Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: six4b
Description: SIX homeobox 4b
Alias: six4.1, six4a, six8, wu:fj32d01, SIX homeobox 4b, etID17314.20, sine oculis homeobox homolog 4.1, sine oculis homeobox homolog 4a, sine oculis homeobox homolog 4b, sine oculis homeobox homolog 8
- Van Hellemont R, Blomme T, Van de Peer Y, Marchal K. Divergence of regulatory sequences in duplicated fish genes. Genome Dyn. 2007;3:81-100 pubmed publisher..In this study we used in silico motif detection to show how alterations in the composition of regulatory motifs between paralogous genes in zebrafish and Tetraodon might reflect the functional divergence of duplicates. ..
- Bebenek I, Gates R, Morris J, Hartenstein V, Jacobs D. sine oculis in basal Metazoa. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:342-51 pubmed
- Seo H, Drivenes O, Fjose A. A zebrafish Six4 homologue with early expression in head mesoderm. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1442:427-31 pubmed..We have identified a zebrafish (Danio rerio) gene, six8, which shows the greatest similarity to murine Six4...
- Dutta S, Dawid I. Kctd15 inhibits neural crest formation by attenuating Wnt/beta-catenin signaling output. Development. 2010;137:3013-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that Kctd15 inhibits NC formation by attenuating the output of the canonical Wnt pathway, thereby restricting expansion of the NC domain beyond its normal range...
- Bhat N, Kwon H, Riley B. A gene network that coordinates preplacodal competence and neural crest specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;373:107-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a gene regulatory network that coordinates development of NC, PPE and individual placodes in zebrafish. ..
- Langenberg T, Kahana A, Wszalek J, Halloran M. The eye organizes neural crest cell migration. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1645-52 pubmed publisher..We show that, in chokh mutants, dorsal anterior NCC migration is severely disorganized. Time-lapse analysis shows that NCCs have significantly reduced migration rates and directionality in chokh mutants. ..
- Harden M, Pereiro L, Ramialison M, Wittbrodt J, Prasad M, McCallion A, et al. Close association of olfactory placode precursors and cranial neural crest cells does not predestine cell mixing. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1143-54 pubmed publisher..We generated a six4b:mCherry line (OP precursors) that, with a sox10:EGFP line (CNCCs), was used to follow cell migration...