Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rpl8
Description: ribosomal protein L8
Alias: zgc:73105, zgc:77641, 60S ribosomal protein L8
- Chen Q, Yu L, Yang L, Zhou B. Bioconcentration and metabolism of decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209) result in thyroid endocrine disruption in zebrafish larvae. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;110-111:141-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis can be evaluated to determine thyroid endocrine disruption by BDE-209 in developing zebrafish larvae. ..
- Rissone A, Foglia E, Sangiorgio L, Cermenati S, Nicoli S, Cimbro S, et al. The synaptic proteins ?-neurexin and neuroligin synergize with extracellular matrix-binding vascular endothelial growth factor a during zebrafish vascular development. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1563-72 pubmed publisher..Our data represent the first in vivo evidence of the role of neurexin and neuroligin in embryonic blood vessel formation and provide insights into their mechanism of action. ..
- Urbatzka R, Rocha E, Reis B, Cruzeiro C, Monteiro R, Rocha M. Effects of ethinylestradiol and of an environmentally relevant mixture of xenoestrogens on steroidogenic gene expression and specific transcription factors in zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2012;164:28-35 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that "non-classical effects" of estrogenic EDC in fish are mediated via transcription factors. ..
- Wang X, Yang L, Wang Q, Guo Y, Li N, Ma M, et al. The neurotoxicity of DE-71: effects on neural development and impairment of serotonergic signaling in zebrafish larvae. J Appl Toxicol. 2016;36:1605-1613 pubmed publisher..Copyright Â© 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Shi X, Zhou B. The role of Nrf2 and MAPK pathways in PFOS-induced oxidative stress in zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2010;115:391-400 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we showed that morpholino-mediated knockdown of Nrf2 reduced PFOS-induced HO-1 gene expression. These findings demonstrate that Nrf2 is protective against PFOS-induced oxidative stress in zebrafish larvae. ..
- Armstrong B, Henner A, Stewart S, Stankunas K. Shh promotes direct interactions between epidermal cells and osteoblast progenitors to shape regenerated zebrafish bone. Development. 2017;144:1165-1176 pubmed publisher..Progressively separated pObs pools then continue regenerating independently to collectively re-form a now branched skeletal structure. ..
- Macaulay L, Chernick M, Chen A, Hinton D, Bailey J, Kullman S, et al. Exposure to a PBDE/OH-BDE mixture alters juvenile zebrafish (Danio rerio) development. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2017;36:36-48 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that exposures to PBDE/OH-BDE mixtures adversely impact zebrafish maturation during metamorphosis. Environ Toxicol Chem 2017;36:36-48. Â© 2016 SETAC. ..
- Chen L, Zhu B, Guo Y, Xu T, Lee J, Qian P, et al. High-throughput transcriptome sequencing reveals the combined effects of key e-waste contaminants, decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209) and lead, in zebrafish larvae. Environ Pollut. 2016;214:324-333 pubmed publisher..Overall, the interaction between BDE-209 and Pb led to synergistic and antagonistic effects on gene transcriptions, with concerted contribution from their individual toxicological properties. ..
- Wang Q, Lam J, Man Y, Lai N, Kwok K, Guo Y, et al. Bioconcentration, metabolism and neurotoxicity of the organophorous flame retardant 1,3-dichloro 2-propyl phosphate (TDCPP) to zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;158:108-15 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that females are more sensitive to TDCPP stress than males in terms of TDCPP-induced neurotoxicity. We demonstrate that long-term exposure to lower concentrations of TDCPP in fish can lead to neurotoxicity. ..
- Deng J, Liu C, Yu L, Zhou B. Chronic exposure to environmental levels of tribromophenol impairs zebrafish reproduction. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;243:87-95 pubmed publisher..The F(1)-generation larvae exhibited increased malformation, reduced survival, and retarded growth, suggesting that TBP in the aquatic environment has significant adverse effects on fish population. ..
- Xu T, Wang Q, Shi Q, Fang Q, Guo Y, Zhou B. Bioconcentration, metabolism and alterations of thyroid hormones of Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate (TDCPP) in Zebrafish. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;40:581-6 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals that exposure to low concentrations of TDCPP can cause bioconcentration in fish, and TDCPP can be readily metabolized in liver. ..
- Wang Q, Chen Q, Zhou P, Li W, Wang J, Huang C, et al. Bioconcentration and metabolism of BDE-209 in the presence of titanium dioxide nanoparticles and impact on the thyroid endocrine system and neuronal development in zebrafish larvae. Nanotoxicology. 2014;8 Suppl 1:196-207 pubmed publisher..g. myelin basic protein and ?1-tubulin). These results indicate nano-TiO2 enhances BDE-209 bioavailability and metabolism, leading to thyroid endocrine disruption and developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Takezaki N, Figueroa F, Zaleska Rutczynska Z, Klein J. Molecular phylogeny of early vertebrates: monophyly of the agnathans as revealed by sequences of 35 genes. Mol Biol Evol. 2003;20:287-92 pubmed..Our analyses also give a strong support for the separation of Chondrichthyes (cartilaginous fishes) before the divergence of Osteichthyes (bony fishes) from the other gnathostomes...
- Fitzgerald J, Jameson H, Fowler V, Bond G, Bickley L, Webster T, et al. Hypoxia Suppressed Copper Toxicity during Early Development in Zebrafish Embryos in a Process Mediated by the Activation of the HIF Signaling Pathway. Environ Sci Technol. 2016;50:4502-12 pubmed publisher..These findings change our understanding of the current and future impacts of worldwide oxygen depletion on fish communities challenged by anthropogenic toxicants. ..