Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rarga
Description: retinoic acid receptor gamma a
Alias: NR1B3, etID309710.23, etID33387.23, rarg, rarg2, wu:fb01e02, wu:fb01f03, wu:fc35a09, retinoic acid receptor gamma-A, NR1B3-A, RAR gamma, RAR-gamma-2, RAR-gamma-A, RARgamma-A, nr1b3a, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group B member 3-A, retinoic acid receptor gamma-2, zRAR gamma, zRAR-gamma-2
- Sharif F, Steenbergen P, Metz J, Champagne D. Long-lasting effects of dexamethasone on immune cells and wound healing in the zebrafish. Wound Repair Regen. 2015;23:855-65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the current findings support the use of the larval zebrafish model to study the impact of stress and stress hormone exposure in immature organisms on health risks in later life. ..
- Samarut E, Amal I, Markov G, Stote R, Dejaegere A, Laudet V, et al. Evolution of nuclear retinoic acid receptor alpha (RAR?) phosphorylation sites. Serine gain provides fine-tuned regulation. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:2125-37 pubmed publisher..In contrast, S(NTD) is conserved, indicating that the phosphorylation of this functional site has been under ancient high selection constraint. This suggests that, during evolution, different regulatory circuits control RAR? activity. ..
- Rubbini D, Robert Moreno Ã, Hoijman E, Alsina B. Retinoic Acid Signaling Mediates Hair Cell Regeneration by Repressing p27kip and sox2 in Supporting Cells. J Neurosci. 2015;35:15752-66 pubmed publisher..Our results position RA as an essential signal for hair cell regeneration with relevance in future regenerative strategies in mammals. ..
- Hale L, Tallafuss A, Yan Y, Dudley L, Eisen J, Postlethwait J. Characterization of the retinoic acid receptor genes raraa, rarab and rarg during zebrafish development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:546-55 pubmed..that the three cloned zebrafish rar genes include raraa and rarab, which are co-orthologs of tetrapod Rara, and rarg, which is the zebrafish ortholog of tetrapod Rarg. We did not, however, find an ortholog of Rarb...
- Tainaka T, Shimada Y, Kuroyanagi J, Zang L, Oka T, Nishimura Y, et al. Transcriptome analysis of anti-fatty liver action by Campari tomato using a zebrafish diet-induced obesity model. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2011;8:88 pubmed publisher..DIO-zebrafish can discriminate the anti-obesity effects of different strains of vegetables, and will become a powerful tool to assess outcomes and find novel mechanisms of anti-obesity effects of natural products. ..
- Stafford D, White R, Kinkel M, Linville A, Schilling T, Prince V. Retinoids signal directly to zebrafish endoderm to specify insulin-expressing beta-cells. Development. 2006;133:949-56 pubmed..These findings suggest that RA will have important applications in the quest to induce islets from stem cells for therapeutic uses...
- Escriva H, Safi R, Hanni C, Langlois M, Saumitou Laprade P, Stehelin D, et al. Ligand binding was acquired during evolution of nuclear receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:6803-8 pubmed..Strikingly, our results suggest that the ancestral NR was an orphan receptor that acquired ligand-binding ability during subsequent evolution. ..
- Kawakami Y, Raya A, Raya R, Rodriguez Esteban C, Izpisua Belmonte J. Retinoic acid signalling links left-right asymmetric patterning and bilaterally symmetric somitogenesis in the zebrafish embryo. Nature. 2005;435:165-71 pubmed
- D Aniello E, Rydeen A, Anderson J, Mandal A, Waxman J. Depletion of retinoic acid receptors initiates a novel positive feedback mechanism that promotes teratogenic increases in retinoic acid. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003689 pubmed publisher..Our results support an intriguing novel mechanism by which depletion of RARs elicits a previously unrecognized positive feedback loop that can result in developmental defects due to teratogenic increases in embryonic RA...
- Potok M, Nix D, Parnell T, Cairns B. Reprogramming the maternal zebrafish genome after fertilization to match the paternal methylation pattern. Cell. 2013;153:759-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, zebrafish achieve a totipotent chromatin state at ZGA through paternal genome competency and maternal genome DNAme reprogramming. ..
- Maier E, Whitfield T. RA and FGF signalling are required in the zebrafish otic vesicle to pattern and maintain ventral otic identities. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004858 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results indicate that FGF and RA signalling act in a feedback loop in the anterior OV, crucial for pattern refinement. ..
- Zhao J, Zhu X, Xu T, Yin D. Structure-dependent activities of polybrominated diphenyl ethers and hydroxylated metabolites on zebrafish retinoic acid receptor. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:1723-30 pubmed publisher..Most of the PBDEs could not directly interact with the RAR. ..
- Cunha V, Rodrigues P, Santos M, Moradas Ferreira P, Ferreira M. Danio rerio embryos on Prozac - Effects on the detoxification mechanism and embryo development. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;178:182-9 pubmed publisher..cyp1a, cyp3a65, gst, sod, cat, ahr, pxr, ppar?, ppar?, ppar?, rxraa, rxrab, rxrbb, rxrga, rxrgb, raraa, rarab, rarga evaluated...
- Jones B, Ohno C, Allenby G, Boffa M, Levin A, Grippo J, et al. New retinoid X receptor subtypes in zebra fish (Danio rerio) differentially modulate transcription and do not bind 9-cis retinoic acid. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:5226-34 pubmed..The discovery of these two novel receptors in zebra fish expands the functional repertoire of RXRs to include ligand-independent and dominant negative modulation of type II receptor function. ..
- Krasowski M, Yasuda K, Hagey L, Schuetz E. Evolutionary selection across the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily with a focus on the NR1I subfamily (vitamin D, pregnane X, and constitutive androstane receptors). Nucl Recept. 2005;3:2 pubmed..NR genes generally show strong sequence conservation and little evidence for positive selection. The main exceptions are PXR and CAR, genes that may have adapted to cross-species differences in toxic compound exposure. ..
- Oliveira E, Casado M, Raldua D, Soares A, Barata C, Pina B. Retinoic acid receptors' expression and function during zebrafish early development. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;138:143-51 pubmed publisher..We conclude that zebrafish embryos are particularly sensitive to potential disruptors of the RAR/RXR regulatory system. ..