Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: sema3aa
Description: sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), short basic domain, secreted, (semaphorin) 3Aa
Alias: sema1a, sema3a1, semaZ1a, semaphorin-3aa, sem1a, sema Z1A, semaphorin 1a, semaphorin-1A, semaphorin-Z1A
- Roos M, Schachner M, Bernhardt R. Zebrafish semaphorin Z1b inhibits growing motor axons in vivo. Mech Dev. 1999;87:103-17 pubmed..Sema Z1b might normally influence the midsegmental pathway choice of the ventrally extending motor axons by contributing to a repulsive domain in the posterior somite. ..
- McDonald T, Pascual A, Uppalapati C, Cooper K, Leyva K, Hull E. Zebrafish keratocyte explant cultures as a wound healing model system: differential gene expression & morphological changes support epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:1815-27 pubmed publisher..These data establish that an EMT process is occurring during zebrafish keratocyte explant culture and support the use of this system as a wound healing model. ..
- Goi M, Childs S. Patterning mechanisms of the sub-intestinal venous plexus in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2016;409:114-128 pubmed publisher..However Vegf promotes sprouting of the predominantly venous plexus and Bmp promotes outgrowth of the structure. We propose that the SIVP is a unique model to understand novel mechanisms utilized in organ-specific angiogenesis. ..
- Chen Z, Lee H, Henle S, Cheever T, Ekker S, Henley J. Primary neuron culture for nerve growth and axon guidance studies in zebrafish (Danio rerio). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57539 pubmed publisher..Thus, this primary neuron culture model system may be useful for studies of neuronal development, chemotropic axon guidance, and mechanisms underlying inhibition of neural regeneration in vitro, and complement observations made in vivo. ..
- Micale L, Loviglio M, Manzoni M, Fusco C, Augello B, Migliavacca E, et al. A fish-specific transposable element shapes the repertoire of p53 target genes in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46642 pubmed publisher..Our data pinpoint a remarkable example of convergent evolution: the exaptation of lineage-specific transposons to shape p53-regulated neuronal morphogenesis-related pathways in both a hominid and a teleost fish. ..
- Shoji W, Isogai S, Sato Maeda M, Obinata M, Kuwada J. Semaphorin3a1 regulates angioblast migration and vascular development in zebrafish embryos. Development. 2003;130:3227-36 pubmed..Here we show that in zebrafish Sema3a1 is involved in angioblast migration in vivo...
- Bayliss P, Bellavance K, Whitehead G, Abrams J, Aegerter S, Robbins H, et al. Chemical modulation of receptor signaling inhibits regenerative angiogenesis in adult zebrafish. Nat Chem Biol. 2006;2:265-73 pubmed..This study illustrates the utility of the adult zebrafish as a new model system for receptor signaling and chemical biology. ..
- Wolman M, Liu Y, Tawarayama H, Shoji W, Halloran M. Repulsion and attraction of axons by semaphorin3D are mediated by different neuropilins in vivo. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8428-35 pubmed..Together, these data support the hypothesis that Sema3D may act as a repellent through receptors containing Npn-1A and as an attractant via receptors containing Npn-1A and Npn-2B. ..
- Mahmoud A, O Meara C, Gemberling M, Zhao L, Bryant D, Zheng R, et al. Nerves Regulate Cardiomyocyte Proliferation and Heart Regeneration. Dev Cell. 2015;34:387-99 pubmed publisher..Transcriptional analysis of mechanically denervated hearts revealed a blunted inflammatory and immune response following injury. These findings demonstrate that nerve function is required for both zebrafish and mouse heart regeneration. ..
- Feldner J, Reimer M, Schweitzer J, Wendik B, Meyer D, Becker T, et al. PlexinA3 restricts spinal exit points and branching of trunk motor nerves in embryonic zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2007;27:4978-83 pubmed..Synergistic effects of combined morpholino injections indicate interactions of plexinA3 with semaphorin3A homologs. Thus, plexinA3 is a crucial receptor for axon guidance cues in primary motor neurons. ..
- Wild R, Klems A, Takamiya M, Hayashi Y, Strahle U, Ando K, et al. Neuronal sFlt1 and Vegfaa determine venous sprouting and spinal cord vascularization. Nat Commun. 2017;8:13991 pubmed publisher..Conceptually, our data suggest that spinal cord vascularization proceeds from veins involving two-tiered regulation of neuronal sFlt1 and Vegfaa via a novel sprouting mode. ..
- Diamante G, do Amaral E Silva Müller G, Menjivar Cervantes N, Xu E, Volz D, Dias Bainy A, et al. Developmental toxicity of hydroxylated chrysene metabolites in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:77-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings also demonstrate the regio-selective toxicity of hydroxy-PAHs in the effects on eye and circulatory development and raise the need to identify mechanisms and ecological risks of oxy-PAHs to fish populations. ..
- Yeh C, Liao Y, Chang C, Tsai J, Wang Y, Cheng C, et al. Caffeine treatment disturbs the angiogenesis of zebrafish embryos. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2012;35:361-5 pubmed publisher..polymerase chain reaction analysis of caffeine-treated embryos showed an upregulation of nrp1a along with a downregulation of sema3aa and sema3c. In conclusion, caffeine treatment induces defects of angiogenesis in zebrafish embryos.
- Callander D, Lamont R, Childs S, McFarlane S. Expression of multiple class three semaphorins in the retina and along the path of zebrafish retinal axons. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2918-24 pubmed..We find that sema3Aa, 3Fa, 3Ga, and 3Gb are expressed in the retina, although only sema3Fa is present during the time window when the ..