Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rfx2
Description: regulatory factor X, 2 (influences HLA class II expression)
Alias: cb133, sb:cb133, sb:cb7, wu:fd20b11, zfx2, zgc:91808, DNA-binding protein RFX2, cb7, regulatory factor X 2
- Bisgrove B, Makova S, Yost H, Brueckner M. RFX2 is essential in the ciliated organ of asymmetry and an RFX2 transgene identifies a population of ciliated cells sufficient for fluid flow. Dev Biol. 2012;363:166-78 pubmed publisher..In this study we find that the winged helix transcription factor Rfx2 is expressed in motile cilia in mouse and zebrafish embryos...
- Jaffe K, Grimes D, Schottenfeld Roames J, Werner M, Ku T, Kim S, et al. c21orf59/kurly Controls Both Cilia Motility and Polarization. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1841-9 pubmed publisher..Kur also makes interactions with other PCP components, including Disheveled. This supports a model wherein Kur plays a dual role in cilia motility and polarization. ..
- Yu X, Ng C, Habacher H, Roy S. Foxj1 transcription factors are master regulators of the motile ciliogenic program. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1445-53 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a dedicated master regulatory role for Foxj1 in the transcriptional program that controls the production of motile cilia. ..
- Neugebauer J, Cadwallader A, Amack J, Bisgrove B, Yost H. Differential roles for 3-OSTs in the regulation of cilia length and motility. Development. 2013;140:3892-902 pubmed publisher..in the fibroblast growth factor pathway to control cilia length via the ciliogenic transcription factors FoxJ1a and Rfx2. By contrast, a second 3-OST family member, 3-OST-6, does not regulate cilia length, but regulates cilia motility ..
- Arrington C, Peterson A, Yost H. Sdc2 and Tbx16 regulate Fgf2-dependent epithelial cell morphogenesis in the ciliated organ of asymmetry. Development. 2013;140:4102-9 pubmed publisher..Through an Fgf2-independent pathway, Sdc2 and Tbx16 also control KV ciliogenesis. Our results uncover a novel Sdc2-Tbx16-Fgf2 pathway that regulates epithelial cell morphogenesis...
- Liu J, Merkle F, Gandhi A, Gagnon J, Woods I, Chiu C, et al. Evolutionarily conserved regulation of hypocretin neuron specification by Lhx9. Development. 2015;142:1113-24 pubmed publisher..Our results elucidate an evolutionarily conserved role for Lhx9 in Hcrt neuron specification that improves our understanding of Hcrt neuron development. ..