Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ppargc1a
Description: peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, coactivator 1 alpha
Alias: PGC-1, PGC-1alpha, PGC1, gb:dq017637, ppargc1al, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator 1-alpha, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, coactivator 1 alpha like
- Hasumura T, Meguro S. Exercise quantity-dependent muscle hypertrophy in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Comp Physiol B. 2016;186:603-14 pubmed publisher..These results open up the possibility for further investigations on the effects of exercise on skeletal muscle in adult zebrafish. ..
- Pinho B, Reis S, Guedes Dias P, LeitÃ£o Rocha A, Quintas C, ValentÃ£o P, et al. Pharmacological modulation of HDAC1 and HDAC6 in vivo in a zebrafish model: Therapeutic implications for Parkinson's disease. Pharmacol Res. 2016;103:328-39 pubmed publisher..Also, the demonstrated feasibility of pharmacologically targeting HDAC1 and HDAC6 in this organism paves the way for future studies investigating HDAC inhibitors in other diseases modelled in zebrafish. ..
- Blechman J, Amir Zilberstein L, Gutnick A, Ben Dor S, Levkowitz G. The metabolic regulator PGC-1? directly controls the expression of the hypothalamic neuropeptide oxytocin. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14835-40 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that PGC-1? is both necessary and sufficient for the production of oxytocin, implicating hypothalamic PGC-1? in the direct activation of a hypothalamic hormone known to control energy intake. ..
- Russell A. PGC-1alpha and exercise: important partners in combating insulin resistance. Curr Diabetes Rev. 2005;1:175-81 pubmed..Because of the important role of PGC-1alpha in the control of energy metabolism and insulin sensitivity, it is seen as a candidate factor in the etiology of type 2 diabetes and a drug target for its therapeutic treatment. ..
- O Donnell K, Lulla A, Stahl M, Wheat N, Bronstein J, Sagasti A. Axon degeneration and PGC-1?-mediated protection in a zebrafish model of ?-synuclein toxicity. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:571-82 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the accessibility of peripheral sensory axons will allow effects of aSyn to be studied in different neuronal compartments and might have utility in screening for novel disease-modifying compounds. ..
- Rahn J, Stackley K, Chan S. Opa1 is required for proper mitochondrial metabolism in early development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59218 pubmed publisher..These results not only reveal a new Opa1-associated phenotype in a vertebrate model system, but also further elucidates the absolute requirement of Opa1 for successful vertebrate development. ..
- Ran G, Ying L, Li L, Yan Q, Yi W, Ying C, et al. Resveratrol ameliorates diet-induced dysregulation of lipid metabolism in zebrafish (Danio rerio). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180865 pubmed publisher..information regulator 2 homolog 1 (Sirt1), and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma coactivator-1? (PGC1?). RSV attenuated CR-induced pAMPK?/AMPK?increases...
- Pasha R, Moon T. Coenzyme Q10 protects against statin-induced myotoxicity in zebrafish larvae (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;52:150-160 pubmed publisher..Together, the implication of our results contributes to the understanding of the mechanisms of action of the statin-induced damage in this model fish species. ..
- Peng X, Shang G, Wang W, Chen X, Lou Q, Zhai G, et al. Fatty Acid Oxidation in Zebrafish Adipose Tissue Is Promoted by 1Î±,25(OH)2D3. Cell Rep. 2017;19:1444-1455 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that regulation of 1Î±,25(OH)2D3 during lipid metabolism occurs through the regulation of Pgc1a for mitochondrial biogenesis and oxidative metabolism within zebrafish VAT. ..
- Bremer K, Kocha K, Snider T, Moyes C. Sensing and responding to energetic stress: The role of the AMPK-PGC1Î±-NRF1 axis in control of mitochondrial biogenesis in fish. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;199:4-12 pubmed publisher..energy sensor AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) and its ability to phosphorylate PPAR Î³ coactivator 1 Î± (PGC1Î±), which in turn coactivates metabolic genes through direct and indirect association with DNA-binding proteins ..
- Sundarrajan L, Yeung C, Hahn L, Weber L, Unniappan S. Irisin regulates cardiac physiology in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181461 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results identified muscle proteins as novel targets of irisin, and added irisin to the list of peptide modulators of cardiovascular physiology in zebrafish. ..
- LeMoine C, Lougheed S, Moyes C. Modular evolution of PGC-1alpha in vertebrates. J Mol Evol. 2010;70:492-505 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest modular evolution of the PGC-1alpha protein in vertebrates that could allow for lineage-specific divergences in the coactivating capabilities of this regulator. ..
- Little A, Kunisue T, Kannan K, Seebacher F. Thyroid hormone actions are temperature-specific and regulate thermal acclimation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). BMC Biol. 2013;11:26 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the properties that underlie the role of TH in thermal acclimation (temperature sensitivity and metabolic control) may have predisposed this hormone for a regulatory role in the evolution of endothermy. ..
- Ai K, Luo K, Li Y, Hu W, Gao W, Fang L, et al. Expression pattern analysis of IRF4 and its related genes revealed the functional differentiation of IRF4 paralogues in teleost. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;60:59-64 pubmed publisher..It can regulate immune pathway through IRF5, MyD88, IL21, PGC1?, and NOD2...
- Kim Y, Bhandari S, Lee J, Yoo K, Kim S, Oh G, et al. Developmental roles of D-bifunctional protein-A zebrafish model of peroxisome dysfunction. Mol Cells. 2014;37:74-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate for the first time that zebrafish might be a useful model animal to study the role of peroxisomes during vertebrate development. ..
- Masuda T, Wada Y, Kawamura S. ES1 is a mitochondrial enlarging factor contributing to form mega-mitochondria in zebrafish cones. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22360 pubmed publisher..ES1 is the mitochondrial protein that is first found to promote enlargement of individual mitochondria. ..
- Palstra A, Tudorache C, Rovira M, Brittijn S, Burgerhout E, van den Thillart G, et al. Establishing zebrafish as a novel exercise model: swimming economy, swimming-enhanced growth and muscle growth marker gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14483 pubmed publisher..From the results of our study we can conclude that zebrafish can be used as an exercise model for enhanced growth, with implications in basic, biomedical and applied sciences, such as aquaculture. ..