Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slc40a1
Description: solute carrier family 40 (iron-regulated transporter), member 1
Alias: FPN1, slc39a1, weh, solute carrier family 40 member 1, ferroportin-1, ferroportin1, iron-regulated transporter, solute carrier family 39 (iron-regulated transporter), member 1, weissherbst
- Cooper C, Handy R, Bury N. The effects of dietary iron concentration on gastrointestinal and branchial assimilation of both iron and cadmium in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2006;79:167-75 pubmed..content and transcript levels of the iron importer, Divalent Metal Transporter 1 (DMT1) and an iron exporter, ferroportin1, in both the gastrointestinal tract and gill were also measured...
- Rafiee A, Fatemi S, Jamili S, Ajdari S, Riazi Rad F, Memarnejadian A, et al. Cloning, Expression and Characterization of Zebra Fish Ferroportin in Hek 293T Cell Line. Iran J Public Health. 2012;41:79-86 pubmed..Therefore this construct can be used in future iron studies. ..
- Hamilton J, Hatef A, Imran ul haq M, Nair N, Unniappan S, Kizhakkedathu J. Clinically approved iron chelators influence zebrafish mortality, hatching morphology and cardiac function. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109880 pubmed publisher..5 mM. This study provides first evidence on iron chelator toxicity in early development and will help to guide our approach on better understanding the mechanism of iron chelator toxicity. ..
- Li X, Rhee D, Malhotra R, Mayeur C, Hurst L, Ager E, et al. Progesterone receptor membrane component-1 regulates hepcidin biosynthesis. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:389-401 pubmed publisher..These studies have identified drug candidates and potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of diseases of abnormal iron metabolism. ..
- Jiang Y, Yan Y, Wang X, Zhu G, Xu Y. Hepcidin inhibition on the effect of osteogenesis in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:1-6 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, we revealed that hepcidin was capable of removing whole-body iron which facilitated larval recovery from the reductions in bone formation and osteogenesis induced by iron overload. ..
- Holowiecki A, O Shields B, Jenny M. Characterization of heme oxygenase and biliverdin reductase gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio): Basal expression and response to pro-oxidant exposures. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;311:74-87 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate distinct mechanisms of hmox and bvr transcriptional regulation in zebrafish, providing initial evidence of the partitioning of function of the hmox paralogs. ..