Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sema3d
Description: sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), short basic domain, secreted, (semaphorin) 3D
Alias: sema2, semaZ2, semaphorin-3D, sema Z2, semaphorin 3d, semaphorin-2, semaphorin-Z2
- Sun X, Zhang R, Lin X, Xu X. Wnt3a regulates the development of cardiac neural crest cells by modulating expression of cysteine-rich intestinal protein 2 in rhombomere 6. Circ Res. 2008;102:831-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that this function of wnt3a in r6 is partially mediated by crip2 expression in the premigratory cardiac NCCs, which subsequently affects cardiac function and PA patterning. ..
- Taku A, Marcaccio C, Ye W, Krause G, Raper J. Attractant and repellent cues cooperate in guiding a subset of olfactory sensory axons to a well-defined protoglomerular target. Development. 2016;143:123-32 pubmed publisher..In search of additional cues that guide these axons to the CZ, we found that Semaphorin 3D (Sema3D) is expressed in the anterior bulb and acts as a repellent that pushes them towards the CZ...
- Peukert D, Weber S, Lumsden A, Scholpp S. Lhx2 and Lhx9 determine neuronal differentiation and compartition in the caudal forebrain by regulating Wnt signaling. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001218 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that after initial neural tube patterning, neurogenesis within a brain compartment influences the integrity of the neuronal progenitor pool and border formation of a neuromeric compartment. ..
- Govindan J, Iovine M. Hapln1a is required for connexin43-dependent growth and patterning in the regenerating fin skeleton. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88574 pubmed publisher..Attempts to place hapln1a in our previously defined cx43-sema3d pathway suggest that hapln1a functions in a parallel genetic pathway...
- Paulus J, Halloran M. Zebrafish bashful/laminin-alpha 1 mutants exhibit multiple axon guidance defects. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:213-24 pubmed..In contrast to CNS axons, most peripheral axons appear normal in bal mutants. Our results, thus, reveal important and diverse functions for laminin-alpha1 in guiding developing axons in vivo. ..
- Wolman M, Regnery A, Becker T, Becker C, Halloran M. Semaphorin3D regulates axon axon interactions by modulating levels of L1 cell adhesion molecule. J Neurosci. 2007;27:9653-63 pubmed..Here we describe crosstalk between molecules that mediate these mechanisms. We show that Semaphorin3D (Sema3D), a classic repulsive molecule, promotes fasciculation by regulating L1 CAM levels and axon-axon interactions ..
- Sato M, Tsai H, Yost H. Semaphorin3D regulates invasion of cardiac neural crest cells into the primary heart field. Dev Biol. 2006;298:12-21 pubmed..b>Sema3D morphants have subsequent complex congenital heart defects, including hypertrophic cardiomyocytes, decreased ..
- Tanaka H, Nojima Y, Shoji W, Sato M, Nakayama R, Ohshima T, et al. Islet1 selectively promotes peripheral axon outgrowth in Rohon-Beard primary sensory neurons. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:9-22 pubmed publisher..AMO)-mediated knockdown of dpysl3 inhibited the outgrowth of the peripheral axons of RB neurons, and semaphorin 3d (sema3d) AMO enhanced this effect...
- Hamm M, Kirchmaier B, Herzog W. Sema3d controls collective endothelial cell migration by distinct mechanisms via Nrp1 and PlxnD1. J Cell Biol. 2016;215:415-430 pubmed..Recently, SEMA3D gene disruptions were associated with cardiovascular defects in patients; however, the mechanisms of action were ..
- Liu Y, Berndt J, Su F, Tawarayama H, Shoji W, Kuwada J, et al. Semaphorin3D guides retinal axons along the dorsoventral axis of the tectum. J Neurosci. 2004;24:310-8 pubmedWe examined the role of Sema3D, a semaphorin of previously unknown function, in guiding retinal ganglion cell (RGC) axons to the optic tectum in the developing zebrafish...
- Berndt J, Halloran M. Semaphorin 3d promotes cell proliferation and neural crest cell development downstream of TCF in the zebrafish hindbrain. Development. 2006;133:3983-92 pubmed..Morpholino-mediated knockdown of Sema3d inhibits the proliferation of hindbrain neuroepithelial cells...
- Wolman M, Liu Y, Tawarayama H, Shoji W, Halloran M. Repulsion and attraction of axons by semaphorin3D are mediated by different neuropilins in vivo. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8428-35 pubmed..We investigated the role of Semaphorin3D (Sema3D) in the formation of the early axon pathways in the zebrafish CNS...
- Samuel A, Rubinstein A, Azar T, Ben Moshe Livne Z, Kim S, Inbal A. Six3 regulates optic nerve development via multiple mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20267 pubmed publisher..Hence, the new zebrafish model for Six3 loss of function furthers our understanding of the mechanisms governing optic nerve development and Six3-mediated eye and forebrain malformations. ..
- Barresi M, Hutson L, Chien C, Karlstrom R. Hedgehog regulated Slit expression determines commissure and glial cell position in the zebrafish forebrain. Development. 2005;132:3643-56 pubmed..glial bridge formation, and the restricted expression of the guidance molecules slit1a, slit2, slit3 and sema3d, but that Hh does not appear to play a direct role in commissural and retinal axon guidance...
- Jiang Q, Arnold S, Heanue T, Kilambi K, Doan B, Kapoor A, et al. Functional loss of semaphorin 3C and/or semaphorin 3D and their epistatic interaction with ret are critical to Hirschsprung disease liability. Am J Hum Genet. 2015;96:581-96 pubmed publisher..Analysis in Ret wild-type and Ret-null mice demonstrates specific expression of Sema3a, Sema3c, and Sema3d in the enteric nervous system (ENS)...
- Sakai J, Halloran M. Semaphorin 3d guides laterality of retinal ganglion cell projections in zebrafish. Development. 2006;133:1035-44 pubmed..Here we show that Sema3d, a secreted semaphorin expressed at the midline, guides the crossing of RGC axons in zebrafish...
- Jia Q, Zhang Q, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Zhang W, Zhou Y, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish model of Diamond-Blackfan anemia from RPS19 deficiency via p53-dependent and -independent pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71782 pubmed publisher..The detection of potential pathogenic genes and pathways provides us a new paradigm for future research on DBA, which is a systematic and complex hereditary disease. ..
- Schlueter P, Royer T, Farah M, Laser B, Chan S, Steiner D, et al. Gene duplication and functional divergence of the zebrafish insulin-like growth factor 1 receptors. FASEB J. 2006;20:1230-2 pubmed