. ..
- Takeuchi M, Yamaguchi S, Yonemura S, Kakiguchi K, Sato Y, Higashiyama T, et al. Type IV Collagen Controls the Axogenesis of Cerebellar Granule Cells by Regulating Basement Membrane Integrity in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005587 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggest that type IV collagen controls GC axon formation by regulating the integrity of the BM, which provides axons with the correct path to their targets. ..
- Kastenhuber E, Kern U, Bonkowsky J, Chien C, Driever W, Schweitzer J. Netrin-DCC, Robo-Slit, and heparan sulfate proteoglycans coordinate lateral positioning of longitudinal dopaminergic diencephalospinal axons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8914-26 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous integrations of repulsive and attractive long-range cues from the midline act in a concerted manner to define lateral positions of DA longitudinal axon tracts. ..
- Pan Y, Choy M, Prober D, Schier A. Robo2 determines subtype-specific axonal projections of trigeminal sensory neurons. Development. 2012;139:591-600 pubmed publisher..In the absence of Robo2, Isl1SS afferents acquire many of the characteristics of Trpa1b afferents. These results reveal that subtype-specific activity of Robo2 regulates subcircuit morphogenesis in the trigeminal sensory system. ..
- Yeo S, Miyashita T, Fricke C, Little M, Yamada T, Kuwada J, et al. Involvement of Islet-2 in the Slit signaling for axonal branching and defasciculation of the sensory neurons in embryonic zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2004;121:315-24 pubmed
- Schweitzer J, Löhr H, Bonkowsky J, Hübscher K, Driever W. Sim1a and Arnt2 contribute to hypothalamo-spinal axon guidance by regulating Robo2 activity via a Robo3-dependent mechanism. Development. 2013;140:93-106 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Sim1a and Arnt2 contribute to control of lateral positioning of longitudinal hypothalamic-spinal axons by negative regulation of robo3a.1 expression, which in turn attenuates the repulsive activity of Robo2. ..
- Paulus J, Halloran M. Zebrafish bashful/laminin-alpha 1 mutants exhibit multiple axon guidance defects. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:213-24 pubmed..In contrast to CNS axons, most peripheral axons appear normal in bal mutants. Our results, thus, reveal important and diverse functions for laminin-alpha1 in guiding developing axons in vivo. ..
- Samuel A, Rubinstein A, Azar T, Ben Moshe Livne Z, Kim S, Inbal A. Six3 regulates optic nerve development via multiple mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20267 pubmed publisher..Hence, the new zebrafish model for Six3 loss of function furthers our understanding of the mechanisms governing optic nerve development and Six3-mediated eye and forebrain malformations. ..