Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pvalb8
Description: parvalbumin 8
Alias: ocma, pvalb3a, zgc:101834, parvalbumin 8, oncomodulin A
- Krishnan K, Salomonis N, Guo S. Identification of Spt5 target genes in zebrafish development reveals its dual activity in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3621 pubmed publisher..Together our findings establish Spt5 as a dual regulator of transcription elongation in vivo and identify a small but diverse set of target genes critically dependent on Spt5 during development. ..
- Elbaz I, Lerer Goldshtein T, Okamoto H, Appelbaum L. Reduced synaptic density and deficient locomotor response in neuronal activity-regulated pentraxin 2a mutant zebrafish. FASEB J. 2015;29:1220-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Nptx2a affects locomotor response to external stimuli by mediating structural synaptic plasticity in excitatory neuronal circuits. ..
- Elkon R, Milon B, Morrison L, Shah M, Vijayakumar S, Racherla M, et al. RFX transcription factors are essential for hearing in mice. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8549 pubmed publisher..We show that these mice are deaf secondary to rapid loss of initially well-formed outer HCs. These data identify an essential role for RFX in hearing and survival of the terminally differentiating outer HCs. ..
- Yokoi H, Yan Y, Miller M, Bremiller R, Catchen J, Johnson E, et al. Expression profiling of zebrafish sox9 mutants reveals that Sox9 is required for retinal differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;329:1-15 pubmed publisher..These roles in eye development were previously unrecognized and reinforce the multiple functions that Sox9 plays in vertebrate development. ..
- Dow E, Siletti K, HUDSPETH A. Cellular projections from sensory hair cells form polarity-specific scaffolds during synaptogenesis. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1087-94 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that presynaptic projections act as transient scaffolds for short-range partner matching, a mechanism that may occur elsewhere in the nervous system. ..
- SchÃ¼ttler A, Reiche K, Altenburger R, Busch W. The Transcriptome of the Zebrafish Embryo After Chemical Exposure: A Meta-Analysis. Toxicol Sci. 2017;157:291-304 pubmed publisher..In future, improved time- and concentration-resolved experiments should offer better understanding of stress response patterns and access to mechanistic information. ..