Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: prdx1
Description: peroxiredoxin 1
Alias: hm:zehl0637, zgc:110343, peroxiredoxin-1
- Lu X, Xiang Y, Yang G, Zhang L, Wang H, Zhong S. Transcriptomic characterization of zebrafish larvae in response to mercury exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;192:40-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings provide useful insights to help further understand the transcriptional response and detoxification ability of zebrafish larvae following acute exposure to mercury. ..
- Leyk J, Daly C, Janssen Bienhold U, Kennedy B, Richter Landsberg C. HDAC6 inhibition by tubastatin A is protective against oxidative stress in a photoreceptor cell line and restores visual function in a zebrafish model of inherited blindness. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e3028 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in response to oxidative stress the redox regulatory protein peroxiredoxin 1 (Prx1) was modulated in 661W cells by HDAC6 inhibition...
- Henry T, Menn F, Fleming J, Wilgus J, Compton R, Sayler G. Attributing effects of aqueous C60 nano-aggregates to tetrahydrofuran decomposition products in larval zebrafish by assessment of gene expression. Environ Health Perspect. 2007;115:1059-65 pubmed..Previous research has indicated toxicity from C(60) aggregate; however, effects could be because of tetrahydrofuran (THF) vehicle used to prepare aggregates...
- Cox A, Saunders D, Kelsey P, Conway A, Tesmenitsky Y, Marchini J, et al. S-nitrosothiol signaling regulates liver development and improves outcome following toxic liver injury. Cell Rep. 2014;6:56-69 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that GSNOR inhibitors will be beneficial therapeutic candidates for treating liver injury...
- Rainieri S, Conlledo N, Langerholc T, Madorran E, Sala M, Barranco A. Toxic effects of perfluorinated compounds at human cellular level and on a model vertebrate. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;104:14-25 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the importance of studying PFCs in realistic conditions on various biological models. ..
- Yang L, Ho N, Muller F, Strahle U. Methyl mercury suppresses the formation of the tail primordium in developing zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2010;115:379-90 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that MeHg impairs tail development at least partially by activation of the tissue remodeling proteases Mmp9 and Mmp13. ..