Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: prickle1a
Description: prickle homolog 1a
Alias: fk71b09, pk1, prickle1, wu:fk71b09, prickle homolog 1a, pk1a, prickle-like 1 a
- Dohn M, Mundell N, Sawyer L, Dunlap J, Jessen J. Planar cell polarity proteins differentially regulate extracellular matrix organization and assembly during zebrafish gastrulation. Dev Biol. 2013;383:39-51 pubmed publisher..Here we report that similar to vangl2, loss of zebrafish prickle1a decreases fibronectin protein levels in gastrula embryos...
- Walsh G, Grant P, Morgan J, Moens C. Planar polarity pathway and Nance-Horan syndrome-like 1b have essential cell-autonomous functions in neuronal migration. Development. 2011;138:3033-42 pubmed publisher..These results define a role for Nhsl1b as a neuronal effector of PCP signaling and indicate that proper FBM neuron migration is directly controlled by PCP signaling between the epithelium and the migrating neurons. ..
- Mei X, Wu S, Bassuk A, Slusarski D. Mechanisms of prickle1a function in zebrafish epilepsy and retinal neurogenesis. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:679-88 pubmed publisher..However, a recent screening in human epilepsy patients identified mutations in the PRICKLE1 (PK1) locus, highlighting a potentially novel mechanism underlying seizures...
- Liu X, Ning G, Meng A, Wang Q. MicroRNA-206 regulates cell movements during zebrafish gastrulation by targeting prickle1a and regulating c-Jun N-terminal kinase 2 phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2934-42 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, mir206 targets prickle1a (pk1a) mRNA and as a result regulates c-Jun N-terminal protein kinase 2 (JNK2) phosphorylation...
- Cui S, Capecci L, Matthews R. Disruption of planar cell polarity activity leads to developmental biliary defects. Dev Biol. 2011;351:229-41 pubmed publisher..that in zebrafish, morpholino antisense oligonucleotide-mediated knockdown of PCP genes including prickle-1a (pk1a) led to developmental biliary abnormalities, as well as localization defects of the liver and other digestive ..
- Oteiza P, Köppen M, Krieg M, Pulgar E, Farias C, Melo C, et al. Planar cell polarity signalling regulates cell adhesion properties in progenitors of the zebrafish laterality organ. Development. 2010;137:3459-68 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Wnt11- and Prickle1a-mediated planar cell polarity (PCP) signalling coordinates the formation of the zebrafish ciliated laterality ..
- Cao Y, Park A, Sun Z. Intraflagellar transport proteins are essential for cilia formation and for planar cell polarity. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:1326-33 pubmed publisher..Depletion of pk1, a core PCP component, similarly led to kidney cyst formation and basal body disorganization...
- Tawk M, Araya C, Lyons D, Reugels A, Girdler G, Bayley P, et al. A mirror-symmetric cell division that orchestrates neuroepithelial morphogenesis. Nature. 2007;446:797-800 pubmed
- Dingwell K, Smith J. Tes regulates neural crest migration and axial elongation in Xenopus. Dev Biol. 2006;293:252-67 pubmed
- Panàkovà D, Werdich A, Macrae C. Wnt11 patterns a myocardial electrical gradient through regulation of the L-type Ca(2+) channel. Nature. 2010;466:874-8 pubmed publisher..The regulation of cellular coupling through such mechanisms may be a general property of non-canonical Wnt signals. ..
- Sarras M, Leontovich A, Olsen A, Intine R. Impaired tissue regeneration corresponds with altered expression of developmental genes that persists in the metabolic memory state of diabetic zebrafish. Wound Repair Regen. 2013;21:320-8 pubmed publisher..The aberrant expression of key regulatory genes in the DM state that persist into the MM state provides a plausible explanation on how hyperglycemia induced impaired fin regeneration in the adult zebrafish DM/MM model. ..
- Jerber J, Baas D, Soulavie F, Chhin B, Cortier E, Vesque C, et al. The coiled-coil domain containing protein CCDC151 is required for the function of IFT-dependent motile cilia in animals. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:563-77 pubmed publisher..ccdc151 is involved in proper orientation of cell divisions in the pronephros and genetically interacts with prickle1 in this process...
- Yang T, Bassuk A, Stricker S, Fritzsch B. Prickle1 is necessary for the caudal migration of murine facial branchiomotor neurons. Cell Tissue Res. 2014;357:549-61 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish and mouse, mutations in certain PCP genes disrupt normal caudal migration of FBMs. Zebrafish prickle1a (prickle-like 1a) and prickle1b, two orthologs of Prickle1, act non-cell-autonomously and cell-autonomously, ..