Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pparaa
Description: peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha a
Alias: ppara3, si:ch211-239e6.3, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha, NR1C1-A, PPAR[a](III), PPARalpha-A, nr1c1a, peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha 3, ppara, ppara2
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhu L, Huang Y, Shen G, et al. The developmental effect of difenoconazole on zebrafish embryos: A mechanism research. Environ Pollut. 2016;212:18-26 pubmed publisher..Genes related to hatching, retinoic acid metabolism and lipid homeostasis were up-regulated by difenoconazole. ..
- Forner Piquer I, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Santangeli S, Allarà M, Piscitelli F, et al. Dose-Specific Effects of Di-Isononyl Phthalate on the Endocannabinoid System and on Liver of Female Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3462-3476 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that replacement of DEHP with DiNP should be considered with caution because of observed adverse DiNP effects on aquatic organisms. ..
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Du J, Zhao M. Environmentally relevant levels of ?-cyhalothrin, fenvalerate, and permethrin cause developmental toxicity and disrupt endocrine system in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo. Chemosphere. 2017;185:1173-1180 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that these 3 SPs may cause developmental toxicity to zebrafish larvae by disrupting endocrine signaling at environmentally relevant concentrations. ..
- Lacave J, Fanjul Á, Bilbao E, Gutierrez N, Barrio I, Arostegui I, et al. Acute toxicity, bioaccumulation and effects of dietary transfer of silver from brine shrimp exposed to PVP/PEI-coated silver nanoparticles to zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;199:69-80 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate an effective dietary transfer of silver and point out to liver as the main target organ for Ag NP toxicity in zebrafish after dietary exposure. ..
- Kopp R, Billecke N, Legradi J, den Broeder M, Parekh S, Legler J. Bringing obesity to light: Rev-erbÎ±, a central player in light-induced adipogenesis in the zebrafish?. Int J Obes (Lond). 2016;40:824-32 pubmed publisher..As the pparÎ²Î´ promoter includes three Rev-erbÎ± binding sites, we hypothesize that pparÎ²Î´ may be a direct target that ultimately activates PparÎ³. ..
- Mu X, Chai T, Wang K, Zhang J, Zhu L, Li X, et al. Occurrence and origin of sensitivity toward difenoconazole in zebrafish (Danio reio) during different life stages. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;160:57-68 pubmed publisher..At 8 dpe, the modification in the transcription of the tested genes in the embryos and adult fish was similar, except for the genes related to the synthesis of sterols. ..
- Avella M, PLACE A, Du S, Williams E, Silvi S, Zohar Y, et al. Lactobacillus rhamnosus accelerates zebrafish backbone calcification and gonadal differentiation through effects on the GnRH and IGF systems. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45572 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a significant role of the microbiota composition on the host organism development profile and open new perspectives in the study of probiotics usage and application. ..
- Al Habsi A, Massarsky A, Moon T. Exposure to gemfibrozil and atorvastatin affects cholesterol metabolism and steroid production in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;199:87-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the reduction in cortisol may impair the ability of these fish to mount a suitable stress response, whereas the reduction of sex steroids may negatively affect reproduction. ..
- Escriva H, Safi R, Hanni C, Langlois M, Saumitou Laprade P, Stehelin D, et al. Ligand binding was acquired during evolution of nuclear receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:6803-8 pubmed..Strikingly, our results suggest that the ancestral NR was an orphan receptor that acquired ligand-binding ability during subsequent evolution. ..
- Maradonna F, Evangelisti M, Gioacchini G, Migliarini B, Olivotto I, Carnevali O. Assay of vtg, ERs and PPARs as endpoint for the rapid in vitro screening of the harmful effect of Di-(2-ethylhexyl)-phthalate (DEHP) and phthalic acid (PA) in zebrafish primary hepatocyte cultures. Toxicol In Vitro. 2013;27:84-91 pubmed publisher..Noteworthy the gender specific modulation observed for ERs opens a debate on the estrogenic mechanism of action of DEHP and PA and their role on vtg induction. ..
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Zhang W, Liu Y, Zhang H, Dai J. Proteomic analysis of male zebrafish livers chronically exposed to perfluorononanoic acid. Environ Int. 2012;42:20-30 pubmed publisher..Other potential modes should be further investigated. ..
- Tseng Y, Chen R, Lucassen M, Schmidt M, Dringen R, Abele D, et al. Exploring uncoupling proteins and antioxidant mechanisms under acute cold exposure in brains of fish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18180 pubmed publisher..The observed stimulation of the PPAR-UCP axis may help to prevent oxidative damage and to maintain metabolic balance and cellular homeostasis in the brains of ectothermic zebrafish upon cold exposure. ..
- Fent K, Chew G, Li J, Gomez E. Benzotriazole UV-stabilizers and benzotriazole: Antiandrogenic activity in vitro and activation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2014;482-483:125-36 pubmed publisher..Forthcoming studies should show whether the observed antiandrogenic activities and transcriptional changes translate into physiological effects . ..