Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: runx1
Description: runt-related transcription factor 1
Alias: runxa, runt-related transcription factor 1, aml1, runt-related transcription factor a, runx1a
- Burns C, DeBlasio T, Zhou Y, Zhang J, Zon L, Nimer S. Isolation and characterization of runxa and runxb, zebrafish members of the runt family of transcriptional regulators. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:1381-9 pubmed..We isolated the zebrafish runxa and runxb cDNAs, which encode proteins highly homologous to the human and murine Runx1 (AML1) and Runx3 (AML2) proteins...
- Lam E, Hall C, Crosier P, Crosier K, Flores M. Live imaging of Runx1 expression in the dorsal aorta tracks the emergence of blood progenitors from endothelial cells. Blood. 2010;116:909-14 pubmed publisher..generated from aortic endothelial cells and that this process is critically regulated by the transcription factor Runx1. By time-lapse microscopy of Runx1-enhanced green fluorescent protein transgenic zebrafish embryos, we were able ..
- Monteiro R, Pouget C, Patient R. The gata1/pu.1 lineage fate paradigm varies between blood populations and is modulated by tif1?. EMBO J. 2011;30:1093-103 pubmed publisher..1 in primitive erythroid and prodefinitive erythromyeloid progenitors. We therefore conclude that the gata1/pu.1 paradigm for lineage decisions takes different forms in different cellular contexts and is modulated by tif1?. ..
- Hogan B, Layton J, Pyati U, Nutt S, Hayman J, Varma S, et al. Specification of the primitive myeloid precursor pool requires signaling through Alk8 in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:506-11 pubmed..1 expression, but the role of alk8 was independent of the scl-dependent cell-fate pathway. Furthermore, the role of Alk8 in myelopoiesis was genetically separable from its earlier role in dorsal-ventral embryonic patterning. ..
- Zhang Y, Jin H, Li L, Qin F, Wen Z. cMyb regulates hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell mobilization during zebrafish hematopoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:4093-101 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that cMyb plays a hitherto unidentified role in dictating physiologic HSPC migration by modulating Sdf1a signaling. ..
- Murayama E, Kissa K, Zapata A, Mordelet E, Briolat V, Lin H, et al. Tracing hematopoietic precursor migration to successive hematopoietic organs during zebrafish development. Immunity. 2006;25:963-75 pubmed..expressed c-myb and ikaros but not rag1; they were probably no longer HSCs, however, because they lacked scl and runx1 expression, unlike immigrants to the kidney...
- Imamura S, Uchiyama J, Koshimizu E, Hanai J, Raftopoulou C, Murphey R, et al. A non-canonical function of zebrafish telomerase reverse transcriptase is required for developmental hematopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3364 pubmed publisher..The data also provide insights into a non-canonical pathway by which TERT functions to modulate specification of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells during vertebrate development. (276 words). ..
- Zhang Y, Duc A, Rao S, Sun X, Bilbee A, Rhodes M, et al. Control of hematopoietic stem cell emergence by antagonistic functions of ribosomal protein paralogs. Dev Cell. 2013;24:411-25 pubmed publisher..by abrogating Smad1 expression and the consequent induction of essential transcriptional regulator, Runx1. Indeed, despite the ability of both paralogs to bind smad1 RNA, Rpl22 and Rpl22l1 have opposing effects on Smad1 ..
- Bertrand J, Kim A, Teng S, Traver D. CD41+ cmyb+ precursors colonize the zebrafish pronephros by a novel migration route to initiate adult hematopoiesis. Development. 2008;135:1853-62 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies suggest that expression of CD41 and cmyb marks nascent HSCs in the zebrafish AGM, and provide the means to further dissect HSC generation and function in the early vertebrate embryo. ..
- Horsfield J, Anagnostou S, Hu J, Cho K, Geisler R, Lieschke G, et al. Cohesin-dependent regulation of Runx genes. Development. 2007;134:2639-49 pubmed..We conducted a forward genetic screen in zebrafish for positive regulators of runx1 that yielded the cohesin subunit rad21...
- Ge L, Zhang R, Wan F, Guo D, Wang P, Xiang L, et al. TET2 plays an essential role in erythropoiesis by regulating lineage-specific genes via DNA oxidative demethylation in a zebrafish model. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:989-1002 pubmed publisher..This report is anticipated to broaden current information on hematopoiesis and pathogenesis of hematopoiesis-related diseases. ..
- Gering M, Patient R. Hedgehog signaling is required for adult blood stem cell formation in zebrafish embryos. Dev Cell. 2005;8:389-400 pubmed..Furthermore, HSC and DA formation also share Vegf and Notch requirements, which further distinguishes them from primitive hematopoiesis and underlines their close relationship during vertebrate development. ..
- Dooley K, Davidson A, Zon L. Zebrafish scl functions independently in hematopoietic and endothelial development. Dev Biol. 2005;277:522-36 pubmed..Surprisingly, in cloche, lmo2 was not induced in response to scl over-expression. Taken together, these findings support distinct roles for scl in hematopoietic and endothelial development, downstream of hemangioblast development. ..
- Bertrand J, Cisson J, Stachura D, Traver D. Notch signaling distinguishes 2 waves of definitive hematopoiesis in the zebrafish embryo. Blood. 2010;115:2777-83 pubmed publisher..These studies establish that HSCs are the only hematopoietic precursor that requires Notch signaling and help to clarify the signaling events underlying the specification of the 2 distinct waves of definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Yeh J, Munson K, Chao Y, Peterson Q, Macrae C, Peterson R. AML1-ETO reprograms hematopoietic cell fate by downregulating scl expression. Development. 2008;135:401-10 pubmedb>AML1-ETO is one of the most common chromosomal translocation products associated with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)...
- Hsia N, Zon L. Transcriptional regulation of hematopoietic stem cell development in zebrafish. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:1007-14 pubmed..Future studies using new technologies in the zebrafish model will enhance our understanding of the molecular networks regulating HSC pluripotency and differentiation. ..
- Bertrand J, Chi N, Santoso B, Teng S, Stainier D, Traver D. Haematopoietic stem cells derive directly from aortic endothelium during development. Nature. 2010;464:108-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, using a permanent lineage tracing strategy, we demonstrate that the HSCs generated from haemogenic endothelium are the lineal founders of the adult haematopoietic system. ..
- Gering M, Yamada Y, Rabbitts T, Patient R. Lmo2 and Scl/Tal1 convert non-axial mesoderm into haemangioblasts which differentiate into endothelial cells in the absence of Gata1. Development. 2003;130:6187-99 pubmed..These results suggest that, in the absence of inducers of erythroid or myeloid haematopoiesis, Scl/Tal1-Lmo2-induced haemangioblasts differentiate into endothelial cells. ..
- Kalev Zylinska M, Horsfield J, Flores M, Postlethwait J, Vitas M, Baas A, et al. Runx1 is required for zebrafish blood and vessel development and expression of a human RUNX1-CBF2T1 transgene advances a model for studies of leukemogenesis. Development. 2002;129:2015-30 pubmedb>RUNX1/AML1/CBFA2 is essential for definitive hematopoiesis, and chromosomal translocations affecting RUNX1 are frequently involved in human leukemias...
- Diamante G, do Amaral E Silva Müller G, Menjivar Cervantes N, Xu E, Volz D, Dias Bainy A, et al. Developmental toxicity of hydroxylated chrysene metabolites in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:77-86 pubmed publisher..exposure to 2-OHCHR significantly increased the expression of the hematopoietic regulator, runx1 (runt related transcription factor 1)...
- Keightley M, Carradice D, Layton J, Pase L, Bertrand J, Wittig J, et al. The Pu.1 target gene Zbtb11 regulates neutrophil development through its integrase-like HHCC zinc finger. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14911 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the PU.1-ZBTB11-TP53 pathway is conserved from fish to mammals. Finally, Zbtb11 mutant rescue experiments point to a ZBTB11-regulated TP53 requirement in development of other organs. ..
- BURNS C, Galloway J, Smith A, Keefe M, Cashman T, Paik E, et al. A genetic screen in zebrafish defines a hierarchical network of pathways required for hematopoietic stem cell emergence. Blood. 2009;113:5776-82 pubmed publisher..such as the phospholipase C gamma-1 (plcgamma1) mutant, fail to specify HSCs, overexpression of notch or runx1 can rescue their hematopoietic defect...
- Huang C, Gu S, Yu P, Yu F, Feng C, Gao N, et al. Deficiency of smarcal1 causes cell cycle arrest and developmental abnormalities in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;339:89-100 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIOD may be caused by defects in cell cycle regulation. Our study provides a model of SIOD and reveals its cellular and molecular bases. ..
- Cortes M, Chen M, Stachura D, Liu S, Kwan W, Wright F, et al. Developmental Vitamin D Availability Impacts Hematopoietic Stem Cell Production. Cell Rep. 2016;17:458-468 pubmed publisher..biosynthesis or vitamin D receptor (VDR) function by gene knockdown resulted in significantly reduced runx1 expression and Flk1+cMyb+ HSPC numbers...
- Wang L, Zhang P, Wei Y, Gao Y, Patient R, Liu F. A blood flow-dependent klf2a-NO signaling cascade is required for stabilization of hematopoietic stem cell programming in zebrafish embryos. Blood. 2011;118:4102-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have demonstrated that blood flow is essential for HSC development and is mediated by a klf2a-NO signaling cascade in zebrafish. ..
- Bonora E, Bianco F, Cordeddu L, Bamshad M, Francescatto L, Dowless D, et al. Mutations in RAD21 disrupt regulation of APOB in patients with chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction. Gastroenterology. 2015;148:771-782.e11 pubmed publisher..622, encodes Ala>Thr) in RAD21 in patients from a consanguineous family with CIPO. Expression of RUNX1, a target of RAD21, was reduced in cells from patients with CIPO compared with controls...
- Qian F, Zhen F, Xu J, Huang M, Li W, Wen Z. Distinct functions for different scl isoforms in zebrafish primitive and definitive hematopoiesis. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e132 pubmed..Our findings suggest that hematopoietic cells at different levels of hierarchy are likely governed by a gradient of the Scl protein established through temporal and spatial patterns of expression of the different isoforms. ..
- Butko E, Distel M, Pouget C, Weijts B, Kobayashi I, Ng K, et al. Gata2b is a restricted early regulator of hemogenic endothelium in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2015;142:1050-61 pubmed publisher..Expression of aortic runx1 has served as an early marker of HSC commitment in the zebrafish embryo, but recent studies have suggested that ..
- Mahony C, Fish R, Pasche C, Bertrand J. tfec controls the hematopoietic stem cell vascular niche during zebrafish embryogenesis. Blood. 2016;128:1336-45 pubmed publisher..The full comprehension of the mechanisms induced by tfec will represent an important milestone toward the expansion of HSCs for regenerative purposes. ..
- Chung M, Ma A, Fung T, Leung A. Characterization of Sry-related HMG box group F genes in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:986-998.e5 pubmed publisher..sox32 affected both vascular and hematopoietic development through its effects on medial migration of the hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors. ..
- Oehlers S, Flores M, Hall C, Swift S, Crosier K, Crosier P. The inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) susceptibility genes NOD1 and NOD2 have conserved anti-bacterial roles in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2011;4:832-41 pubmed publisher..This work highlights the potential use of zebrafish larvae in the study of components of IBD pathogenesis. ..
- Iwanami N. Zebrafish as a model for understanding the evolution of the vertebrate immune system and human primary immunodeficiency. Exp Hematol. 2014;42:697-706 pubmed publisher..Thus, I propose that genetic approaches using the zebrafish hold great potential for a better understanding of molecular mechanisms of human primary immunodeficiencies and the evolution of vertebrate immune systems. ..
- Cooney J, Hildick Smith G, Shafizadeh E, McBride P, Carroll K, Anderson H, et al. Teleost growth factor independence (gfi) genes differentially regulate successive waves of hematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2013;373:431-41 pubmed publisher..Our studies establish a comparative paradigm for the regulation of hematopoietic lineages by gfi transcription factors. ..
- Crosier P, Kalev Zylinska M, Hall C, Flores M, Horsfield J, Crosier K. Pathways in blood and vessel development revealed through zebrafish genetics. Int J Dev Biol. 2002;46:493-502 pubmed..The transcription factor Runx1 is known to play a critical role in mammalian definitive hematopoiesis...
- Su Z, Si W, Li L, Zhou B, Li X, Xu Y, et al. MiR-144 regulates hematopoiesis and vascular development by targeting meis1 during zebrafish development. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014;49:53-63 pubmed publisher..1. Overexpression of miR-144 also inhibited definitive hematopoiesis as shown by reduced expression of runx1 and c-myb...
- Danilova N, Kumagai A, Lin J. p53 upregulation is a frequent response to deficiency of cell-essential genes. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15938 pubmed publisher..p53 prevents the development of embryos with defects in such genes. p53-mediated changes in gene expression may also contribute to many human congenital malformations. ..
- Lin M, Price E, Boatman S, Hagedorn E, Trompouki E, Satishchandran S, et al. Angiopoietin-like proteins stimulate HSPC development through interaction with notch receptor signaling. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Together our data provide insight to the angptl-mediated notch activation through receptor interaction and subsequent activation of myc targets. ..
- Nah G, Lim Z, Tay B, Osato M, Venkatesh B. Runx family genes in a cartilaginous fish, the elephant shark (Callorhinchus milii). PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93816 pubmed publisher..We describe here the cloning and characterization of Runx1, Runx2, Runx3 and Runxb genes in the elephant shark (Callorhinchus milii), a member of Chondrichthyes, the oldest ..
- Wang S, He Q, Ma D, Xue Y, Liu F. Irf4 Regulates the Choice between T Lymphoid-Primed Progenitor and Myeloid Lineage Fates during Embryogenesis. Dev Cell. 2015;34:621-31 pubmed publisher..1 expression to prevent an alternate fate. Our findings provide insight into the fate determination mechanism of T lymphoid-primed progenitors. ..
- Gardiner M, Gongora M, Grimmond S, Perkins A. A global role for zebrafish klf4 in embryonic erythropoiesis. Mech Dev. 2007;124:762-74 pubmed..there was an increase in expression of definitive hematopoietic specific genes such as larval globin genes, runx1 and c-myb from 24 hpf, suggesting a selective role for klf4 in primitive rather than definitive erythropoiesis...
- Lin Q, Zhou R, Zheng Y, Zhao L, Huang M, Zhang X, et al. Establishment of a congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia model and a thrombocyte-specific reporter line in zebrafish. Leukemia. 2017;31:1206-1216 pubmed publisher..Together with Tg(mpl:eGFP)smu4, mpl mutant zebrafish provide a useful tool for drug screening and study of thrombocytopoiesis. ..
- Han T, Yang C, Chang K, Zhang D, Imam F, Rana T. Identification of novel genes and networks governing hematopoietic stem cell development. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:1814-1828 pubmed
- McKinney Freeman S, Cahan P, Li H, Lacadie S, Huang H, Curran M, et al. The transcriptional landscape of hematopoietic stem cell ontogeny. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;11:701-14 pubmed publisher..Our analysis and web resource will enhance efforts to identify regulators of HSC ontogeny and facilitate the engineering of hematopoietic specification...
- Damm E, Clements W. Pdgf signalling guides neural crest contribution to the haematopoietic stem cell specification niche. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:457-467 pubmed publisher..Preventing association of the NC with the DA leads to loss of HSCs. Our results define NC as key cellular components of the HSC specification niche that can be profiled to identify unknown HSC specification signals. ..
- Kitaguchi T, Kawakami K, Kawahara A. Transcriptional regulation of a myeloid-lineage specific gene lysozyme C during zebrafish myelopoiesis. Mech Dev. 2009;126:314-23 pubmed publisher..We found that the myeloid-lineage transcription factors C/ebp1, Runx1 and Pu.1 can bind to the 2.4kb lyz promoter. Forced expression of runx1, c/ebp1 and pu...
- Shu L, Zhou Z, Zhou T, Deng M, Dong M, Chen Y, et al. Ectopic expression of Hoxb4a in hemangioblasts promotes hematopoietic development in early embryogenesis of zebrafish. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2015;42:1275-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that Hoxb4a favours the development of hematopoietic progenitor cells originated from hemangioblasts in vivo. ..
- Jing L, Tamplin O, Chen M, Deng Q, Patterson S, Kim P, et al. Adenosine signaling promotes hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence. J Exp Med. 2015;212:649-63 pubmed publisher..Elevated adenosine levels increased runx1(+)/cmyb(+) HSPCs in the dorsal aorta, whereas blocking the adenosine pathway decreased HSPCs...
- He Q, Zhang C, Wang L, Zhang P, Ma D, Lv J, et al. Inflammatory signaling regulates hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence in vertebrates. Blood. 2015;125:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a previously unrecognized link between inflammatory signaling and HSPC emergence, and provide new insights into regenerative medicine and novel therapies to treat innate immune-related diseases. ..
- Jin H, Sood R, Xu J, Zhen F, English M, Liu P, et al. Definitive hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells manifest distinct differentiation output in the zebrafish VDA and PBI. Development. 2009;136:647-54 pubmed publisher..Cell fate mapping and analysis of zebrafish runx1(w84x) and vlad tepes (vlt(m651)) mutants revealed that HSPCs in the PBI gave rise to both erythroid and myeloid ..
- Bresciani E, Carrington B, Wincovitch S, Jones M, Gore A, Weinstein B, et al. CBF? and RUNX1 are required at 2 different steps during the development of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;124:70-8 pubmed publisherCBF? and RUNX1 form a DNA-binding heterodimer and are both required for hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) generation in mice. However, the exact role of CBF? in the production of HSCs remains unclear...
- Shen L, Zhu J, Chen F, Lin W, Cai J, Zhong J, et al. RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene inhibited differentiation and apoptosis in myelopoiesis: an in vivo study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:970 pubmed publisher..This in vivo study aimed to establish a stable line of zebrafish expressing the human RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene under the control of a heat stress-inducible bidirectional promoter, and investigate its roles ..
- Rissone A, Weinacht K, la Marca G, Bishop K, Giocaliere E, Jagadeesh J, et al. Reticular dysgenesis-associated AK2 protects hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell development from oxidative stress. J Exp Med. 2015;212:1185-202 pubmed publisher..Our results link hematopoietic cell fate in AK2 deficiency to cellular energy depletion and increased oxidative stress. This points to the potential use of antioxidants as a supportive therapeutic modality for patients with RD. ..
- Theodore L, Hagedorn E, Cortes M, Natsuhara K, Liu S, Perlin J, et al. Distinct Roles for Matrix Metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in Embryonic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Emergence, Migration, and Niche Colonization. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:1226-1241 pubmed publisher..Here, inhibition of vascular-associated Mmp2 function caused accumulation of fibronectin-rich ECM, retention of runx1/cmyb+ HSPCs in the VDA, and delayed caudal hematopoietic tissue (CHT) colonization; these defects were ..
- Jin H, Li L, Xu J, Zhen F, Zhu L, Liu P, et al. Runx1 regulates embryonic myeloid fate choice in zebrafish through a negative feedback loop inhibiting Pu.1 expression. Blood. 2012;119:5239-49 pubmed publisher..1, Runx1 activity alone, or their combinations. Genetic analysis shows that low and high Pu...
- Thambyrajah R, Ucanok D, Jalali M, Hough Y, Wilkinson R, McMahon K, et al. A gene trap transposon eliminates haematopoietic expression of zebrafish Gfi1aa, but does not interfere with haematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2016;417:25-39 pubmed publisher..This finding contradicts previously published morpholino data that suggested an essential role for zebrafish Gfi1aa in primitive erythropoiesis. ..
- Li C, Lan Y, Schwartz Orbach L, Korol E, Tahiliani M, Evans T, et al. Overlapping Requirements for Tet2 and Tet3 in Normal Development and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Emergence. Cell Rep. 2015;12:1133-43 pubmed publisher..is regulated by Tet2/3 prior to HSC emergence and show that restoring expression of the downstream gata2b/scl/runx1 transcriptional network can rescue HSCs in tet2/3 double mutant larvae...
- Wan X, Hu B, Liu J, Feng X, Xiao W. Zebrafish mll gene is essential for hematopoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33345-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that zebrafish mll plays essential roles in hematopoiesis and that gadd45?a may serve as a potential downstream target for mediating the function of mll in hematopoiesis. ..
- Rasighaemi P, Onnebo S, Liongue C, Ward A. ETV6 (TEL1) regulates embryonic hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Haematologica. 2015;100:23-31 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that ETV6 plays a broader and more complex role in early hematopoiesis than previously thought, impacting on the development of multiple lineages. ..
- Peng X, Dong M, Ma L, Jia X, Mao J, Jin C, et al. A point mutation of zebrafish c-cbl gene in the ring finger domain produces a phenotype mimicking human myeloproliferative disease. Leukemia. 2015;29:2355-65 pubmed publisher..Our study may shed new light on the pathogenesis of MPN and provide a useful in vivo vertebrate model of this syndrome for screening drugs. ..
- Davidson A, Zon L. The caudal-related homeobox genes cdx1a and cdx4 act redundantly to regulate hox gene expression and the formation of putative hematopoietic stem cells during zebrafish embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;292:506-18 pubmed..In addition, cdx-deficient embryos display a significant reduction in runx1a(+) putative HSCs in the zebrafish equivalent to the aorta-gonad-mesonephros (AGM) region...
- Simões F, Peterkin T, Patient R. Fgf differentially controls cross-antagonism between cardiac and haemangioblast regulators. Development. 2011;138:3235-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that elevation of Fgf signalling in the anterior haemangioblast territory could have led to its recruitment into the heart field during evolution, increasing the size of the heart. ..
- Yue R, Li H, Liu H, Li Y, Wei B, Gao G, et al. Thrombin receptor regulates hematopoiesis and endothelial-to-hematopoietic transition. Dev Cell. 2012;22:1092-100 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrates a fundamental role of F2r-RhoA/ROCK pathway in vertebrate hematopoiesis and EHT, as well as an important molecular mechanism coordinating hematopoietic and vascular development. ..
- Flores M, Lam E, Crosier P, Crosier K. A hierarchy of Runx transcription factors modulate the onset of chondrogenesis in craniofacial endochondral bones in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3166-76 pubmed..Runx2 and Runx3 control chondrocyte maturation. Both Runx1 and Runx2 are expressed early in mesenchymal condensations, but how they contribute to the initial stages of ..
- Sawamiphak S, Kontarakis Z, Stainier D. Interferon gamma signaling positively regulates hematopoietic stem cell emergence. Dev Cell. 2014;31:640-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings uncover a developmental role for an inflammatory cytokine and place its action downstream of Notch signaling and blood flow to control Stat3 activation and HSC emergence. ..
- Wilkinson R, Pouget C, Gering M, Russell A, Davies S, Kimelman D, et al. Hedgehog and Bmp polarize hematopoietic stem cell emergence in the zebrafish dorsal aorta. Dev Cell. 2009;16:909-16 pubmed publisher..These findings are important for the study of the production of HSCs from embryonic stem cells and establish a paradigm for the development of adult stem cells. ..
- Jang I, Lu Y, Zhao L, Wenzel P, Kume T, Datta S, et al. Notch1 acts via Foxc2 to promote definitive hematopoiesis via effects on hemogenic endothelium. Blood. 2015;125:1418-26 pubmed publisher..These data establish a pathway linking Notch signaling to Foxc2 in hemogenic endothelial cells to promote definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- McReynolds L, Gupta S, Figueroa M, Mullins M, Evans T. Smad1 and Smad5 differentially regulate embryonic hematopoiesis. Blood. 2007;110:3881-90 pubmed..Our results suggest that specificity of BMP signaling output, with respect to hematopoiesis, can be explained by differential functions of Smad1 and Smad5. ..
- Stachura D, Svoboda O, Campbell C, Espin Palazon R, Lau R, Zon L, et al. The zebrafish granulocyte colony-stimulating factors (Gcsfs): 2 paralogous cytokines and their roles in hematopoietic development and maintenance. Blood. 2013;122:3918-28 pubmed publisher..These findings may inform how hematopoietic cytokines evolved following the diversification of teleosts and mammals from a common ancestor...