Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: scd
Description: stearoyl-CoA desaturase (delta-9-desaturase)
Alias: SCD1, stearoyl-CoA desaturase 5
- Shieh Y, Chang Y, Hong J, Chen L, Jou L, Hsu C, et al. Increase of hepatic fat accumulation by liver specific expression of Hepatitis B virus X protein in zebrafish. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:721-30 pubmed publisher..C/EBP-alpha, SREBP1, ChREBP and PPAR-gamma, which then activate key enzymes of the de novo FA synthesis, ACC1, FAS, SCD1, AGAPT, PAP and DGAT2...
- Pai W, Hsu C, Lai C, Chang T, Tsai Y, Her G. Cannabinoid receptor 1 promotes hepatic lipid accumulation and lipotoxicity through the induction of SREBP-1c expression in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:823-38 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to report CB1R as a potential hepatic stimulator for zebrafish liver steatosis. ..
- Gao Y, Dai Z, Shi C, Zhai G, Jin X, He J, et al. Depletion of Myostatin b Promotes Somatic Growth and Lipid Metabolism in Zebrafish. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2016;7:88 pubmed publisher..Our mstnb-deficient model could be valuable in understanding not only the growth trait regulation in teleosts but also the mechanisms of teleost energy metabolism. ..
- Lebold K, Jump D, Miller G, Wright C, Labut E, Barton C, et al. Vitamin E deficiency decreases long-chain PUFA in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Nutr. 2011;141:2113-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, inadequate vitamin E status led to a depletion of PUFA that may be a result of either or both increased lipid peroxidation and an impaired ability to synthesize sufficient PUFA, especially (n-3) PUFA. ..
- Pang S, Wang H, Li K, Zhu Z, Kang J, Sun Y. Double transgenesis of humanized fat1 and fat2 genes promotes omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids synthesis in a zebrafish model. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2014;16:580-93 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that application of transgenic technology of humanized fat1 and fat2 in farmed fishes can largely improve the n-3 LC-PUFA production. ..