Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rag1
Description: recombination activating gene 1
Alias: RAG-1, V(D)J recombination-activating protein 1, etID309719.25, recombinase, recombination activating protein 1
- Liao E, Trede N, Ransom D, Zapata A, Kieran M, Zon L. Non-cell autonomous requirement for the bloodless gene in primitive hematopoiesis of zebrafish. Development. 2002;129:649-59 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that the bls gene product is uniquely required in a non-cell autonomous manner for primitive hematopoiesis, potentially acting via regulation of scl. ..
- Feng B, Bulchand S, Yaksi E, Friedrich R, Jesuthasan S. The recombination activation gene 1 (Rag1) is expressed in a subset of zebrafish olfactory neurons but is not essential for axon targeting or amino acid detection. BMC Neurosci. 2005;6:46 pubmedb>Rag1 (Recombination activation gene-1) mediates genomic rearrangement and is essential for adaptive immunity in vertebrates. This gene is also expressed in the olfactory epithelium, but its function there is unknown...
- Paik E, Zon L. Hematopoietic development in the zebrafish. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:1127-37 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize hematopoiesis in the zebrafish and discuss how genetic approaches using the zebrafish system have helped to build our current knowledge in the field of hematopoiesis. ..
- Li X, Lan Y, Xu J, Zhang W, Wen Z. SUMO1-activating enzyme subunit 1 is essential for the survival of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells in zebrafish. Development. 2012;139:4321-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that sae1 is essential for the maintenance of HSPCs during fetal hematopoiesis in zebrafish. ..
- Alcaraz Pérez F, García Castillo J, García Moreno D, López Muñoz A, Anchelin M, Angosto D, et al. A non-canonical function of telomerase RNA in the regulation of developmental myelopoiesis in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3228 pubmed publisher..The alteration in spi1 and gata1 levels occurs through stimulation of gcsf and mcsf. Our model of TR deficiency in the zebrafish illuminates the non-canonical roles of TR, and could establish therapeutic targets for DC. ..
- Parsons M, Pisharath H, Yusuff S, Moore J, Siekmann A, Lawson N, et al. Notch-responsive cells initiate the secondary transition in larval zebrafish pancreas. Mech Dev. 2009;126:898-912 pubmed publisher..We also show that Notch-responsive cells persist in the adult pancreas and possess the classical characteristics of centroacinar cells, a cell type believed to be a multipotent progenitor cell in adult mammalian pancreas. ..
- Bolli N, Payne E, Rhodes J, Gjini E, Johnston A, Guo F, et al. cpsf1 is required for definitive HSC survival in zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:3996-4007 pubmed publisher..These studies show that cpsf1 is essential for HSC survival and differentiation in caudal hematopoietic tissue. ..
- Qian F, Zhen F, Xu J, Huang M, Li W, Wen Z. Distinct functions for different scl isoforms in zebrafish primitive and definitive hematopoiesis. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e132 pubmed..Our findings suggest that hematopoietic cells at different levels of hierarchy are likely governed by a gradient of the Scl protein established through temporal and spatial patterns of expression of the different isoforms. ..
- Zhang Y, Ear J, Yang Z, Morimoto K, Zhang B, Lin S. Defects of protein production in erythroid cells revealed in a zebrafish Diamond-Blackfan anemia model for mutation in RPS19. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1352 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the newly generated rps19 zebrafish mutant should serve as a useful animal model to study DBA. Our in vivo findings may provide clues for the future therapy strategy for DBA. ..
- Levitte S, Adams K, Berg R, Cosma C, Urdahl K, Ramakrishnan L. Mycobacterial Acid Tolerance Enables Phagolysosomal Survival and Establishment of Tuberculous Infection In Vivo. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:250-8 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests that if pathogenic mycobacteria fail to prevent lysosomal trafficking, they tolerate the resulting acidic environment of the phagolysosome to establish infection. ..
- Lewis R, Noor S, Fraser F, Sertori R, Liongue C, Ward A. Regulation of embryonic hematopoiesis by a cytokine-inducible SH2 domain homolog in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2014;192:5739-48 pubmed publisher..This occurred concomitantly with increased activation of STAT5. This study indicates that CISH functions as a conserved in vivo target and regulator of STAT5 in the control of embryonic hematopoiesis. ..
- Cooney J, Hildick Smith G, Shafizadeh E, McBride P, Carroll K, Anderson H, et al. Teleost growth factor independence (gfi) genes differentially regulate successive waves of hematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2013;373:431-41 pubmed publisher..Our studies establish a comparative paradigm for the regulation of hematopoietic lineages by gfi transcription factors. ..
- Butko E, Distel M, Pouget C, Weijts B, Kobayashi I, Ng K, et al. Gata2b is a restricted early regulator of hemogenic endothelium in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2015;142:1050-61 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Gata2b functions within hemogenic endothelium from an early stage, whereas Gata2a functions more broadly throughout the vascular system. ..
- Zhang Y, Jin H, Li L, Qin F, Wen Z. cMyb regulates hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell mobilization during zebrafish hematopoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:4093-101 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that cMyb plays a hitherto unidentified role in dictating physiologic HSPC migration by modulating Sdf1a signaling. ..
- Iwanami N. Zebrafish as a model for understanding the evolution of the vertebrate immune system and human primary immunodeficiency. Exp Hematol. 2014;42:697-706 pubmed publisher..Thus, I propose that genetic approaches using the zebrafish hold great potential for a better understanding of molecular mechanisms of human primary immunodeficiencies and the evolution of vertebrate immune systems. ..
- Amigo J, Ackermann G, Cope J, Yu M, Cooney J, Ma D, et al. The role and regulation of friend of GATA-1 (FOG-1) during blood development in the zebrafish. Blood. 2009;114:4654-63 pubmed publisher..One of these enhancers contains functional GATA-binding sites, indicating the potential for a regulatory loop in which GATA factors control the expression of their partner protein FOG-1. ..
- Galloway J, Wingert R, Thisse C, Thisse B, Zon L. Loss of gata1 but not gata2 converts erythropoiesis to myelopoiesis in zebrafish embryos. Dev Cell. 2005;8:109-16 pubmed..Our studies establish a transcriptional hierarchy of Gata factor dependence during hematopoiesis and demonstrate that gata1 plays an integral role in directing myelo-erythroid lineage fate decisions during embryogenesis. ..
- Xu H, Dong X, Zhang Z, Yang M, Wu X, Liu H, et al. Assessment of immunotoxicity of dibutyl phthalate using live zebrafish embryos. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;45:286-92 pubmed publisher..The respiratory burst was induced, and the transcription levels of T/B cell-related genes rag1/2 were up-regulated...
- Theodore L, Hagedorn E, Cortes M, Natsuhara K, Liu S, Perlin J, et al. Distinct Roles for Matrix Metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in Embryonic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Emergence, Migration, and Niche Colonization. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:1226-1241 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate Mmp2 and Mmp9 play distinct but complementary roles in developmental HSPC production and migration. ..
- Feng H, Stachura D, White R, Gutierrez A, Zhang L, Sanda T, et al. T-lymphoblastic lymphoma cells express high levels of BCL2, S1P1, and ICAM1, leading to a blockade of tumor cell intravasation. Cancer Cell. 2010;18:353-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, blockade of intravasation and hematologic dissemination in T-LBL is due to elevated S1P1 signaling, increased expression of ICAM1, and augmented homotypic cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Trede N, Zon L. Development of T-cells during fish embryogenesis. Dev Comp Immunol. 1998;22:253-63 pubmed
- Wilkinson R, Pouget C, Gering M, Russell A, Davies S, Kimelman D, et al. Hedgehog and Bmp polarize hematopoietic stem cell emergence in the zebrafish dorsal aorta. Dev Cell. 2009;16:909-16 pubmed publisher..These findings are important for the study of the production of HSCs from embryonic stem cells and establish a paradigm for the development of adult stem cells. ..
- Liedtke A, Muncke J, Rüfenacht K, Eggen R. Molecular multi-effect screening of environmental pollutants using the MolDarT. Environ Toxicol. 2008;23:59-67 pubmed publisher..The genes metallothionein 2 (mt2), cytochrome P450 1A1 (cyp1a1), and recombination activation gene 1 (rag1) are used as endpoints that describe detoxification/metal toxicity (mt2), detoxification/PAH toxicity (cyp1a1), and ..
- Li C, Lan Y, Schwartz Orbach L, Korol E, Tahiliani M, Evans T, et al. Overlapping Requirements for Tet2 and Tet3 in Normal Development and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Emergence. Cell Rep. 2015;12:1133-43 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal essential, overlapping functions for tet genes during embryonic development and uncover a requirement for 5hmC in regulating HSC production. ..
- Rasighaemi P, Onnebo S, Liongue C, Ward A. ETV6 (TEL1) regulates embryonic hematopoiesis in zebrafish. Haematologica. 2015;100:23-31 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that ETV6 plays a broader and more complex role in early hematopoiesis than previously thought, impacting on the development of multiple lineages. ..
- Tang Q, Abdelfattah N, Blackburn J, Moore J, Martinez S, Moore F, et al. Optimized cell transplantation using adult rag2 mutant zebrafish. Nat Methods. 2014;11:821-4 pubmed publisher..Mutant fish engraft muscle, blood stem cells and various cancers. rag2(E450fs) mutant zebrafish are the first immunocompromised zebrafish model that permits robust, long-term engraftment of multiple tissues and cancer. ..
- Yang F, Xiong J, Jia X, Gu Z, Shi J, Zhao Y, et al. GSTT1 deletion is related to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons-induced DNA damage and lymphoma progression. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89302 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggested that GSTT1 deletion is related to genetic predisposition to lymphoma, particularly interacting with environmental pollutants containing PAH. ..
- Beetz S, Diekhoff D, Steiner L. Characterization of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase and polymerase mu in zebrafish. Immunogenetics. 2007;59:735-44 pubmed..The characterization of zebrafish TdT and polmu provide new insights in fish lymphopoiesis and addresses the importance and evolution of TdT and polmu themselves. ..
- Thambyrajah R, Ucanok D, Jalali M, Hough Y, Wilkinson R, McMahon K, et al. A gene trap transposon eliminates haematopoietic expression of zebrafish Gfi1aa, but does not interfere with haematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2016;417:25-39 pubmed publisher..This finding contradicts previously published morpholino data that suggested an essential role for zebrafish Gfi1aa in primitive erythropoiesis. ..
- Varela M, Forn CunÃ G, Dios S, Figueras A, Novoa B. Proinflammatory Caspase A Activation and an Antiviral State Are Induced by a Zebrafish Perforin after Possible Cellular and Functional Diversification from a Myeloid Ancestor. J Innate Immun. 2016;8:43-56 pubmed publisher..In particular, one of the genes, prf19b, which is mainly produced by myeloid cells, seemed to be involved in antiviral defense, conferring protection after an in vivo infection. ..
- Zhang L, Gui Y, Wang Y, Jiang Q, Song H. Effect of Tbx1 knock-down on cardiac performance in zebrafish. Chin Med J (Engl). 2010;123:1182-9 pubmed..Tbx1 might play an essential role in the development of pharyngeal neural crest cells in zebrafish. Cardiac performance is impaired by Tbx1 knock down in zebrafish. ..
- Wang S, He Q, Ma D, Xue Y, Liu F. Irf4 Regulates the Choice between T Lymphoid-Primed Progenitor and Myeloid Lineage Fates during Embryogenesis. Dev Cell. 2015;34:621-31 pubmed publisher..1 expression to prevent an alternate fate. Our findings provide insight into the fate determination mechanism of T lymphoid-primed progenitors. ..
- Xu J, Zhu L, He S, Wu Y, Jin W, Yu T, et al. Temporal-Spatial Resolution Fate Mapping Reveals Distinct Origins for Embryonic and Adult Microglia in Zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2015;34:632-41 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes a new paradigm for investigating the development and function of distinct microglia populations. ..
- Iwanami N, Higuchi T, Sasano Y, Fujiwara T, Hoa V, Okada M, et al. WDR55 is a nucleolar modulator of ribosomal RNA synthesis, cell cycle progression, and teleost organ development. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000171 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that WDR55 is a nuclear modulator of rRNA synthesis, cell cycle progression, and embryonic organogenesis including teleost thymus development...
- Gibert Y, Samarut E, Pasco Viel E, Bernard L, Borday Birraux V, Sadier A, et al. Altered retinoic acid signalling underpins dentition evolution. Proc Biol Sci. 2015;282: pubmed publisher..Our work illustrates that through subtle changes in the expression of rate-limiting enzymes, the RA pathway is an active player of tooth evolution in fish. ..
- Lam S, Chua H, Gong Z, Lam T, Sin Y. Development and maturation of the immune system in zebrafish, Danio rerio: a gene expression profiling, in situ hybridization and immunological study. Dev Comp Immunol. 2004;28:9-28 pubmed..The findings reveal that the zebrafish immune system is morphologically and functionally mature by 4-6wpf. ..
- Lawir D, Iwanami N, Schorpp M, Boehm T. A missense mutation in zbtb17 blocks the earliest steps of T cell differentiation in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:44145 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the zbtb17-socs1 axis as an evolutionarily conserved central regulatory module of early T cell development of vertebrates. ..
- Bielczyk MaczyÅ„ska E, Lam Hung L, Ferreira L, Fleischmann T, Weis F, FernÃ¡ndez Pevida A, et al. The Ribosome Biogenesis Protein Nol9 Is Essential for Definitive Hematopoiesis and Pancreas Morphogenesis in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005677 pubmed publisher..The use of this genetically tractable model will enhance our understanding of the tissue-specific mechanisms following impaired ribosome biogenesis in the context of an intact vertebrate. ..
- Sato M, Tsai H, Yost H. Semaphorin3D regulates invasion of cardiac neural crest cells into the primary heart field. Dev Biol. 2006;298:12-21 pubmed..We propose that a population of sema3D-dependent neural crest cells follow a novel migratory pathway, perhaps toward nrp1A-expressing LPM, and serve as an important early source of cardiomyocytes in the primary heart field. ..
- Peng X, Dong M, Ma L, Jia X, Mao J, Jin C, et al. A point mutation of zebrafish c-cbl gene in the ring finger domain produces a phenotype mimicking human myeloproliferative disease. Leukemia. 2015;29:2355-65 pubmed publisher..Our study may shed new light on the pathogenesis of MPN and provide a useful in vivo vertebrate model of this syndrome for screening drugs. ..
- Sawamiphak S, Kontarakis Z, Stainier D. Interferon gamma signaling positively regulates hematopoietic stem cell emergence. Dev Cell. 2014;31:640-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings uncover a developmental role for an inflammatory cytokine and place its action downstream of Notch signaling and blood flow to control Stat3 activation and HSC emergence. ..
- Thi Thu H, Haw Tien S, Loh S, Bok Yan J, Korzh V. Tbx2a is required for specification of endodermal pouches during development of the pharyngeal arches. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77171 pubmed publisher..Together, this work provides mechanistic insight into the role of TBX2 in human disorders affecting the face and neck...
- He Q, Zhang C, Wang L, Zhang P, Ma D, Lv J, et al. Inflammatory signaling regulates hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence in vertebrates. Blood. 2015;125:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a previously unrecognized link between inflammatory signaling and HSPC emergence, and provide new insights into regenerative medicine and novel therapies to treat innate immune-related diseases. ..
- Ru H, Chambers M, Fu T, Tong A, Liao M, Wu H. Molecular Mechanism of V(D)J Recombination from Synaptic RAG1-RAG2 Complex Structures. Cell. 2015;163:1138-1152 pubmed publisher..The (RAG1-RAG2)2 recombinase (RAG) recognizes recombination signal sequences (RSSs) containing a heptamer, a spacer of 12 or 23 base pairs, ..
- Kramer J, Granier C, Davis S, Piso K, Hand J, Rabson A, et al. PDCD2 controls hematopoietic stem cell differentiation during development. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:58-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the effects of pdcd2 in regulating mitotic cell death may contribute to its role(s) in directing hematopoietic differentiation during development...
- Ceinos R, Torres Nuñez E, Chamorro R, Novoa B, Figueras A, Ruane N, et al. Critical role of the matricellular protein SPARC in mediating erythroid progenitor cell development in zebrafish. Cells Tissues Organs. 2013;197:196-208 pubmed publisher..These results establish a role for an ECM protein (Sparc) as an important regulator of embryonic haematopoiesis during early development in zebrafish. ..
- Amsterdam A, Lin S, Moss L, Hopkins N. Requirements for green fluorescent protein detection in transgenic zebrafish embryos. Gene. 1996;173:99-103 pubmed..Additionally, we have injected purified recombinant GFP into embryos to determine the intracellular GFP concentration required for detection, both when all of the cells in the embryo contain GFP and when only a few do. ..
- Bertrand F, Olson S, Willett C, Wu G. Sequence of the rag1 and rag2 intergenic region in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Dev Immunol. 1998;5:211-4 pubmed
- Lei X, Cai S, Chen Y, Cui J, Wang Y, Li Z, et al. Down-regulation of interleukin 7 receptor (IL-7R) contributes to central nervous system demyelination. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28395-28407 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to our understanding of the role of IL-7R in demyelination, and provide a rationale for the development of IL-7R-based therapies for MS and other demyelinating diseases. ..
- Keightley M, Layton J, Hayman J, Heath J, Lieschke G. Mediator subunit 12 is required for neutrophil development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23845 pubmed publisher..Syr shows defects in hematopoiesis, which predominantly affect the myeloid lineage. Syr has identified a hematopoietic cell-specific requirement for Med12, suggesting a new role for this transcriptional regulator. ..
- Zhang H, Li G, Xiong X, Han M, Zhang X, Dai F. TRT, a Vertebrate and Protozoan Tc1-Like Transposon: Current Activity and Horizontal Transfer. Genome Biol Evol. 2016;8:2994-3005 pubmed..Finally, the mechanisms underlying horizontal transfer of TRT elements are discussed. ..
- Pouget C, Peterkin T, SimÃµes F, Lee Y, Traver D, Patient R. FGF signalling restricts haematopoietic stem cell specification via modulation of the BMP pathway. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5588 pubmed publisher..These results should help inform strategies to recapitulate the development of HSCs in vitro from pluripotent precursors. ..
- Charbord P, Pouget C, Binder H, Dumont F, Stik G, Levy P, et al. A systems biology approach for defining the molecular framework of the hematopoietic stem cell niche. Cell Stem Cell. 2014;15:376-391 pubmed publisher..These cues, along with a searchable web resource, will inform ongoing efforts to instruct HSPC ex vivo amplification and formation from pluripotent precursors. ..
- Dai Y, Zhu L, Huang Z, Zhou M, Jin W, Liu W, et al. Cebp? is essential for the embryonic myeloid progenitor and neutrophil maintenance in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2016;43:593-600 pubmed publisher..We further show that Cebp?, perhaps acting cooperatively with Runx1, plays a critical role in embryonic neutrophil maintenance. Our findings reveal a new role of Cebp? in embryonic myelopoiesis. ..
- Bresciani E, Carrington B, Wincovitch S, Jones M, Gore A, Weinstein B, et al. CBF? and RUNX1 are required at 2 different steps during the development of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;124:70-8 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate that RUNX1 can drive the emergence of nascent HSCs in the AGM without its heterodimeric partner CBF?. ..
- Lu X, Wei Y, Liu F. Direct regulation of p53 by miR-142a-3p mediates the survival of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. Cell Discov. 2015;1:15027 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our work reveals the significance of the miR-142a-3p-p53 pathway in controlling hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell survival, and thus advances our understanding of the role of p53 in vertebrate hematopoiesis. ..
- Hess I, Boehm T. Intravital imaging of thymopoiesis reveals dynamic lympho-epithelial interactions. Immunity. 2012;36:298-309 pubmed publisher..Thymocyte development appears to be completed in less than 4 days. Our work establishes a versatile model for the in vivo observation and manipulation of thymopoiesis. ..
- Jang I, Lu Y, Zhao L, Wenzel P, Kume T, Datta S, et al. Notch1 acts via Foxc2 to promote definitive hematopoiesis via effects on hemogenic endothelium. Blood. 2015;125:1418-26 pubmed publisher..These data establish a pathway linking Notch signaling to Foxc2 in hemogenic endothelial cells to promote definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Rissone A, Weinacht K, la Marca G, Bishop K, Giocaliere E, Jagadeesh J, et al. Reticular dysgenesis-associated AK2 protects hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell development from oxidative stress. J Exp Med. 2015;212:1185-202 pubmed publisher..Our results link hematopoietic cell fate in AK2 deficiency to cellular energy depletion and increased oxidative stress. This points to the potential use of antioxidants as a supportive therapeutic modality for patients with RD. ..
- Cvejic A, Serbanovic Canic J, Stemple D, Ouwehand W. The role of meis1 in primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish development. Haematologica. 2011;96:190-8 pubmed publisher..These results imply that meis1, jointly with pbx1, regulates primitive hematopoiesis as well as vascular development. ..
- Zhang C, Chen Y, Sun B, Wang L, Yang Y, Ma D, et al. m6A modulates haematopoietic stem and progenitor cell specification. Nature. 2017;549:273-276 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of Mettl3 in mice confers a similar phenotype. Collectively, our findings demonstrate the critical function of m6A modification in the fate determination of HSPCs during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Wei Y, Ma D, Gao Y, Zhang C, Wang L, Liu F. Ncor2 is required for hematopoietic stem cell emergence by inhibiting Fos signaling in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;124:1578-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings identify a novel regulatory mechanism for Ncor2 through Fos-Vegfd-Notch signaling cascade during HSC development in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Wang K, Fang X, Ma N, Lin Q, Huang Z, Liu W, et al. Myeloperoxidase-deficient zebrafish show an augmented inflammatory response to challenge with Candida albicans. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;44:109-16 pubmed publisher..albicans infection. These findings indicate that myeloperoxidase deficiency alters the inflammatory response to fungal infection. ..
- Yang Z, Augustin J, Chang C, Hu J, Shah K, Chang C, et al. The DPY30 subunit in SET1/MLL complexes regulates the proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitor cells. Blood. 2014;124:2025-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we also demonstrate a crucial role of DPY30 in the growth of several MLL1-fusion-mediated leukemia cell lines. ..
- Liu X, Li Y, Shinton S, Rhodes J, Tang L, Feng H, et al. Zebrafish B Cell Development without a Pre-B Cell Stage, Revealed by CD79 Fluorescence Reporter Transgenes. J Immunol. 2017;199:1706-1715 pubmed publisher..Rag2:mCherry+ cells without CD79:GFP showed the highest Rag1 and Rag2 mRNAs compared with CD79a and CD79b:GFP+ B cells, which showed strongly reduced Rag mRNAs...
- Lam S, Sin Y, Gong Z, Lam T. Effects of thyroid hormone on the development of immune system in zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2005;142:325-35 pubmed..It suggests the possibility of using zebrafish as a model system to investigate the molecular mechanisms involved in thyroid hormone-dependent disorders in the immune system. ..
- Hirabayashi R, Hozumi S, Higashijima S, Kikuchi Y. Ddx46 is required for multi-lineage differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:2532-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide the first genetic evidence that zebrafish Ddx46 is required for the multilineage differentiation of HSCs during development, through the regulation of specific gene expressions. ..
- Choorapoikayil S, Kers R, Herbomel P, Kissa K, den Hertog J. Pivotal role of Pten in the balance between proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;123:184-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Pten has an essential role in the balance between proliferation and differentiation of blood cells. ..
- Sertori R, Liongue C, Basheer F, Lewis K, Rasighaemi P, de Coninck D, et al. Conserved IL-2RÎ³c Signaling Mediates Lymphopoiesis in Zebrafish. J Immunol. 2016;196:135-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that conserved IL-2RÎ³c signaling via JAK3 plays a key role during early zebrafish lymphopoiesis, which can be potentially targeted to generate a zebrafish model of human SCID. ..
- Hogan B, Hunter M, Oates A, Crowhurst M, Hall N, Heath J, et al. Zebrafish gcm2 is required for gill filament budding from pharyngeal ectoderm. Dev Biol. 2004;276:508-22 pubmed..This study identifies yet another role for a GCM gene in embryonic development and indicates a role for gcm2 during the evolution of divergent pharyngeal morphologies. ..
- Du L, Xu J, Li X, Ma N, Liu Y, Peng J, et al. Rumba and Haus3 are essential factors for the maintenance of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells during zebrafish hematopoiesis. Development. 2011;138:619-29 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies Rumba and Haus3 as two essential regulators of HSPC maintenance during zebrafish fetal hematopoiesis. ..
- Pietsch J, Delalande J, Jakaitis B, Stensby J, Dohle S, Talbot W, et al. lessen encodes a zebrafish trap100 required for enteric nervous system development. Development. 2006;133:395-406 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that lsn/trap100 is not required for initial steps of cranial neural crest development and migration, but is essential for later proliferation of ENS precursors in the intestine. ..
- Li L, Chen D, Li J, Wang X, Wang N, Xu C, et al. Aggf1 acts at the top of the genetic regulatory hierarchy in specification of hemangioblasts in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;123:501-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that aggf1 is involved in differentiation of both hematopoietic and endothelial lineages and that aggf1 acts upstream of scl, fli1, and etsrp in specification of hemangioblasts. ..
- McKinney Freeman S, Cahan P, Li H, Lacadie S, Huang H, Curran M, et al. The transcriptional landscape of hematopoietic stem cell ontogeny. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;11:701-14 pubmed publisher..Our analysis and web resource will enhance efforts to identify regulators of HSC ontogeny and facilitate the engineering of hematopoietic specification...
- Mönnich M, Hess I, Wiest W, Bachrati C, Hickson I, Schorpp M, et al. Developing T lymphocytes are uniquely sensitive to a lack of topoisomerase III alpha. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:2379-84 pubmed publisher..Deficiency in top3a activates a p53-dependent check-point but does not affect VDJ recombination. Our results suggest that TOP3A could be a candidate gene involved in human primary immunodeficiency syndromes. ..
- Villablanca E, Pistocchi A, Court F, Cotelli F, Bordignon C, Allende M, et al. Abrogation of prostaglandin E2/EP4 signaling impairs the development of rag1+ lymphoid precursors in the thymus of zebrafish embryos. J Immunol. 2007;179:357-64 pubmed..Supplementation of PGE(2) results in a strong increase in rag1 levels and cell proliferation in the thymus...
- Chen J, He J, Li L, Yang D, Luo L. Cyp2aa9 regulates haematopoietic stem cell development in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26608 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that Cyp2aa9 is functional in the step of PGE2 synthesis from PGH2, thus promoting Wnt activation and definitive HSC development. ..
- Chen L, Zhao P, Wells L, Amemiya C, Condie B, Manley N. Mouse and zebrafish Hoxa3 orthologues have nonequivalent in vivo protein function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:10555-60 pubmed publisher..The inability of zfhoxa3a to perform all of the normal roles of mouse Hoxa3 illustrates that Hox orthologues are not always functionally interchangeable. ..
- Wang K, Huang Z, Zhao L, Liu W, Chen X, Meng P, et al. Large-scale forward genetic screening analysis of development of hematopoiesis in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:473-80 pubmed publisher..Our method should be applicable for other types of genetic screening in zebrafish. In addition, further study of the mutants we identified may help to unveil the molecular basis of hematopoiesis. ..
- Zhou T, Wang L, Zhu K, Dong M, Xu P, Chen Y, et al. Dominant-negative C/ebp? and polycomb group protein Bmi1 extend short-lived hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell life span and induce lethal dyserythropoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:3842-52 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Bmi1 acts immediately downstream of C/ebp?DN to regulate the survival and self-renewal of HSPCs and contribute to the erythropoietic dysplasia. ..