Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ppiaa
Description: peptidylprolyl isomerase Aa (cyclophilin A)
Alias: Cyp1, PPIA-2, fa93g09, ppia, wu:fa93g09, wu:fb05e11, wu:fb13h02, wu:fb15a05, peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase A, peptidylprolyl isomerase A (cyclophilin A)
- Jones K, Alimov A, Rilo H, Jandacek R, Woollett L, Penberthy W. A high throughput live transparent animal bioassay to identify non-toxic small molecules or genes that regulate vertebrate fat metabolism for obesity drug development. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2008;5:23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore data supports future studies focused on determining whether there is a high concentration window for resveratrol that is effective and non-toxic in high fat obesity murine models. ..
- Olivares A, van Drooge B, Casado M, Prats E, Serra M, van der Ven L, et al. Developmental effects of aerosols and coal burning particles in zebrafish embryos. Environ Pollut. 2013;178:72-9 pubmed publisher..This sample induced deformities in zebrafish embryos. We concluded that the combination of morphological and molecular assays may detect embryonic toxic effects that cannot be predicted from chemical analyses or single-cell bioassays. ..
- Wang H, Zhou Q, Kesinger J, Norris C, Valdez C. Heme regulates exocrine peptidase precursor genes in zebrafish. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007;232:1170-80 pubmed..Our findings provide a better understanding of heme deficiency pathogenesis and enhance our ability to diagnose and treat patients with porphyria or pancreatic diseases. ..
- Morais S, Knoll Gellida A, André M, Barthe C, Babin P. Conserved expression of alternative splicing variants of peroxisomal acyl-CoA oxidase 1 in vertebrates and developmental and nutritional regulation in fish. Physiol Genomics. 2007;28:239-52 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that ACOX1 alternative splicing isoforms play a key conserved role in the vertebrate fatty acid metabolism. ..
- Sato A, Takeda H. Neuronal subtypes are specified by the level of neurod expression in the zebrafish lateral line. J Neurosci. 2013;33:556-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the quantity, rather than quality (i.e., the ON/OFF states), of neurod expression directly or indirectly determines the two subtypes of PLL neurons. ..
- Tingaud Sequeira A, Knoll Gellida A, André M, Babin P. Vitellogenin expression in white adipose tissue in female teleost fish. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:38 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that WAT Vtg is implicated in providing components to the ovary during the early stages of vitellogenesis. ..
- Mazzeo D, Casado M, PiÃ±a B, Marin Morales M. Detoxification of sewage sludge by natural attenuation and implications for its use as a fertilizer on agricultural soils. Sci Total Environ. 2016;572:978-985 pubmed publisher..It also shows that this potential impact may be significantly mitigated by attenuation protocols, as the one presented here. ..
- Schuck J, Sun H, Penberthy W, Cooper N, Li X, Smith M. Transcriptomic analysis of the zebrafish inner ear points to growth hormone mediated regeneration following acoustic trauma. BMC Neurosci. 2011;12:88 pubmed publisher..GH injection increased cell proliferation in the inner ear of non-sound-exposed zebrafish, suggesting that GH could play an important role in sensory hair cell regeneration in the teleost ear. ..