Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slc8a1a
Description: solute carrier family 8 (sodium/calcium exchanger), member 1a
Alias: ncx1, ncx1h, sodium/calcium exchanger 1, cardiac-specific sodium-calcium exchanger 1, ncx1a, sodium calcium exchanger 1h, tre, tremblor
- Shimizu H, Schredelseker J, Huang J, Lu K, Naghdi S, Lu F, et al. Mitochondrial Ca(2+) uptake by the voltage-dependent anion channel 2 regulates cardiac rhythmicity. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..dissect the regulatory network of cardiac Ca(2+) handling, we performed a chemical suppressor screen on zebrafish tremblor embryos, which suffer from Ca(2+) extrusion defects...
- Hong Z, Zhang Y, Zuo Z, Zhu R, Gao Y. Influences of domoic Acid exposure on cardiac development and the expression of cardiovascular relative genes in zebrafish (Daniorerio) embryos. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2015;29:254-60 pubmed publisher..We found that DA exposure not only disrupted normal cardiac development but also altered the expression of some cardiac development correlated genes and calcium ion channels, such as Anf, Bnp, Atp2a2a, Atp2a2b, Ncx1h, Ryr2b, and Tbx5.
- Chen J, Haffter P, Odenthal J, Vogelsang E, Brand M, van Eeden F, et al. Mutations affecting the cardiovascular system and other internal organs in zebrafish. Development. 1996;123:293-302 pubmed..The mutations presented here could serve as an entry point to the establishment of a genetic hierarchy underlying organogenesis. ..
- Wenzlau J, Garl P, Simpson P, Stenmark K, West J, Artinger K, et al. Embryonic growth-associated protein is one subunit of a novel N-terminal acetyltransferase complex essential for embryonic vascular development. Circ Res. 2006;98:846-55 pubmed..These data suggest the EGAP NAT complex is an essential regulatory enzyme controlling the function of a subset of proteins required for embryonic growth control and vessel development. ..
- Leung T, Humbert J, Stauffer A, Giger K, Chen H, Tsai H, et al. The orphan G protein-coupled receptor 161 is required for left-right patterning. Dev Biol. 2008;323:31-40 pubmed publisher..Ca(2+) levels in cells lining the Kupffer's vesicle and normalization of Ca(2+) levels, by over-expression of ncx1 or pmca-RNA, is able to partially rescue the cardiac looping defect in gpr161 knockdown embryos...
- Völkers M, Dolatabadi N, Gude N, Most P, Sussman M, Hassel D. Orai1 deficiency leads to heart failure and skeletal myopathy in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:287-94 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify ORAI1 as an important regulator of cardiac and skeletal muscle function and provide evidence linking ORAI1-mediated calcium signaling to sarcomere integrity and cardiomyocyte function. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang L, Zuo Z, Chen Y, Wang C. Phenanthrene exposure causes cardiac arrhythmia in embryonic zebrafish via perturbing calcium handling. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;142-143:26-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that exposure to Phe could lead to arrhythmia in zebrafish embryos via perturbing the calcium handling pathway. ..
- Wu M, Wu D, Wang C, Guo Z, Li B, Zuo Z. Hexabromocyclododecane exposure induces cardiac hypertrophy and arrhythmia by inhibiting miR-1 expression via up-regulation of the homeobox gene Nkx2.5. J Hazard Mater. 2016;302:304-313 pubmed publisher..HBCD exposure induced an arrhythmogenic disorder, which was triggered by the imbalance of Ryr2, Serca2a and Ncx1 expression, inducing Ca(2+) overload in the sarcoplasmic reticulum and high Ca(2+)-ATPase activities in the H9C2 ..
- Diamante G, do Amaral E Silva Müller G, Menjivar Cervantes N, Xu E, Volz D, Dias Bainy A, et al. Developmental toxicity of hydroxylated chrysene metabolites in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:77-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings also demonstrate the regio-selective toxicity of hydroxy-PAHs in the effects on eye and circulatory development and raise the need to identify mechanisms and ecological risks of oxy-PAHs to fish populations. ..