Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slc5a5
Description: solute carrier family 5 (sodium/iodide cotransporter), member 5
Alias: si:ch211-200a16.4, sodium/iodide cotransporter, NIS, solute carrier family 5 (sodium iodide symporter), member 5
- Zheng X, Zhu Y, Liu C, Liu H, Giesy J, Hecker M, et al. Accumulation and biotransformation of BDE-47 by zebrafish larvae and teratogenicity and expression of genes along the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:12943-51 pubmed publisher..hormone receptor (TSHR), thyroid hormone receptors (TRs, including TR? and TR?), sodium/iodide symporter (NIS), and transthyretin (TTR) while up-regulating expression of thyroglobulin (TG) and thyrotropin-releasing hormone (..
- Zhai W, Huang Z, Chen L, Feng C, Li B, Li T. Thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae after exposure to mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (MEHP). PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92465 pubmed publisher..1 and Pax8) and thyroid hormone synthesis (TSH?, NIS and TG)...
- Tang T, Yang Y, Chen Y, Tang W, Wang F, Diao X. Thyroid Disruption in Zebrafish Larvae by Short-Term Exposure to Bisphenol AF. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015;12:13069-84 pubmed publisher..However, slc5a5 gene transcription was significantly down-regulated at 50 Î¼g/L and 500 Î¼g/L BPAF exposure...
- Chen Q, Yu L, Yang L, Zhou B. Bioconcentration and metabolism of decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209) result in thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;110-111:141-8 pubmed publisher..Genes involved in thyroid development (Pax8 and Nkx2.1) and synthesis (sodium/iodide symporter, NIS, thyroglobulin, TG) were also transcriptionally up-regulated...
- Zhao X, Wang S, Li D, You H, Ren X. Effects of perchlorate on BDE-47-induced alteration thyroid hormone and gene expression of in the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013;36:1176-85 pubmed publisher..5 mg/L) significantly up-regulated the expression of genes involved in TH synthesis (NIS and Nkx2...
- Huang G, Tian X, Fang X, Ji F. Waterborne exposure to bisphenol F causes thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere. 2016;147:188-94 pubmed publisher..BPF also significantly increased transcription of genes involved in thyroid hormone regulation (crh) and synthesis (nis and tg) as a compensatory mechanism for the decrease of T4 contents...
- Kim S, Jung J, Lee I, Jung D, Youn H, Choi K. Thyroid disruption by triphenyl phosphate, an organophosphate flame retardant, in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos/larvae, and in GH3 and FRTL-5 cell lines. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:188-96 pubmed publisher..In the FRTL-5 cells, the expression of the nis and tpo genes was significantly up-regulated, suggesting that TPP stimulates thyroid hormone synthesis in the ..
- Liu C, Yu H, Zhang X. Zebrafish embryos/larvae for rapid determination of effects on hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) and hypothalamic-pituitary-interrenal (HPI) axis: mRNA expression. Chemosphere. 2013;93:2327-32 pubmed publisher..Exposure to PTU increased mRNA expression of sodium iodide symporter (nis) and thyroglobulin (tg) involved in HPT axis, and MET treatment up-regulated all the mRNA expression tested ..
- Jia P, Ma Y, Lu C, Mirza Z, Zhang W, Jia Y, et al. The Effects of Disturbance on Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Thyroid (HPT) Axis in Zebrafish Larvae after Exposure to DEHP. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0155762 pubmed publisher..1 and pax8) and thyroid synthesis (sodium/iodide symporter, nis, thyroglobulin, tg) were also measured. The transcripts of nkx2...
- Shi X, Liu C, Wu G, Zhou B. Waterborne exposure to PFOS causes disruption of the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere. 2009;77:1010-8 pubmed publisher..e., corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), sodium/iodide symporter (NIS), thyroglobulin (TG), thyroid peroxidase (TPO), transthyretin (TTR), iodothyronine deiodinases (Dio1 and Dio2) and ..
- Usenko C, Hopkins D, Trumble S, Bruce E. Hydroxylated PBDEs induce developmental arrest in zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;262:43-51 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that hydroxylated PBDEs disrupt development, and may induce oxidative stress and potentially disrupt the cholinergic system and thyroid hormone homeostasis. ..
- Cheng H, Yan W, Wu Q, Liu C, Gong X, Hung T, et al. Parental exposure to microcystin-LR induced thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish offspring, a transgenerational toxicity. Environ Pollut. 2017;230:981-988 pubmed publisher..We regard these adverse effects as a parental transgenerational toxicity of MCLR. ..
- Liang X, Li J, Martyniuk C, Wang J, Mao Y, Lu H, et al. Benzotriazole ultraviolet stabilizers alter the expression of the thyroid hormone pathway in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Chemosphere. 2017;182:22-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that BUVSs can potentially impact the thyroid system, and that this is dependent upon the type or structure of BUVSs. ..
- Tu W, Xu C, Jin Y, Lu B, Lin C, Wu Y, et al. Permethrin is a potential thyroid-disrupting chemical: In vivo and in silico envidence. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:39-46 pubmed publisher..Both in vivo and in silico studies clearly disclosed that PM potentially disrupts the thyroid endocrine system in fish. This study provides a rapid and cost-effective approach for identifying THDCs and the underlying mechanisms. ..
- Liang Y, Huang G, Ying G, Liu S, Jiang Y, Liu S. Progesterone and norgestrel alter transcriptional expression of genes along the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish embryos-larvae. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;167:101-7 pubmed publisher..However, a strong induction of Nis mRNA by P4 and NGT was observed in zebrafish embryos-larvae...
- Opitz R, Maquet E, Zoenen M, Dadhich R, Costagliola S. TSH receptor function is required for normal thyroid differentiation in zebrafish. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1579-99 pubmed publisher..A comparison of our results with phenotypes observed in mouse models of defective TSHR and cAMP signaling highlights the value of zebrafish as a model to enhance the understanding of functional differentiation in the vertebrate thyroid. ..
- Marelli F, Carra S, Agostini M, Cotelli F, Peeters R, Chatterjee K, et al. Patterns of thyroid hormone receptor expression in zebrafish and generation of a novel model of resistance to thyroid hormone action. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;424:102-17 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our morphants recapitulate the RTHÎ± and RTHÎ² key manifestations representing new models in which the functional consequences of human TR mutations can be rapidly and faithfully evaluated. ..
- Fetter E, Baldauf L, Da Fonte D, Ortmann J, Scholz S. Comparative analysis of goitrogenic effects of phenylthiourea and methimazole in zebrafish embryos. Reprod Toxicol. 2015;57:10-20 pubmed publisher..We propose the tg(tg:mCherry) bioassay as a sensitive tool in medium scale screening of goitrogens, given the minimal effort for sample preparation and analysis of gene expression. ..
- Porazzi P, Marelli F, Benato F, de Filippis T, Calebiro D, Argenton F, et al. Disruptions of global and JAGGED1-mediated notch signaling affect thyroid morphogenesis in the zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2012;153:5645-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, genetic alterations affecting the Notch pathway may confer susceptibility for thyroid dysgenesis. ..
- Zhang D, Zhou E, Yang Z. Waterborne exposure to BPS causes thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176927 pubmed publisher..The transcription of genes involved in thyroid development (pax8) and synthesis (sodium/iodide symporter, slc5a5) were also significantly increased in the 30 ?g/L of BPS treatment group...
- Wendl T, Adzic D, Schoenebeck J, Scholpp S, Brand M, Yelon D, et al. Early developmental specification of the thyroid gland depends on han-expressing surrounding tissue and on FGF signals. Development. 2007;134:2871-9 pubmed..FGF-soaked beads can restore thyroid development in han mutants, showing that FGFs act downstream of or in parallel to han. These data suggest that loss of FGF-expressing tissue in han mutants is responsible for the thyroid defects. ..
- Jianjie C, Wenjuan X, Jinling C, Jie S, Ruhui J, Meiyan L. Fluoride caused thyroid endocrine disruption in male zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2016;171:48-58 pubmed publisher..hormone (CRH), thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), thyroglobulin (TG), sodium iodide symporter (NIS), iodothyronine I (DIO1), and thyroid hormone receptor alpha (TRÎ±) were also elevated in all fluoride-exposed ..
- Pappalardo A, Porreca I, Caputi L, De Felice E, Schulte Merker S, Zannini M, et al. Thyroid development in zebrafish lacking Taz. Mech Dev. 2015;138 Pt 3:268-78 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the zebrafish Taz protein is needed for the normal differentiation of the thyroid and are the first to suggest that Taz confers growth advantage to the endocrine gland. ..
- Yan W, Zhou Y, Yang J, Li S, Hu D, Wang J, et al. Waterborne exposure to microcystin-LR alters thyroid hormone levels and gene transcription in the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis in zebrafish larvae. Chemosphere. 2012;87:1301-7 pubmed publisher..e., corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), sodium/iodide symporter (NIS), thyroglobulin (TG), thyroid receptors (TR? and TR?) and iodothyronine deiodinases (Dio1 and Dio2) was examined ..
- Du J, Wang S, You H, Liu Z. Effects of ZnO nanoparticles on perfluorooctane sulfonate induced thyroid-disrupting on zebrafish larvae. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;47:153-164 pubmed publisher..Our results also provide insight into the mechanism of disruption of the thyroid status by PFOS and nano-ZnO. ..