Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: slc17a7a
Description: solute carrier family 17 (vesicular glutamate transporter), member 7a
Alias: slc17a7, vglut1, vesicular glutamate transporter 1, solute carrier family 17 (sodium-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter), member 7, solute carrier family 17 (vesicular glutamate transporter), member 7
- Villar Cerviño V, Rocancourt C, Menuet A, Da Silva C, Wincker P, Anadón R, et al. A vesicular glutamate transporter in lampreys: cDNA cloning and early expression in the nervous system. J Chem Neuroanat. 2010;40:71-81 pubmed publisher..Comparison of the early expression of VGluT genes between the lamprey and some anamniotan gnathostomes (frog, zebrafish) reveals a conserved expression pattern, likely to reflect ancestral vertebrate characteristics...
- Aoki T, Kinoshita M, Aoki R, Agetsuma M, Aizawa H, Yamazaki M, et al. Imaging of neural ensemble for the retrieval of a learned behavioral program. Neuron. 2013;78:881-94 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the findings indicate that consolidated memory traces can be rapidly modified during reinforcement learning. ..
- Sundvik M, Kudo H, Toivonen P, Rozov S, Chen Y, Panula P. The histaminergic system regulates wakefulness and orexin/hypocretin neuron development via histamine receptor H1 in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2011;25:4338-47 pubmed publisher..development via histamine receptor H1 in zebrafish...
- Appelbaum L, Wang G, Maro G, Mori R, Tovin A, Marin W, et al. Sleep-wake regulation and hypocretin-melatonin interaction in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:21942-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the existence of a functional HCRT neurons-pineal gland circuit able to modulate melatonin production and sleep consolidation. ..
- Yokogawa T, Marin W, Faraco J, Pezeron G, Appelbaum L, Zhang J, et al. Characterization of sleep in zebrafish and insomnia in hypocretin receptor mutants. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e277 pubmed..Our study validates the use of zebrafish for the study of sleep and indicates molecular diversity in sleep regulatory networks across vertebrates. ..
- Bae Y, Kani S, Shimizu T, Tanabe K, Nojima H, Kimura Y, et al. Anatomy of zebrafish cerebellum and screen for mutations affecting its development. Dev Biol. 2009;330:406-26 pubmed publisher..The glutamatergic neurons are vglut1(+) granule cells and vglut2(high) cells, which receive Purkinje cell inputs; some vglut2(high) cells are ..
- Vaithianathan T, Henry D, Akmentin W, Matthews G. Nanoscale dynamics of synaptic vesicle trafficking and fusion at the presynaptic active zone. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The combination of these functions allows the ribbon-type CAZ to achieve the continuous transmitter release required by synapses of neurons that carry tonic, graded visual signals in the retina. ..
- Chen S, Reichert S, Singh C, Oikonomou G, Rihel J, Prober D. Light-Dependent Regulation of Sleep and Wake States by Prokineticin 2 in Zebrafish. Neuron. 2017;95:153-168.e6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Prok2 antagonizes the direct wake-promoting effect of light in zebrafish, in part through the induction of galn expression in the hypothalamus. ..
- Smear M, Tao H, Staub W, Orger M, Gosse N, Liu Y, et al. Vesicular glutamate transport at a central synapse limits the acuity of visual perception in zebrafish. Neuron. 2007;53:65-77 pubmed..Our studies successfully link the disruption of a synaptic protein to complex changes in neural circuitry and behavior. ..