Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slc4a1a
Description: solute carrier family 4 (anion exchanger), member 1a (Diego blood group)
Alias: ae1, band3, si:dz180g5.1, slc4a1, zgc:111889, zgc:152771, band 3 anion transport protein, AE1/band 3, erythroid anion exchanger 1, ret, retsina, solute carrier family 4, anion exchanger, member 1, solute carrier family 4, anion exchanger, member 1a, zAE1a
- Belele C, English M, Chahal J, Burnetti A, Finckbeiner S, Gibney G, et al. Differential requirement for Gata1 DNA binding and transactivation between primitive and definitive stages of hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Blood. 2009;114:5162-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the impact of Gata1 on hematopoiesis correlates with its DNA-binding ability and that primitive hematopoiesis is more sensitive to reduction in Gata1 function than definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Kawahara A, Endo S, Dawid I. Vap (Vascular Associated Protein): a novel factor involved in erythropoiesis and angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:367-74 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vap plays an important role in the maturation of endothelial and erythroid cells in zebrafish. ..
- Nunomura W, Takakuwa Y, Cherr G, Murata K. Characterization of protein 4.1R in erythrocytes of zebrafish (Danio rerio): unique binding properties with transmembrane proteins and calmodulin. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;148:124-38 pubmed..Resonant mirror detection binding assays revealed that ZFR30 bound to human Band3 with low K((D)) ( approximately 10nM), and to GPC with higher K((D)) ( approximately 1nM)...
- Shmukler B, Reimold F, Heneghan J, Chen C, Zhao T, Paw B, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of zebrafish Slc4a3/Ae3 anion exchanger. Pflugers Arch. 2014;466:1605-18 pubmed publisherThe zebrafish genome encodes two slc4a1 genes, one expressed in erythroid tissues and the other in the HR (H(+)-ATPase-rich) type of embryonic skin ionocytes, and two slc4a2 genes, one in proximal pronephric duct and the other in several ..
- Hailey D, Roberts B, Owens K, Stewart A, Linbo T, Pujol R, et al. Loss of Slc4a1b chloride/bicarbonate exchanger function protects mechanosensory hair cells from aminoglycoside damage in the zebrafish mutant persephone. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002971 pubmed publisher..We propose that tight regulation of the ionic environment of sensory hair cells, mediated by zSlc4a1b activity, is critical for their sensitivity to aminoglycoside antibiotics. ..
- Kitaguchi T, Kawakami K, Kawahara A. Transcriptional regulation of a myeloid-lineage specific gene lysozyme C during zebrafish myelopoiesis. Mech Dev. 2009;126:314-23 pubmed publisher..1 together induced ectopic lyz expression in the intermediated cell mass (ICM). Thus, we propose that c/ebp1 and runx1 presumably cooperated with pu.1 in the transcriptional regulation of lyz during zebrafish myelopoiesis. ..
- Guizouarn H, Christen R, Borgese F. Phylogeny of anion exchangers: could trout AE1 conductive properties be shared by other members of the gene family?. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1726:244-50 pubmed..Indeed, the different known AE1 from mammals or fish do not exhibit the same transport features: all studied anion exchangers 1 (AE1) catalyse an ..
- Grabher C, Payne E, Johnston A, Bolli N, Lechman E, Dick J, et al. Zebrafish microRNA-126 determines hematopoietic cell fate through c-Myb. Leukemia. 2011;25:506-14 pubmed publisher..These results support the notion that miRNAs not only function to provide precision to developmental programs but also are essential determinants in the control of variable potential functions of a single gene during hematopoiesis. ..
- Amigo J, Ackermann G, Cope J, Yu M, Cooney J, Ma D, et al. The role and regulation of friend of GATA-1 (FOG-1) during blood development in the zebrafish. Blood. 2009;114:4654-63 pubmed publisher..One of these enhancers contains functional GATA-binding sites, indicating the potential for a regulatory loop in which GATA factors control the expression of their partner protein FOG-1. ..
- Patil P, Uechi T, Kenmochi N. Incomplete splicing of neutrophil-specific genes affects neutrophil development in a zebrafish model of poikiloderma with neutropenia. RNA Biol. 2015;12:426-34 pubmed publisher..This zebrafish model could serve as a valuable tool to investigate the causative role of USB1 in PN pathogenesis. ..
- Nefedochkina A, Petrova N, Ioudinkova E, Kovina A, Iarovaia O, Razin S. Characterization of the enhancer element of the Danio rerio minor globin gene locus. Histochem Cell Biol. 2016;145:463-73 pubmed publisher..Both enhancers appear to have emerged as a result of independent evolution of a duplicated regulatory element present in an ancestral single alpha-/beta-globin locus that existed before teleost-specific genome duplication. ..
- Shi G, Cui Q, Pan Y, Sheng N, Guo Y, Dai J. 6:2 fluorotelomer carboxylic acid (6:2 FTCA) exposure induces developmental toxicity and inhibits the formation of erythrocytes during zebrafish embryogenesis. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;190:53-61 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that 6:2 FTCA can cause developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos, and that FTCAs exhibit greater toxicity than that of PFCAs. ..
- Faucherre A, Kissa K, Nargeot J, Mangoni M, Jopling C. Piezo1 plays a role in erythrocyte volume homeostasis. Haematologica. 2014;99:70-5 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that piezo1 is involved in erythrocyte volume homeostasis, disruption of which results in swelling/lysis of red blood cells and consequent anemia. ..
- Zhou X, Zhang T, Ren L, Wu J, Wang W, Liu J. Copper elevated embryonic hemoglobin through reactive oxygen species during zebrafish erythrogenesis. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:1-11 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we revealed that copper homeostasis was broken by its induced ROS and ROS helped with copper overloading in the body, which could be applied as a novel therapy target for copper-caused diseases. ..
- Schwarz K, Iolascon A, Verissimo F, Trede N, Horsley W, Chen W, et al. Mutations affecting the secretory COPII coat component SEC23B cause congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type II. Nat Genet. 2009;41:936-40 pubmed publisher..Our results provide in vivo evidence for SEC23B selectivity in erythroid differentiation and show that SEC23A and SEC23B, although highly related paralogous secretory COPII components, are nonredundant in erythrocyte maturation. ..
- Shah D, Takahashi Makise N, Cooney J, Li L, Schultz I, Pierce E, et al. Mitochondrial Atpif1 regulates haem synthesis in developing erythroblasts. Nature. 2012;491:608-12 pubmed publisher..An ATPIF1 deficiency may contribute to important human diseases, such as congenital sideroblastic anaemias and mitochondriopathies. ..
- Cui B, Ren L, Xu Q, Yin L, Zhou X, Liu J. Silver_ nanoparticles inhibited erythrogenesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:295-305 pubmed publisher..Finally, it was pointed out that AgNPs affected erythrogenesis mostly by their particles other than their releasing ions. ..
- Pimtong W, Datta M, Ulrich A, Rhodes J. Drl.3 governs primitive hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2014;4:5791 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of drl.3 increased the proportion of less differentiated, primitive hematopoietic cells without affecting proliferation, establishing drl.3 as an important regulator of primitive hematopoietic cell differentiation. ..
- Qian F, Zhen F, Ong C, Jin S, Meng Soo H, Stainier D, et al. Microarray analysis of zebrafish cloche mutant using amplified cDNA and identification of potential downstream target genes. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1163-72 pubmed..Our study provides valuable information for studying hematopoiesis and vessel formation. The method described here offers a powerful tool for gene expression profiling of zebrafish mutants in general. ..
- Dresner E, Malishkevich A, Arviv C, Leibman Barak S, Alon S, Ofir R, et al. Novel evolutionary-conserved role for the activity-dependent neuroprotective protein (ADNP) family that is important for erythropoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40173-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal an ancestral role for the ADNP protein family in maturation and differentiation of the erythroid lineage, associated with direct regulation of ?-globin expression. ..
- Bolli N, Payne E, Rhodes J, Gjini E, Johnston A, Guo F, et al. cpsf1 is required for definitive HSC survival in zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:3996-4007 pubmed publisher..These studies show that cpsf1 is essential for HSC survival and differentiation in caudal hematopoietic tissue. ..
- Ganis J, Hsia N, Trompouki E, de Jong J, DiBiase A, Lambert J, et al. Zebrafish globin switching occurs in two developmental stages and is controlled by the LCR. Dev Biol. 2012;366:185-94 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide a comprehensive characterization of the zebrafish globin loci and clarify the regulation of globin switching. ..
- Paw B. Cloning of the zebrafish retsina blood mutation: a genetic model for dyserythropoiesis and erythroid cytokinesis. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2001;27:62-4 pubmed