Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rela
Description: v-rel avian reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A
Alias: nfkb3, p65, transcription factor p65, P65 transcription factor, v-rel reticuloendotheliosis viral oncogene homolog A
- Pan C, Wu J, Hui C, Lin C, Chen J. Insights into the antibacterial and immunomodulatory functions of the antimicrobial peptide, epinecidin-1, against Vibrio vulnificus infection in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:1019-25 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the use of epinecidin-1 to develop inactivated material for fish bacterial infections which can provide guidelines for the future design of epinecidin-1-bacterial formulations for various in vivo applications. ..
- Kong H, Moon J, Moon J, Kim J, Nam B, Kim Y, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of the p65 subunit of NF-?B from olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:406-11 pubmed publisher..cDNA encoding the p65 subunit of olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) NF-?B (Po-p65) was isolated through an EST analysis of an olive ..
- Daroczi B, Kari G, Ren Q, Dicker A, Rodeck U. Nuclear factor kappaB inhibitors alleviate and the proteasome inhibitor PS-341 exacerbates radiation toxicity in zebrafish embryos. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2625-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, inhibitors of canonical pathways to NF-kappaB activation may be useful in alleviating radiation toxicity in patients. ..
- He Q, Zhang C, Wang L, Zhang P, Ma D, Lv J, et al. Inflammatory signaling regulates hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence in vertebrates. Blood. 2015;125:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a previously unrecognized link between inflammatory signaling and HSPC emergence, and provide new insights into regenerative medicine and novel therapies to treat innate immune-related diseases. ..
- Li L, Huang T, Tian C, Xiao Y, Kou S, Zhou X, et al. The defensive effect of phellodendrine against AAPH-induced oxidative stress through regulating the AKT/NF-?B pathway in zebrafish embryos. Life Sci. 2016;157:97-106 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the PHE also ameliorated the ROS-mediated inflammatory response. ..
- Karra R, Knecht A, Kikuchi K, Poss K. Myocardial NF-ÎºB activation is essential for zebrafish heart regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13255-60 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate NF-ÎºB signaling as a key node between cardiac injury and tissue regeneration. ..
- Zetterberg H, Campbell W, Yang H, Xia W. The cytosolic loop of the gamma-secretase component presenilin enhancer 2 protects zebrafish embryos from apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11933-9 pubmed..Surprisingly, double knockdown of Pen-2 and nuclear factor kappaB component p65 abrogated the single Pen-2 MO-induced caspase activation, indicating that a previously reported pro-apoptotic role ..
- Yuan S, Lv Z, Zhu A, Zheng J, Wu C. Negative effect of chronic cadmium exposure on growth, histology, ultrastructure, antioxidant and innate immune responses in the liver of zebrafish: Preventive role of blue light emitting diodes. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;139:18-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, for the first time, our data demonstrated that LDB could protect fish against Cd toxicity. ..
- Zheng J, Yuan S, Wu C, Lv Z, Zhu A. Circadian time-dependent antioxidant and inflammatory responses to acute cadmium exposure in the brain of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:113-119 pubmed publisher..Taken together, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the brain were more serious when fish were exposed to Cd in the evening than in the morning, highlighting the importance of circadian rhythm in Cd-induced neurotoxicity in fish. ..
- Correa R, Matsui T, Tergaonkar V, Rodriguez Esteban C, Izpisua Belmonte J, Verma I. Zebrafish IkappaB kinase 1 negatively regulates NF-kappaB activity. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1291-5 pubmed..Here, we report that Ikk1 negatively regulates NF-kappaB by sequestering NEMO from active IKK complexes, indicating that IKK1 can function as a repressor of NF-kappaB. ..
- Zhang C, Zhang J, Ren H, Zhou B, Wu Q, Sun P. Effect of tributyltin on antioxidant ability and immune responses of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;138:1-8 pubmed publisher..of the HSP70, HSP90, tumor necrosis factor-?(TNF-?), interleukins (IL-1?, IL-6), and nuclear factor-kappa B p65 (NF-? B p65) genes were all enhanced with an increase in TBT dose...
- Watzke J, Schirmer K, Scholz S. Bacterial lipopolysaccharides induce genes involved in the innate immune response in embryos of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;23:901-5 pubmed..The gene induction required the removal of the chorion prior to lipopolysaccharide exposure. ..
- Ko E, Cho S, Kwon S, Eom C, Jeong M, Lee W, et al. The roles of NF-ÎºB and ROS in regulation of pro-inflammatory mediators of inflammation induction in LPS-stimulated zebrafish embryos. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;68:525-529 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicated that LPS increases pro-inflammatory mediators in zebrafish embryos through ROS and NF-ÎºB regulation. ..
- Kanther M, Sun X, Muhlbauer M, Mackey L, Flynn E, Bagnat M, et al. Microbial colonization induces dynamic temporal and spatial patterns of NF-?B activation in the zebrafish digestive tract. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:197-207 pubmed publisher..The observed patterns of NF-?B-dependent responses to microbial colonization indicate that cells in the gastrointestinal tract respond robustly to the microbial environment. ..
- Wang C, Chen Y, Bian W, Xie S, Qi G, Liu L, et al. Deletion of mstna and mstnb impairs the immune system and affects growth performance in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;72:572-580 pubmed publisher..While each paralogue contributes to the response to bacterial insult, mstnb affects the immune system through activation of the NF-?B pathway, and mstna is likely to act upstream of NF-?B at some as yet unidentified target. ..