Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rpl13
Description: ribosomal protein L13
Alias: zgc:92272, 60S ribosomal protein L13
- Rossier N, Chew G, Zhang K, Riva F, Fent K. Activity of binary mixtures of drospirenone with progesterone and 17Î±-ethinylestradiol in vitro and in vivo. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;174:109-22 pubmed publisher..The receptor-based responses did not correspond well to the transcriptional responses in embryos which are much more complex due to the interplay between hormonal pathways, receptor crosstalk, and hormonal feedback loops. ..
- Faltermann S, Grundler V, Gademann K, Pernthaler J, Fent K. Comparative effects of nodularin and microcystin-LR in zebrafish: 2. Uptake and molecular effects in eleuthero-embryos and adult liver with focus on endoplasmic reticulum stress. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;171:77-87 pubmed publisher..This is probably due to action to specific organs such as liver and kidneys that could not be identified by whole-embryo sampling. ..
- Amsterdam A, Sadler K, Lai K, Farrington S, Bronson R, Lees J, et al. Many ribosomal protein genes are cancer genes in zebrafish. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E139 pubmed..Our findings suggest that many RP genes may act as haploinsufficient tumor suppressors in fish. Many RP genes might also be cancer genes in humans, where their role in tumorigenesis could easily have escaped detection up to now. ..
- Blüthgen N, Zucchi S, Fent K. Effects of the UV filter benzophenone-3 (oxybenzone) at low concentrations in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;263:184-94 pubmed publisher..Forthcoming studies should show whether this translates to additional physiological effects. ..
- Zucchi S, Castiglioni S, Fent K. Progestins and antiprogestins affect gene expression in early development in zebrafish (Danio rerio) at environmental concentrations. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:5183-92 pubmed publisher..NET and LNG modulated some transcripts mainly above 2 ng/L. The expressional chances occurring at environmental levels may translate to negative interference with differentiation of brain and gonads, and consequently reproduction. ..
- Brugman S, Liu K, Lindenbergh Kortleve D, Samsom J, Furuta G, Renshaw S, et al. Oxazolone-induced enterocolitis in zebrafish depends on the composition of the intestinal microbiota. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:1757-67.e1 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish with oxazolone-induced enterocolitis, components of the intestinal microbiota affect the severity and composition of the intestinal infiltrate. ..
- Le Guen L, Karpanen T, Schulte D, Harris N, Koltowska K, Roukens G, et al. Ccbe1 regulates Vegfc-mediated induction of Vegfr3 signaling during embryonic lymphangiogenesis. Development. 2014;141:1239-49 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify Ccbe1 as a crucial component of the Vegfc/Vegfr3 pathway in the embryo. ..
- Christen V, Capelle M, Fent K. Silver nanoparticles induce endoplasmatic reticulum stress response in zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;272:519-28 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate for the first time that AgNPs lead to induction of ER stress in zebrafish. The induction of ER stress can have several consequences including the activation of apoptotic and inflammatory pathways...
- Wincent E, JÃ¶nsson M, Bottai M, Lundstedt S, Dreij K. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation and developmental toxicity in zebrafish in response to soil extracts containing unsubstituted and oxygenated PAHs. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:3869-77 pubmed publisher..In addition to Ahr activating potency, the profile of cytochrome P4501 inhibitors may also determine the toxic potency of the extracts. ..
- Hinaux H, Poulain J, Da Silva C, Noirot C, Jeffery W, Casane D, et al. De novo sequencing of Astyanax mexicanus surface fish and Pachón cavefish transcriptomes reveals enrichment of mutations in cavefish putative eye genes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53553 pubmed publisher..Based on these sequence differences, we provide a list of 11 genes that are potential candidates for having a role in cavefish visual system degeneration...