Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ptgs2b
Description: prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2b
Alias: si:dkey-97o5.6, prostaglandin G/H synthase 2, Cox-2b
- Bugiak B, Weber L. Phenotypic anchoring of gene expression after developmental exposure to aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2010;99:423-37 pubmed publisher..However, further experiments are needed to confirm this difference and to determine whether the relationship is causative or merely associative. ..
- Havird J, Miyamoto M, Choe K, Evans D. Gene duplications and losses within the cyclooxygenase family of teleosts and other chordates. Mol Biol Evol. 2008;25:2349-59 pubmed publisher..Future studies should examine the functional ramifications of these differential gene losses...
- Martella A, Sepe R, Silvestri C, Zang J, Fasano G, Carnevali O, et al. Important role of endocannabinoid signaling in the development of functional vision and locomotion in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2016;30:4275-4288 pubmed..M., Silvestri, C., Zang, J., Fasano, G., Carnevali, O., De Girolamo, P., Neuhauss, S. C. F., Sordino, P., Di Marzo, V. Important role of endocannabinoid signaling in the development of functional vision and locomotion in zebrafish. ..
- Candel S, de Oliveira S, López Muñoz A, García Moreno D, Espin Palazon R, Tyrkalska S, et al. Tnfa signaling through tnfr2 protects skin against oxidative stress-induced inflammation. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001855 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a crucial role for TNF?/TNFR2 axis in the protection of the skin against DUOX1-mediated oxidative stress and could establish new therapeutic targets for skin inflammatory disorders. ..
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- Zheng J, Yuan S, Wu C, Lv Z, Zhu A. Circadian time-dependent antioxidant and inflammatory responses to acute cadmium exposure in the brain of zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:113-119 pubmed publisher..Taken together, oxidative stress and immunotoxicity in the brain were more serious when fish were exposed to Cd in the evening than in the morning, highlighting the importance of circadian rhythm in Cd-induced neurotoxicity in fish. ..
- Yeh J, Munson K, Elagib K, Goldfarb A, Sweetser D, Peterson R. Discovering chemical modifiers of oncogene-regulated hematopoietic differentiation. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:236-43 pubmed publisher..This approach may open doors for developing therapeutics targeting oncogene function within leukemic stem cells. ..
- Ogryzko N, Hoggett E, Solaymani Kohal S, Tazzyman S, Chico T, Renshaw S, et al. Zebrafish tissue injury causes upregulation of interleukin-1 and caspase-dependent amplification of the inflammatory response. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:259-64 pubmed publisher..Zebrafish offer a new and versatile model to study the IL-1? pathway in inflammatory disease and should offer unique insights into IL-1 biology in vivo. ..
- Kim E, Lee W, Um J, Kang N, Cheong S, Oh J, et al. Anti-inflammatory Effects of Galactose-Taurine Sodium Salt: A Taurine Derivate in Zebrafish In Vivo Model. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;975:655-666 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study first indicates that Gal-Tau could be considered as an effective anti-inflammatory material with its anti-inflammatory activity. ..
- Tyrkalska S, Candel S, Angosto D, Gómez Abellán V, Martín Sánchez F, García Moreno D, et al. Neutrophils mediate Salmonella Typhimurium clearance through the GBP4 inflammasome-dependent production of prostaglandins. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12077 pubmed publisher..Our results point to GBPs as key inflammasome adaptors required for prostaglandin biosynthesis and bacterial clearance by neutrophils and suggest that transient activation of the inflammasome may be used to treat bacterial infections. ..
- Ishikawa T, Herschman H. Two inducible, functional cyclooxygenase-2 genes are present in the rainbow trout genome. J Cell Biochem. 2007;102:1486-92 pubmed..Thus the rainbow trout has two functional, inducible Cox-2 genes. The zebrafish also contains two Cox-2 genes. However, genome structure analysis suggests diversion of the Cox-2a gene between zebrafish and rainbow trout. ..
- Barbalho P, Lopes Cendes I, Maurer Morelli C. Indomethacin treatment prior to pentylenetetrazole-induced seizures downregulates the expression of il1b and cox2 and decreases seizure-like behavior in zebrafish larvae. BMC Neurosci. 2016;17:12 pubmed publisher..Our results are supported by previous evidences suggesting that zebrafish is a suitable alternative for studying inflammation, seizures, and the effect of anti-inflammatory compounds on seizure suppression. ..
- Yelin Bekerman L, Elbaz I, Diber A, Dahary D, Gibbs Bar L, Alon S, et al. Hypocretin neuron-specific transcriptome profiling identifies the sleep modulator Kcnh4a. elife. 2015;4:e08638 pubmed publisher..The mutant kcnh4a (kcnh4a(-/-)) larvae showed reduced sleep time and consolidation, specifically during the night, suggesting that Kcnh4a regulates sleep. ..
- Wincent E, JÃ¶nsson M, Bottai M, Lundstedt S, Dreij K. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation and developmental toxicity in zebrafish in response to soil extracts containing unsubstituted and oxygenated PAHs. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:3869-77 pubmed publisher..In addition to Ahr activating potency, the profile of cytochrome P4501 inhibitors may also determine the toxic potency of the extracts. ..
- Teraoka H, Okuno Y, Nijoukubo D, Yamakoshi A, Peterson R, Stegeman J, et al. Involvement of COX2-thromboxane pathway in TCDD-induced precardiac edema in developing zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;154:19-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, induction of COX2b, but not COX2a, by TCDD was seen in eleutheroembryos at 3 dpf. These results suggest a role of the COX2b-thromboxane pathway in precardiac edema formation following TCDD exposure in developing zebrafish. ..
- Deveau A, Forrester A, Coombs A, Wagner G, Grabher C, Chute I, et al. Epigenetic therapy restores normal hematopoiesis in a zebrafish model of NUP98-HOXA9-induced myeloid disease. Leukemia. 2015;29:2086-97 pubmed publisher..Our work proposes novel drug targets in NHA9-induced myeloid disease, and suggests rational therapies by combining minimal doses of known bioactive compounds. ..
- Yue C, Ji C, Zhang H, Zhang L, Tong J, Jiang Y, et al. Protective effects of folic acid on PM2.5-induced cardiac developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos by targeting AhR and Wnt/?-catenin signal pathways. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2316-2322 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggested that FA supplementation protected against PM2.5 cardiac development toxicity by targeting AhR and Wnt/?-catenin signal pathways. ..
- Scherz P, Huisken J, Sahai Hernandez P, Stainier D. High-speed imaging of developing heart valves reveals interplay of morphogenesis and function. Development. 2008;135:1179-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, different signaling pathways regulate distinct aspects of the behavior of individual cells during valve morphogenesis, thereby influencing specific facets of valve function. ..
- Jönsson M, Kubota A, Timme Laragy A, Woodin B, Stegeman J. Ahr2-dependence of PCB126 effects on the swim bladder in relation to expression of CYP1 and cox-2 genes in developing zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;265:166-74 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that PCB126 blocks swim bladder inflation via an Ahr2-mediated mechanism. This mechanism seems independent of CYP1 or cox-2 mRNA induction but may involve abnormal development of swim bladder cells. ..
- Bugiak B, Weber L. Hepatic and vascular mRNA expression in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) following exposure to benzo-a-pyrene and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Aquat Toxicol. 2009;95:299-306 pubmed publisher..The vascular-specific changes in gene expression will be linked to future studies examining alterations in cardiovascular function produced by acute AhR agonist exposure in adult fish. ..
- Forner Piquer I, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Santangeli S, Allarà M, Piscitelli F, et al. Dose-Specific Effects of Di-Isononyl Phthalate on the Endocannabinoid System and on Liver of Female Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3462-3476 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that replacement of DEHP with DiNP should be considered with caution because of observed adverse DiNP effects on aquatic organisms. ..