Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rx2
Description: retinal homeobox gene 2
Alias: retinal homeobox protein Rx2
- Zilinski C, Brownell I, Hashimoto R, Medina Martinez O, Swindell E, Jamrich M. Expression of FoxE4 and Rx visualizes the timing and dynamics of critical processes taking place during initial stages of vertebrate eye development. Dev Neurosci. 2004;26:294-307 pubmed..In this paper we present a model of eye development based on the expression pattern of these two genes. ..
- Xu T, Zhao J, Yin D, Zhao Q, Dong B. High-throughput RNA sequencing reveals the effects of 2,2',4,4' -tetrabromodiphenyl ether on retina and bone development of zebrafish larvae. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:23 pubmed publisher..Body curvature arose from enhanced bone resorption because of the intensive up-regulation of related genes. We also proposed the larval retina as a novel potential target tissue for BDE47 exposure. ..
- McCollum C, Amin S, Pauerstein P, Lane M. A zebrafish LMO4 ortholog limits the size of the forebrain and eyes through negative regulation of six3b and rx3. Dev Biol. 2007;309:373-85 pubmed..We propose that lmo4b has an essential role in forebrain development as a modulator of six3 and rx3 expression, and thus indirectly influences neural cell fate commitment, cell proliferation and tissue growth in the anterior CNS. ..
- French C, Erickson T, Callander D, Berry K, Koss R, Hagey D, et al. Pbx homeodomain proteins pattern both the zebrafish retina and tectum. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:85 pubmed..These data define a novel role for Pbx in patterning the vertebrate retina and tectum in a manner required for proper retinal ganglion cell axon outgrowth. ..
- Asaoka Y, Hata S, Namae M, Furutani Seiki M, Nishina H. The Hippo pathway controls a switch between retinal progenitor cell proliferation and photoreceptor cell differentiation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e97365 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Yap suppresses the differentiation of photoreceptor cells from retinal progenitor cells by repressing Rx1-mediated transactivation of photoreceptor cell genes during zebrafish retinogenesis. ..
- Di Donato V, De Santis F, Auer T, Testa N, SÃ¡nchez Iranzo H, Mercader N, et al. 2C-Cas9: a versatile tool for clonal analysis of gene function. Genome Res. 2016;26:681-92 pubmed publisher..Our technique has the potential to be applied to diverse model organisms, enabling tissue-specific loss-of-function and phenotypic characterization of live and fixed tissues. ..
- Gongal P, Waskiewicz A. Zebrafish model of holoprosencephaly demonstrates a key role for TGIF in regulating retinoic acid metabolism. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:525-38 pubmed..The consequences of abnormal RA levels for forebrain patterning are profound, and imply that in human patients with TGIF deficiencies, increased forebrain RA levels contribute to the development of HPE. ..
- Cavodeassi F, Carreira Barbosa F, Young R, Concha M, Allende M, Houart C, et al. Early stages of zebrafish eye formation require the coordinated activity of Wnt11, Fz5, and the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. Neuron. 2005;47:43-56 pubmed
- Stenkamp D, Frey R, Mallory D, Shupe E. Embryonic retinal gene expression in sonic-you mutant zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2002;225:344-50 pubmed..We also find that Hh signaling is important for retinal cell proliferation and retinal cell survival; together, these functions provide an explanation for progressive microphthalmia in the syu-/- mutant. ..
- Kamei H, Ding Y, Kajimura S, Wells M, CHIANG P, Duan C. Role of IGF signaling in catch-up growth and accelerated temporal development in zebrafish embryos in response to oxygen availability. Development. 2011;138:777-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the evolutionarily conserved IGF signaling pathway coordinates growth and temporal development in zebrafish embryos in response to oxygen availability. ..
- Perkins B, Nicholas C, Baye L, Link B, Dowling J. dazed gene is necessary for late cell type development and retinal cell maintenance in the zebrafish retina. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:680-94 pubmed..Taken together, our studies suggest a role for the dazed gene in rod and Muller cell development and overall retinal cell survival and maintenance. ..