Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: raraa
Description: retinoic acid receptor, alpha a
Alias: etID309833.12, rara, rara2a, zRAR, zRAR-alpha, zgc:109797, retinoic acid receptor alpha-A, NR1B1-A, RAR-alpha-2.A, RAR-alpha-A, RARalpha-A, nr1b1a, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group B member 1-A, retinoic acid receptor alpha a 201, retinoic acid receptor alpha-2.A, retinoic acid receptor, alpha 2a, zRAR alpha, zRAR-alpha-2.A
- Oliveira E, Casado M, Raldua D, Soares A, Barata C, Pina B. Retinoic acid receptors' expression and function during zebrafish early development. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;138:143-51 pubmed publisher..We conclude that zebrafish embryos are particularly sensitive to potential disruptors of the RAR/RXR regulatory system. ..
- Krasowski M, Yasuda K, Hagey L, Schuetz E. Evolutionary selection across the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily with a focus on the NR1I subfamily (vitamin D, pregnane X, and constitutive androstane receptors). Nucl Recept. 2005;3:2 pubmed..NR genes generally show strong sequence conservation and little evidence for positive selection. The main exceptions are PXR and CAR, genes that may have adapted to cross-species differences in toxic compound exposure. ..
- Pietsch J, Delalande J, Jakaitis B, Stensby J, Dohle S, Talbot W, et al. lessen encodes a zebrafish trap100 required for enteric nervous system development. Development. 2006;133:395-406 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that lsn/trap100 is not required for initial steps of cranial neural crest development and migration, but is essential for later proliferation of ENS precursors in the intestine. ..
- Zhao J, Zhu X, Xu T, Yin D. Structure-dependent activities of polybrominated diphenyl ethers and hydroxylated metabolites on zebrafish retinoic acid receptor. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:1723-30 pubmed publisher..Most of the PBDEs could not directly interact with the RAR. ..
- Maier E, Whitfield T. RA and FGF signalling are required in the zebrafish otic vesicle to pattern and maintain ventral otic identities. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004858 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results indicate that FGF and RA signalling act in a feedback loop in the anterior OV, crucial for pattern refinement. ..
- Cunha V, Rodrigues P, Santos M, Moradas Ferreira P, Ferreira M. Danio rerio embryos on Prozac - Effects on the detoxification mechanism and embryo development. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;178:182-9 pubmed publisher..abcc2, abcg2, cyp1a, cyp3a65, gst, sod, cat, ahr, pxr, ppar?, ppar?, ppar?, rxraa, rxrab, rxrbb, rxrga, rxrgb, raraa, rarab, rarga evaluated...
- White J, Boffa M, Jones B, Petkovich M. A zebrafish retinoic acid receptor expressed in the regenerating caudal fin. Development. 1994;120:1861-72 pubmed..The single ray subsequently bifurcates in a comparatively normal manner. Our data suggest that exogenous RA can respecify pattern in the regenerating caudal fin and identifies the blastemae as possible RA target tissues. ..
- Kawakami Y, Raya A, Raya R, Rodriguez Esteban C, Izpisua Belmonte J. Retinoic acid signalling links left-right asymmetric patterning and bilaterally symmetric somitogenesis in the zebrafish embryo. Nature. 2005;435:165-71 pubmed
- Gibert Y, Samarut E, Pasco Viel E, Bernard L, Borday Birraux V, Sadier A, et al. Altered retinoic acid signalling underpins dentition evolution. Proc Biol Sci. 2015;282: pubmed publisher..Our work illustrates that through subtle changes in the expression of rate-limiting enzymes, the RA pathway is an active player of tooth evolution in fish. ..
- Cheng J, Lv S, Nie S, Liu J, Tong S, Kang N, et al. Chronic perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) exposure induces hepatic steatosis in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;176:45-52 pubmed publisher..further indicated that PFOS significantly increase the transcriptional expression of nuclear receptors (nr1h3, rara, rxrgb, nr1l2) and the genes associated with fatty acid oxidation (acox1, acadm, cpt1a)...
- Skromne I, Thorsen D, Hale M, Prince V, Ho R. Repression of the hindbrain developmental program by Cdx factors is required for the specification of the vertebrate spinal cord. Development. 2007;134:2147-58 pubmed..We propose that by preventing the posterior-most region of the neural plate from following a hindbrain developmental program, Cdx factors help determine the size of the prospective hindbrain and spinal cord territories. ..
- Ishioka A, Jindo T, Kawanabe T, Hatta K, Parvin M, Nikaido M, et al. Retinoic acid-dependent establishment of positional information in the hindbrain was conserved during vertebrate evolution. Dev Biol. 2011;350:154-68 pubmed publisher..Possible implications in vertebrate evolution are discussed based on these findings. ..
- Li J, Hu P, Li K, Zhao Q. Identification and characterization of a novel retinoic acid response element in zebrafish cyp26a1 promoter. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2012;295:268-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that zebrafish cyp26a1 promoter contains a novel RARE that plays crucial roles in regulating cyp26a1 expression during early development of zebrafish. ..
- Alsop D, Matsumoto J, Brown S, Van der Kraak G. Retinoid requirements in the reproduction of zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2008;156:51-62 pubmed..that synthesize and metabolize the hormone retinoic acid (RA) (raldh2 and cyp26a, respectively), and RA receptors (raraa, rarga, rxrba, rxrbb, rxrga but not rxrab). Three new isoforms of rxrba were also observed in a variety of tissues...
- Huang W, Wang G, Delaspre F, Vitery M, Beer R, Parsons M. Retinoic acid plays an evolutionarily conserved and biphasic role in pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2014;394:83-93 pubmed publisher..We reveal here that later in development RA is involved in negatively regulating the further differentiation of pancreatic progenitors and expands upon the developmental mechanisms by which this occurs. ..
- Xu T, Chen L, Hu C, Zhou B. Effects of acute exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ethers on retinoid signaling in zebrafish larvae. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013;35:13-20 pubmed publisher..rdh1), cellular retinoic acid binding protein (crabp1a and crabp2a) and retinoic acid receptor subunit (raraa) were down-regulated significantly, indicating disruption of retinoid signaling...
- Amores A, Force A, Yan Y, Joly L, Amemiya C, Fritz A, et al. Zebrafish hox clusters and vertebrate genome evolution. Science. 1998;282:1711-4 pubmed..Thus, teleosts, the most species-rich group of vertebrates, appear to have more copies of these developmental regulatory genes than do mammals, despite less complexity in the anterior-posterior axis. ..
- Joore J, van der Lans G, Lanser P, Vervaart J, Zivkovic D, Speksnijder J, et al. Effects of retinoic acid on the expression of retinoic acid receptors during zebrafish embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1994;46:137-50 pubmedThe cDNAs encoding the zebrafish homologs of retinoic acid receptor alpha(zRAR alpha) and gamma (zRAR gamma) were isolated and their expression studied in normal and retinoic acid (RA) treated embryos...
- Samarut E, Amal I, Markov G, Stote R, Dejaegere A, Laudet V, et al. Evolution of nuclear retinoic acid receptor alpha (RAR?) phosphorylation sites. Serine gain provides fine-tuned regulation. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:2125-37 pubmed publisher..In contrast, S(NTD) is conserved, indicating that the phosphorylation of this functional site has been under ancient high selection constraint. This suggests that, during evolution, different regulatory circuits control RAR? activity. ..