Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: rab7
Description: RAB7, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: rab-7, zgc:64058, ras-related protein Rab-7a
- Rasmussen J, Sack G, Martin S, Sagasti A. Vertebrate epidermal cells are broad-specificity phagocytes that clear sensory axon debris. J Neurosci. 2015;35:559-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify vertebrate epidermal cells as broad-specificity phagocytes that likely contribute to neural repair and wound healing. ..
- He Y, Liu D, Xi D, Yang L, Tan Y, Liu Q, et al. Isolation, sequence identification and expression profile of three novel genes Rab2A, Rab3A and Rab7A from Black-boned sheep (Ovis aries). Mol Biol (Mosk). 2010;44:20-7 pubmed..And the Black-boned sheep Rab7A gene encodes a protein of 207 amino acids that contains the conserved putative Rab7 domain and has high homology with the Rab7A proteins of six other species--human (99%), dog (99%), Sumatran ..
- Ellis K, Bagwell J, Bagnat M. Notochord vacuoles are lysosome-related organelles that function in axis and spine morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:667-79 pubmed publisher..Thus, the vertebrate notochord plays important structural roles beyond early development...
- Ponomareva O, Holmen I, Sperry A, Eliceiri K, Halloran M. Calsyntenin-1 regulates axon branching and endosomal trafficking during sensory neuron development in vivo. J Neurosci. 2014;34:9235-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a model in which Clstn-1 patterns separate axonal compartments and define their ability to branch by directing trafficking of specific endosomes. ..
- George A, Hayden S, Holzhausen L, Ma E, Suzuki S, Brockerhoff S. Synaptojanin 1 is required for endolysosomal trafficking of synaptic proteins in cone photoreceptor inner segments. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84394 pubmed publisher..This last pathway also appears exacerbated by darkness. Taken altogether, these findings show that SynJ1 is required in cones for normal endolysosomal trafficking of synaptic proteins. ..
- Ponomareva O, Eliceiri K, Halloran M. Charcot-Marie-Tooth 2b associated Rab7 mutations cause axon growth and guidance defects during vertebrate sensory neuron development. Neural Dev. 2016;11:2 pubmed publisher..Five missense mutations in the gene encoding Rab7 GTPase have been identified as causative in human CMT2b disease...
- George A, Hayden S, Stanton G, Brockerhoff S. Arf6 and the 5'phosphatase of Synaptojanin 1 regulate autophagy in cone photoreceptors. Inside Cell. 2016;1:117-133 pubmed..Our study describes a specific role for SynJ1 in autophagosomal and endosomal trafficking and provides evidence that PI(4,5)P2 participates in autophagy in a neuronal cell type. ..