Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: six3a
Description: SIX homeobox 3a
Alias: six3, six3.1, wu:fc10a08, homeobox protein SIX3, etID309945.13, etID46760.13, sine oculis homeobox homolog 3a
- Samuel A, Rubinstein A, Azar T, Ben Moshe Livne Z, Kim S, Inbal A. Six3 regulates optic nerve development via multiple mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20267 pubmed publisher..Here we show that in zebrafish, reduced function of transcription factor Six3 results in optic nerve hypoplasia and a wide repertoire of RGC axon pathfinding errors...
- Bakkers J, Camacho Carvajal M, Nowak M, Kramer C, Danger B, Hammerschmidt M. Destabilization of DeltaNp63alpha by Nedd4-mediated ubiquitination and Ubc9-mediated sumoylation, and its implications on dorsoventral patterning of the zebrafish embryo. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:790-800 pubmed..In sum, our data indicate that DeltaNp63alpha is ubiquitinated in a Nedd4- and sumoylated in a Ubc9-dependent fashion, and that these modifications can regulate DeltaNp63alpha stability in the zebrafish ectoderm. ..
- Inbal A, Kim S, Shin J, Solnica Krezel L. Six3 represses nodal activity to establish early brain asymmetry in zebrafish. Neuron. 2007;55:407-15 pubmed..Here, we show that Six3, a transcription factor essential for forebrain formation and associated with holoprosencephaly in humans, ..
- Langenberg T, Kahana A, Wszalek J, Halloran M. The eye organizes neural crest cell migration. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1645-52 pubmed publisher..We show that, in chokh mutants, dorsal anterior NCC migration is severely disorganized. Time-lapse analysis shows that NCCs have significantly reduced migration rates and directionality in chokh mutants. ..
- Pikulkaew S, Benato F, Celeghin A, Zucal C, Skobo T, Colombo L, et al. The knockdown of maternal glucocorticoid receptor mRNA alters embryo development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:874-89 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the maternal gr transcript and protein participate in the maternal programming of zebrafish development. ..
- Zhu W, Yao X, Liang Y, Liang D, Song L, Jing N, et al. Mediator Med23 deficiency enhances neural differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells through modulating BMP signaling. Development. 2015;142:465-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study reveals an intrinsic, restrictive role of MED23 in early neural development, thus providing new molecular insights for neural fate determination. ..
- McMahon C, Semina E, Link B. Using zebrafish to study the complex genetics of glaucoma. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2004;138:343-50 pubmed..With zebrafish, forward and reverse genetic approaches can be combined in order to identify critical genetic interactions required for normal and pathological events in the development and maintenance of the eye. ..
- Carlin D, Sepich D, Grover V, Cooper M, Solnica Krezel L, Inbal A. Six3 cooperates with Hedgehog signaling to specify ventral telencephalon by promoting early expression of Foxg1a and repressing Wnt signaling. Development. 2012;139:2614-24 pubmed publisherb>Six3 exerts multiple functions in the development of anterior neural tissue of vertebrate embryos...
- Londin E, Mentzer L, Sirotkin H. Churchill regulates cell movement and mesoderm specification by repressing Nodal signaling. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:120 pubmed..These findings reveal a dynamic role for chch in regulating cell movement and fate during early development. ..
- Yamashita S, Miyagi C, Fukada T, Kagara N, Che Y, Hirano T. Zinc transporter LIVI controls epithelial-mesenchymal transition in zebrafish gastrula organizer. Nature. 2004;429:298-302 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that LIV1 is essential for the nuclear localization of zinc-finger protein Snail, a master regulator of EMT. These results establish a molecular link between STAT3, LIV1 and Snail in EMT. ..
- Eivers E, McCarthy K, Glynn C, Nolan C, Byrnes L. Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) signalling is required for early dorso-anterior development of the zebrafish embryo. Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:1131-40 pubmed..Our data is consistent with a common pathway for integration of IGF, FGF8 and anti-BMPs in early vertebrate development. ..
- Suh C, Ellingsen S, Austbø L, Zhao X, Seo H, Fjose A. Autoregulatory binding sites in the zebrafish six3a promoter region define a new recognition sequence for Six3 proteins. FEBS J. 2010;277:1761-75 pubmed publisher..Our study of the zebrafish orthologue six3a, which has an identical HD, shows that it binds in vitro to multiple TAAT-containing sites within its promoter ..
- Becker T, Ostendorff H, Bossenz M, Schlüter A, Becker C, Peirano R, et al. Multiple functions of LIM domain-binding CLIM/NLI/Ldb cofactors during zebrafish development. Mech Dev. 2002;117:75-85 pubmed..Our results demonstrate multiple roles of the CLIM cofactor family for the development of entire organs, axonal outgrowth of specific neurons and protein expression levels. ..
- Lauter G, Söll I, Hauptmann G. Molecular characterization of prosomeric and intraprosomeric subdivisions of the embryonic zebrafish diencephalon. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:1093-118 pubmed publisher..Our comparative gene expression analysis conformed with the idea of a common bauplan for the diencephalon of anamniote and amniote vertebrates from fish to mammals. ..
- Lecaudey V, Anselme I, Rosa F, Schneider Maunoury S. The zebrafish Iroquois gene iro7 positions the r4/r5 boundary and controls neurogenesis in the rostral hindbrain. Development. 2004;131:3121-31 pubmed..We propose that iro7 has a dual function in the hindbrain of the zebrafish embryo: it is required for the proper positioning of the prospective r4/r5 boundary and it promotes neurogenesis in the anterior hindbrain. ..
- Bräutigam L, Hillmer J, Söll I, Hauptmann G. Localized expression of urocortin genes in the developing zebrafish brain. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:2978-95 pubmed publisher..The prominent expression of uts1 and ucn3 in brainstem is consistent with proposed roles of CRH-related peptides in stress-induced modulation of locomotor activity through monoaminergic brainstem neuromodulatory systems. ..
- Iglesias A, Springelkamp H, van der Linde H, Severijnen L, Amin N, Oostra B, et al. Exome sequencing and functional analyses suggest that SIX6 is a gene involved in an altered proliferation-differentiation balance early in life and optic nerve degeneration at old age. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:1320-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings in humans and zebrafish suggest a functional involvement of six6b in early eye development, and open new insights into the genetic architecture of POAG. ..
- Huang X, Hui M, Liu Y, Yuen D, Zhang Y, Chan W, et al. Discovery of a novel prolactin in non-mammalian vertebrates: evolutionary perspectives and its involvement in teleost retina development. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6163 pubmed publisher..Its unique expression and functions in the zebrafish eye also provide a new avenue of research on the neuroendocrine control of retina development in vertebrates. ..
- Rhinn M, Lun K, Ahrendt R, Geffarth M, Brand M. Zebrafish gbx1 refines the midbrain-hindbrain boundary border and mediates the Wnt8 posteriorization signal. Neural Dev. 2009;4:12 pubmed publisher..In addition to its role in MHB formation, we have shown that gbx1 is a novel mediator of Wnt8 signaling during hindbrain patterning. ..
- Chao C, Wang H, Yuh C. Complexity of cis-regulatory organization of six3a during forebrain and eye development in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:35 pubmed publisherb>Six3a belongs to the SIX family of homeodomain proteins and is expressed in the most anterior neural plate at the beginning of neurogenesis in various species...
- Staudt N, Houart C. The prethalamus is established during gastrulation and influences diencephalic regionalization. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e69 pubmed..This cell-non-autonomous property led us to propose that these committed prethalamic precursors may play an instructive role in the regionalization of the developing diencephalon. ..
- Formstone C, Mason I. Combinatorial activity of Flamingo proteins directs convergence and extension within the early zebrafish embryo via the planar cell polarity pathway. Dev Biol. 2005;282:320-35 pubmed..However, while we show that control over axial extension is autonomous, we find that Fmi1a is not required within lateral cells undergoing dorsal convergence. ..
- Gulati Leekha A, Goldman D. A reporter-assisted mutagenesis screen using alpha 1-tubulin-GFP transgenic zebrafish uncovers missteps during neuronal development and axonogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;296:29-47 pubmed..Molecular identification of these loci and analysis of the remaining mutational repertoire will offer unique insights into the genetic inputs that go on to make a mature, differentiated neuron. ..
- Chai C, Chan W. Developmental expression of a novel Ftz-F1 homologue, ff1b (NR5A4), in the zebrafish Danio rerio. Mech Dev. 2000;91:421-6 pubmed..p.f.). Later, at 30 h.p.f., transcripts could be detected in the anterior regions of the pancreatic anlagen. Expression in both locations peaks at 36 h.p.f. and disappears at around 48 h.p.f. ..
- Cavodeassi F, Carreira Barbosa F, Young R, Concha M, Allende M, Houart C, et al. Early stages of zebrafish eye formation require the coordinated activity of Wnt11, Fz5, and the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. Neuron. 2005;47:43-56 pubmed
- Feijóo C, Sarrazin A, Allende M, Glavic A. Cystein-serine-rich nuclear protein 1, Axud1/Csrnp1, is essential for cephalic neural progenitor proliferation and survival in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2034-43 pubmed publisher..However, Axud1 is necessary for six3.1 expression and is positively regulated by sonic hedgehog...
- Eroglu B, Wang G, Tu N, Sun X, Mivechi N. Critical role of Brg1 member of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex during neurogenesis and neural crest induction in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2722-35 pubmed..indicate that reduction in Brg1 expression leads to the expansion of the forebrain-specific transcription factor, six3, and marked reduction in expression of the mid/hind-brain boundary and hind-brain genes, engrailed2 and krox20, ..
- Ryu S, Mahler J, Acampora D, Holzschuh J, Erhardt S, Omodei D, et al. Orthopedia homeodomain protein is essential for diencephalic dopaminergic neuron development. Curr Biol. 2007;17:873-80 pubmed..Thus, Otp is one of the few known transcription factors that can determine aspects of the dopaminergic phenotype and the first known factor to control the development of the diencephalospinal dopaminergic system. ..
- Lecaudey V, Anselme I, Dildrop R, Ruther U, Schneider Maunoury S. Expression of the zebrafish Iroquois genes during early nervous system formation and patterning. J Comp Neurol. 2005;492:289-302 pubmed..Overall, these expression data suggest functions for the Iroquois family of transcription factors in neural and placodal patterning, neurogenesis, and neuronal specification. ..
- Sotolongo Lopez M, Alvarez Delfin K, Saade C, Vera D, Fadool J. Genetic Dissection of Dual Roles for the Transcription Factor six7 in Photoreceptor Development and Patterning in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005968 pubmed publisher..using TALENs and knockdown strategies confirm ljrp23ahub as a hypomorphic allele of six7, a teleost orthologue of six3, with known roles in forebrain patterning and expression of opsins...
- Zhao X, Fjose A, Larsen N, Helvik J, Drivenes Ø. Treatment with small interfering RNA affects the microRNA pathway and causes unspecific defects in zebrafish embryos. FEBS J. 2008;275:2177-84 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that the miRNA pathway in mammals, under some experimental or therapeutic conditions, may be affected by siRNA. ..
- Tallafuss A, Adolf B, Bally Cuif L. Selective control of neuronal cluster size at the forebrain/midbrain boundary by signaling from the prechordal plate. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:524-35 pubmed..We first identify expression of the transcription factor Six3 as a common and distinct molecular signature of nMLF and nPC neurons in zebrafish, and we use this marker to ..