Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rplp0
Description: ribosomal protein, large, P0
Alias: arp, fa56b12, fb04a12, wu:fa56b12, wu:fb15a08, wu:fk48c12, 60S acidic ribosomal protein P0, 60S ribosomal protein L10E, acidic ribosomal phophoprotein, arbp
- Forner Piquer I, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Santangeli S, Allarà M, Piscitelli F, et al. Dose-Specific Effects of Di-Isononyl Phthalate on the Endocannabinoid System and on Liver of Female Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3462-3476 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that replacement of DEHP with DiNP should be considered with caution because of observed adverse DiNP effects on aquatic organisms. ..
- Lin H, Zhou Z, Zhong W, Huang P, Ma N, Zhang Y, et al. Naringenin inhibits alcoholic injury by improving lipid metabolism and reducing apoptosis in zebrafish larvae. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:2877-2884 pubmed publisher..The present study showed that naringenin inhibited alcohol-induced liver steatosis and injury in zebrafish larvae by reducing apoptosis and DNA damage and by harmonizing alcohol and lipid metabolism. ..
- Howarth D, Vacaru A, Tsedensodnom O, Mormone E, Nieto N, Costantini L, et al. Alcohol disrupts endoplasmic reticulum function and protein secretion in hepatocytes. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2012;36:14-23 pubmed publisher..Ethanol metabolism directly impairs ER structure and function in hepatocytes. Zebrafish are a novel in vivo system for studying ALD. ..
- Li Z, Zheng W, Wang Z, Zeng Z, Zhan H, Li C, et al. A transgenic zebrafish liver tumor model with inducible Myc expression reveals conserved Myc signatures with mammalian liver tumors. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:414-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, our zebrafish model demonstrated the conserved role of Myc in promoting hepatocarcinogenesis in all vertebrate species. ..
- Tiedke J, Gerlach F, Mitz S, Hankeln T, Burmester T. Ontogeny of globin expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Comp Physiol B. 2011;181:1011-21 pubmed publisher..Globin X mRNA level was highest in oocytes, but low in later stages. Together, these data suggest a specific role for each globin, which are also associated with certain events in fish development. ..
- Nussbaum J, Liu L, Hasan S, Schaub M, McClendon A, Stainier D, et al. Homeostatic generation of reactive oxygen species protects the zebrafish liver from steatosis. Hepatology. 2013;58:1326-38 pubmed publisher..De novo GMP synthesis influences the activation of the small GTPase Rac1, which controls hepatic lipid dynamics through ROS-mediated regulation of triglyceride hydrolase expression in hepatocytes. ..
- Lin J, Chang L, Lai C, Lin K, Lin M, Yang C, et al. Development of an Animal Model for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:271-80 pubmed publisher..As these data reflect characteristic liver damage by alcohol in humans, this zebrafish animal model may serve as a powerful tool to study the pathogenesis and treatment of ALD and its related disorders in humans. ..
- Wagner K, Ying Y, Leong W, Jiang J, Hu X, Chen Y, et al. The differential spatiotemporal expression pattern of shelterin genes throughout lifespan. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:1219-1232 pubmed publisher..Together, this work shows that the shelterin subunits exhibit distinct spatiotemporal expression patterns, suggesting important tissue-specific functions during development and aging. ..
- Zhou F, Narasimhan V, Shboul M, Chong Y, Reversade B, Roy S. Gmnc Is a Master Regulator of the Multiciliated Cell Differentiation Program. Curr Biol. 2015;25:3267-73 pubmed..Together, our data identify Gmnc as an evolutionarily conserved master regulator functioning at the top of the hierarchy of transcription factors involved in MCC differentiation. ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Zanardini M, Notarstefano V, Gioacchini G, Forner Piquer I, et al. Effects of diisononyl phthalate on Danio rerio reproduction. Environ Pollut. 2017;231:1051-1062 pubmed publisher..The findings provide evidence that exposure to DiNP adversely affect oocytes growth and maturation, leading to abnormal gonadal development and reproduction in zebrafish. ..
- Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Falcinelli S, Bertotto D, Radaelli G, Olivotto I, et al. Probiotic supplementation promotes calcification in Danio rerio larvae: a molecular study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83155 pubmed publisher..rhamnosus supplementation. Interestingly, a reduction of sost detected in the same individuals suggests that the probiotic may help treat bone disorders. ..
- Falcinelli S, Picchietti S, Rodiles A, Cossignani L, Merrifield D, Taddei A, et al. Lactobacillus rhamnosus lowers zebrafish lipid content by changing gut microbiota and host transcription of genes involved in lipid metabolism. Sci Rep. 2015;5:9336 pubmed publisher..rhamnosus in the treatment of lipid disorders. ..
- Lu H, Toh M, Narasimhan V, Thamilselvam S, Choksi S, Roy S. A function for the Joubert syndrome protein Arl13b in ciliary membrane extension and ciliary length regulation. Dev Biol. 2015;397:225-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings identify Arl13b as an important effector of ciliary membrane biogenesis and ciliary length regulation, and provide insights into possible mechanisms of dysfunction of the protein in Joubert syndrome. ..
- Cruz Garcia L, Schlegel A. Lxr-driven enterocyte lipid droplet formation delays transport of ingested lipids. J Lipid Res. 2014;55:1944-58 pubmed publisher..Activation of Lxr in the intestine cell-autonomously regulates the rate of delivery of absorbed lipids by inducting a temporary lipid intestinal droplet storage depot. ..
- Fiengo M, Donizetti A, del Gaudio R, Minucci S, Aniello F. Characterization, cDNA cloning and expression pattern of relaxin gene during embryogenesis of Danio rerio. Dev Growth Differ. 2012;54:579-87 pubmed publisher..In addition, expression in the thyroid and pancreas region suggests a function as a paracrine and endocrine hormone. ..
- Roesner A, Hankeln T, Burmester T. Hypoxia induces a complex response of globin expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2006;209:2129-37 pubmed..There was little change in the expression of the two cytoglobin genes. Globin X mRNA significantly decreased under hypoxia, pointing to a functional linkage to oxygen-dependent metabolism. ..
- Liu L, Xu Y, Xu L, Wang J, Wu W, Xu L, et al. Analysis of differentially expressed proteins in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to chlorpyrifos. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;167:183-9 pubmed..These data may help us understand the functions and the molecular mechanisms of these proteins in zebrafish embryos' response to CPF exposure. ..
- Encinas P, Garcia Valtanen P, Chinchilla B, Gomez Casado E, Estepa A, Coll J. Identification of multipath genes differentially expressed in pathway-targeted microarrays in zebrafish infected and surviving spring viremia carp virus (SVCV) suggest preventive drug candidates. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73553 pubmed publisher..These results could contribute to develop novel drug-based prevention methods and consolidate the zebrafish/SVCV as a model for vertebrate viral diseases. ..
- Maradonna F, Evangelisti M, Gioacchini G, Migliarini B, Olivotto I, Carnevali O. Assay of vtg, ERs and PPARs as endpoint for the rapid in vitro screening of the harmful effect of Di-(2-ethylhexyl)-phthalate (DEHP) and phthalic acid (PA) in zebrafish primary hepatocyte cultures. Toxicol In Vitro. 2013;27:84-91 pubmed publisher..Noteworthy the gender specific modulation observed for ERs opens a debate on the estrogenic mechanism of action of DEHP and PA and their role on vtg induction. ..
- Ings J, van der Kraak G. Characterization of the mRNA expression of StAR and steroidogenic enzymes in zebrafish ovarian follicles. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:943-54 pubmed..These experiments aid in the characterization of the roles and regulation of steroids throughout ovarian development, and suggest that gonadotropins play a key role in the regulation of StAR, 17beta-HSD3, and P450aromA in zebrafish. ..
- Santangeli S, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Cobellis G, Piccinetti C, Dalla Valle L, et al. BPA-Induced Deregulation Of Epigenetic Patterns: Effects On Female Zebrafish Reproduction. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21982 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the negative effects of BPA on the female reproductive system may be due to its upstream ability to deregulate epigenetic mechanism. ..
- Howarth D, Yin C, Yeh K, Sadler K. Defining hepatic dysfunction parameters in two models of fatty liver disease in zebrafish larvae. Zebrafish. 2013;10:199-210 pubmed publisher..This study provides a panel of parameters to assess liver disease that can be easily applied to zebrafish mutants, transgenics, and for drug screening in which liver function is an important consideration. ..