Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rps11
Description: ribosomal protein S11
Alias: wu:fa91c09, wu:fb34b11, zgc:56293, 40S ribosomal protein S11
- Espin Palazon R, Martínez López A, Roca F, López Muñoz A, Tyrkalska S, Candel S, et al. TNF? Impairs Rhabdoviral Clearance by Inhibiting the Host Autophagic Antiviral Response. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005699 pubmed publisher..This mechanism of action provides new therapeutic targets for the treatment of SVCV-infected fish, and advances our understanding of the previously enigmatic deleterious role of TNF? in certain viral infections. ..
- Candel S, Sepulcre M, EspÃn PalazÃ³n R, Tyrkalska S, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, et al. Md1 and Rp105 regulate innate immunity and viral resistance in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;50:155-65 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on the evolutionary history of Md1 and Rp105 and uncover a previously unappreciated function of these molecules in the regulation of innate immunity. ..
- Sawamiphak S, Kontarakis Z, Stainier D. Interferon gamma signaling positively regulates hematopoietic stem cell emergence. Dev Cell. 2014;31:640-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings uncover a developmental role for an inflammatory cytokine and place its action downstream of Notch signaling and blood flow to control Stat3 activation and HSC emergence. ..
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, Van Leeuwen J, Kranenbarg S. Effects of decreased muscle activity on developing axial musculature in nicb107 mutant zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2005;208:3675-87 pubmed..In addition, skin stiffness is affected. In conclusion, the lack of muscle fibre activity did not prevent the basal muscle components developing but influenced further organisation and differentiation of these components. ..
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- Alcaraz Pérez F, García Castillo J, García Moreno D, López Muñoz A, Anchelin M, Angosto D, et al. A non-canonical function of telomerase RNA in the regulation of developmental myelopoiesis in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3228 pubmed publisher..The alteration in spi1 and gata1 levels occurs through stimulation of gcsf and mcsf. Our model of TR deficiency in the zebrafish illuminates the non-canonical roles of TR, and could establish therapeutic targets for DC. ..
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, van den Boogaart J, Huising M, Kranenbarg S, Van Leeuwen J. Endurance exercise differentially stimulates heart and axial muscle development in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;291:R1040-8 pubmed..In contrast, the heart muscle shifts to a faster phenotype but does not become more aerobic. This suggests that endurance training differentially affects heart and axial muscle. ..
- Svensson J, Mustafa A, Fick J, Schmitz M, Brunström B. Developmental exposure to progestins causes male bias and precocious puberty in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:316-23 pubmed publisher..Our results show that progestins can affect sexual development in fish and that the androgenic progestin levonorgestrel induces a male phenotype at concentrations similar to those detected in aquatic environments. ..