Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: scn8aa
Description: sodium channel, voltage gated, type VIII, alpha subunit a
Alias: Nav1.6, scn8a, sodium channel, voltage gated, type VIII, alpha subunit a, sodium channel, voltage-gated, type VIII, alpha a, sodium channel, voltage-gated, type VIII, alpha polypeptide a, zscn4
- YONKERS M, Ribera A. Molecular components underlying nongenomic thyroid hormone signaling in embryonic zebrafish neurons. Neural Dev. 2009;4:20 pubmed publisher..6a. Our in vivo analyses identify molecules required for T4's rapid regulation of voltage-gated sodium current. ..
- Low S, Zhou W, Choong I, Saint Amant L, Sprague S, Hirata H, et al. Na(v)1.6a is required for normal activation of motor circuits normally excited by tactile stimulation. Dev Neurobiol. 2010;70:508-22 pubmed publisher..Genetic mapping identified the gene encoding Na(V)1.6a (scn8aa) as a potential candidate for nav...
- Lefebvre K, Tilton S, Bammler T, Beyer R, Srinouanprachan S, Stapleton P, et al. Gene expression profiles in zebrafish brain after acute exposure to domoic acid at symptomatic and asymptomatic doses. Toxicol Sci. 2009;107:65-77 pubmed publisher..These data provide a basis for identifying pathways of DA-induced injury as well as biomarkers of asymptomatic and symptomatic DA exposure levels. ..
- Chen Y, Huang F, Cheng Y, Wu C, Yang C, Tsay H. Knockdown of zebrafish Nav1.6 sodium channel impairs embryonic locomotor activities. J Biomed Sci. 2008;15:69-78 pubmed..The movement impairments caused by MO1, MO2, and MO3 suggest that the function of Na(v)1.6 sodium channels is essential on the normal early embryonic locomotor activities. ..
- Fein A, Meadows L, Chen C, Slat E, Isom L. Cloning and expression of a zebrafish SCN1B ortholog and identification of a species-specific splice variant. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:226 pubmed..Both scn1ba splice forms modulate Na+ currents expressed by zebrafish scn8aa, resulting in shifts in channel gating mode, increased current amplitude, negative shifts in the voltage ..
- Lim A, Moussavi Nik S, Ebrahimie E, Lardelli M. Analysis of nicastrin gene phylogeny and expression in zebrafish. Dev Genes Evol. 2015;225:171-8 pubmed publisher..Our observations are consistent with a role for Ncstn protein in Notch signaling within the proliferative ventricular zone of the developing central nervous system. ..
- Won Y, Ono F, Ikeda S. Characterization of Na+ and Ca2+ channels in zebrafish dorsal root ganglion neurons. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42602 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first comparison of zebrafish and rodent DRG neuron electrical properties and thus provide a basis for future studies. ..