Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: runx2a
Description: runt-related transcription factor 2a
Alias: runt-related transcription factor 2, transcription factor Runx2a
- Kague E, Roy P, Asselin G, Hu G, Simonet J, Stanley A, et al. Osterix/Sp7 limits cranial bone initiation sites and is required for formation of sutures. Dev Biol. 2016;413:160-72 pubmed publisher..The delay in bone maturation caused by loss of Sp7 leads to unregulated bone formation, revealing a new mechanism for patterning the skull and sutures. ..
- Haga Y, Dominique V, Du S. Analyzing notochord segmentation and intervertebral disc formation using the twhh:gfp transgenic zebrafish model. Transgenic Res. 2009;18:669-83 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that the twhh:gfp transgenic zebrafish is a useful model for studying vertebral segmentation and disc formation, and moreover, that RA signaling may play a role in this process...
- Fraher D, Hodge J, Collier F, McMillan J, Kennedy R, Ellis M, et al. Citalopram and sertraline exposure compromises embryonic bone development. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21:656-64 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the need to further investigate the risks of SSRI use during pregnancy in exposing unborn babies to potential skeletal abnormalities. ..
- Niu N, Shao R, Yan G, Zou W. Bromodomain and Extra-terminal (BET) Protein Inhibitors Suppress Chondrocyte Differentiation and Restrain Bone Growth. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:26647-26657 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that BET bromodomain inhibition may have side effects on skeletal bone structures. ..
- Kerney R, Gross J, Hanken J. Runx2 is essential for larval hyobranchial cartilage formation in Xenopus laevis. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1650-62 pubmed..Together these data reveal a shift in Runx2 function protein during vertebrate evolution towards its exclusive roles in cartilage hypertrophy and bone differentiation within the amniote lineage. ..
- Singh S, Holdway J, Poss K. Regeneration of amputated zebrafish fin rays from de novo osteoblasts. Dev Cell. 2012;22:879-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate diversity in the cellular origins of appendage bone and reveal that de novo osteoblasts can fully support the regeneration of amputated zebrafish fins. ..
- Suzuki N, Hanmoto T, Yano S, Furusawa Y, Ikegame M, Tabuchi Y, et al. Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound induces apoptosis in osteoclasts: Fish scales are a suitable model for the analysis of bone metabolism by ultrasound. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2016;195:26-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, we are the first to demonstrate that LIPUS directly functions to osteoclasts and to conclude that LIPUS directly causes apoptosis in osteoclasts shortly after exposure. ..
- de Vrieze E, van Kessel M, Peters H, Spanings F, Flik G, Metz J. Prednisolone induces osteoporosis-like phenotype in regenerating zebrafish scales. Osteoporos Int. 2014;25:567-78 pubmed publisher..An unsurpassed convenience and low cost then make the zebrafish scale a superior model for preclinical studies in osteoporosis research. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang H, Zhao G, Yokoyama T, Vega H, Huang Y, et al. ATP6V1H Deficiency Impairs Bone Development through Activation of MMP9 and MMP13. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006481 pubmed publisher..We propose that MMP9/MMP13 could be therapeutic targets for patients with this rare genetic disease. ..
- Carnovali M, Ottria R, Pasqualetti S, Banfi G, Ciuffreda P, Mariotti M. Effects of bioactive fatty acid amide derivatives in zebrafish scale model of bone metabolism and disease. Pharmacol Res. 2016;104:1-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that long-chain fatty acid amides are involved in regulating bone metabolism in zebrafish scales and that the CB2 receptor is a key mediator in this process. ..
- Wiweger M, de Andrea C, Scheepstra K, Zhao Z, Hogendoorn P. Possible effects of EXT2 on mesenchymal differentiation--lessons from the zebrafish. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2014;9:35 pubmed publisher..Our observations in the ext2-null fish might explain the musculoskeletal defects that are often observed in MO patients. ..
- Blum N, Begemann G. Osteoblast de- and redifferentiation are controlled by a dynamic response to retinoic acid during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2894-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism explaining how the osteoblast regenerative program is protected from adverse crosstalk with neighboring fibroblasts that advances our understanding of the regulation of bone repair by RA. ..
- Felber K, Croucher P, Roehl H. Hedgehog signalling is required for perichondral osteoblast differentiation in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2011;128:141-52 pubmed publisher..This result may point to subtle differences between the development of the skeleton in the skull and limb. ..
- Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Falcinelli S, Bertotto D, Radaelli G, Olivotto I, et al. Probiotic supplementation promotes calcification in Danio rerio larvae: a molecular study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83155 pubmed publisher..rhamnosus supplementation. Interestingly, a reduction of sost detected in the same individuals suggests that the probiotic may help treat bone disorders. ..
- Pinto J, Conceição N, Viegas C, Leite R, Hurst L, Kelsh R, et al. Identification of a new pebp2alphaA2 isoform from zebrafish runx2 capable of inducing osteocalcin gene expression in vitro. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:1440-53 pubmed..the zebrafish (Danio rerio) runx2 gene, we identified the presence of two orthologs of RUNX2, which we named runx2a and runx2b and cloned a pebp2alphaA-like transcript of the runx2b gene, which we named pebp2alphaA2...
- Ling I, Rochard L, Liao E. Distinct requirements of wls, wnt9a, wnt5b and gpc4 in regulating chondrocyte maturation and timing of endochondral ossification. Dev Biol. 2017;421:219-232 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the importance of the non-canonical Wnt pathway in regulating coordinated ventral cartilage morphogenesis and ossification. ..
- Flanagan Steet H, Aarnio M, Kwan B, Guihard P, Petrey A, Haskins M, et al. Cathepsin-Mediated Alterations in TGFÃŸ-Related Signaling Underlie Disrupted Cartilage and Bone Maturation Associated With Impaired Lysosomal Targeting. J Bone Miner Res. 2016;31:535-48 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the complexity of the skeletal disease associated with MLII and bring new insight to the role of secreted cathepsin proteases in cartilage development and growth factor regulation. ..
- Luo S, Chen J, Zhong Z, Lv X, Yang Y, Zhang J, et al. Salvianolic acid B stimulates osteogenesis in dexamethasone-treated zebrafish larvae. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2016;37:1370-1380 pubmed publisher..Exposure to Dex (10 ?mol/L) significantly reduced the expression of osteoblast-specific genes, including runx2a, osteocalcin (OC), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osterix (sp7), and increased the accumulation of ROS and MDA in ..
- Jiang Y, Yan Y, Wang X, Zhu G, Xu Y. Hepcidin inhibition on the effect of osteogenesis in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:1-6 pubmed publisher..Quantitative real-time PCR analyses revealed the osteoblast-specific genes alp, runx2a, runx2b, and sp7 in morphants are down-regulated...
- van der Velden Y, Wang L, Querol Cano L, Haramis A. The polycomb group protein ring1b/rnf2 is specifically required for craniofacial development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73997 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish ring1b mutant provides a molecular model for investigating these mechanisms and may lead to the discovery of new treatments or preventions of craniofacial abnormalities. ..
- Huycke T, Eames B, Kimmel C. Hedgehog-dependent proliferation drives modular growth during morphogenesis of a dermal bone. Development. 2012;139:2371-80 pubmed publisher..Hence, patterning within a module may include adjacent regions of functionally related bones and might require that signaling pathways function over an extended period of development. ..
- Smith A, Avaron F, Guay D, Padhi B, Akimenko M. Inhibition of BMP signaling during zebrafish fin regeneration disrupts fin growth and scleroblasts differentiation and function. Dev Biol. 2006;299:438-54 pubmed..We then identified targets of BMP signaling involved in regeneration of the bone of the fin rays. runx2a/b and their target col10a1 were downregulated following BMP signaling inhibition...
- Bo L, Liu Z, Zhong Y, Huang J, Chen B, Wang H, et al. Iron deficiency anemia's effect on bone formation in zebrafish mutant. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;475:271-6 pubmed publisher..by decreases in the number of calcified vertebrae along with decreased expression of osteoblast novel genes: alpl, runx2a and col1a1a and BMPs signaling genes in osteoblast differentiation: bmp2a and bmp2b...
- Armstrong B, Henner A, Stewart S, Stankunas K. Shh promotes direct interactions between epidermal cells and osteoblast progenitors to shape regenerated zebrafish bone. Development. 2017;144:1165-1176 pubmed publisher..Progressively separated pObs pools then continue regenerating independently to collectively re-form a now branched skeletal structure. ..
- Topczewska J, Shoela R, Tomaszewski J, Mirmira R, Gosain A. The Morphogenesis of Cranial Sutures in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165775 pubmed publisher..for col1a1a, col2a1a, col10a1, bglap/osteocalcin, fgfr1a, fgfr1b, fgfr2, fgfr3, foxq1, twist2, twist3, runx2a, runx2b, sp7/osterix, and spp1/ osteopontin, indicating that the expression of genes involved in suture ..
- Eames B, Amores A, Yan Y, Postlethwait J. Evolution of the osteoblast: skeletogenesis in gar and zebrafish. BMC Evol Biol. 2012;12:27 pubmed publisher..More broadly, our data suggest that the molecular fingerprint of the osteoblast, which largely is constrained among land animals, was not fixed during early vertebrate evolution. ..
- DeLaurier A, Huycke T, Nichols J, Swartz M, Larsen A, Walker C, et al. Role of mef2ca in developmental buffering of the zebrafish larval hyoid dermal skeleton. Dev Biol. 2014;385:189-99 pubmed publisher..Hence, steps along the developmental trajectory appear differentially sensitive to the loss of buffering, providing focus for the future study. ..
- Felber K, Elks P, Lecca M, Roehl H. Expression of osterix Is Regulated by FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin Signalling during Osteoblast Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144982 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, we propose that FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin pathways act in part by directing transcription of osx to promote osteoblast differentiation at sites of bone formation. ..
- Baek S, Choi S, Park S, Lee S, Chun H, Kim S. Quinoline compound KM11073 enhances BMP-2-dependent osteogenic differentiation of C2C12 cells via activation of p38 signaling and exhibits in vivo bone forming activity. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120150 pubmed publisher..Moreover, due to their inherent physical properties, small molecules could represent the next generation of regenerative medicine. ..
- Nah G, Lim Z, Tay B, Osato M, Venkatesh B. Runx family genes in a cartilaginous fish, the elephant shark (Callorhinchus milii). PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93816 pubmed publisher..In summary, our analysis reveals that the genomic organization and expression profiles of Runx genes were already complex in the common ancestor of jawed vertebrates...