Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: six1b
Description: SIX homeobox 1b
Alias: six1, zgc:77345, homeobox protein six1b, homeobox protein six1a, homeodomain transcription factor six1, sine oculis homeobox homolog 1, sine oculis homeobox homolog 1a, sine oculis homeobox homolog 1b, six1a
- Bricaud O, Collazo A. The transcription factor six1 inhibits neuronal and promotes hair cell fate in the developing zebrafish (Danio rerio) inner ear. J Neurosci. 2006;26:10438-51 pubmed..We cloned zebrafish six1 and studied its function in inner ear development...
- Nord H, Nygård Skalman L, Von Hofsten J. Six1 regulates proliferation of Pax7-positive muscle progenitors in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1868-80 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that two genes, belonging to the sine oculus class 1 (six1) genes (six1a and six1b), are both essential for the regulation of Pax7(+) cell proliferation and, consequently, in their ..
- O Brien J, Hernandez Lagunas L, Artinger K, Ford H. MicroRNA-30a regulates zebrafish myogenesis through targeting the transcription factor Six1. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:2291-301 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish somites, we show that miR30a and six1a and six1b (hereafter six1a/b) are expressed in an inverse temporal pattern...
- Graf M, Teo Qi Wen E, Sarusie M, Rajaei F, Winkler C. Dmrt5 controls corticotrope and gonadotrope differentiation in the zebrafish pituitary. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:187-99 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, its effect on gonadotrope numbers defines a first nongonadal role for a dmrt family member that appears crucial for the activity of the reproductive system. ..
- Nica G, Herzog W, Sonntag C, Nowak M, Schwarz H, Zapata A, et al. Eya1 is required for lineage-specific differentiation, but not for cell survival in the zebrafish adenohypophysis. Dev Biol. 2006;292:189-204 pubmedThe homeodomain transcription factor Six1 and its modulator, the protein phosphatase Eya1, cooperate to promote cell differentiation and survival during mouse organ development...