Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pou4f1
Description: POU class 4 homeobox 1
Alias: brn3.0, brn3a, POU domain, class 4, transcription factor 1, brain-specific homeobox/POU domain protein 3a, brn3b, etID22526.1
- Maskell L, Qamar K, Babakr A, Hawkins T, Heads R, Budhram Mahadeo V. Essential but partially redundant roles for POU4F1/Brn-3a and POU4F2/Brn-3b transcription factors in the developing heart. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2861 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that transcription factors (TFs) Brn-3a (POU4F1) and Brn-3b (POU4F2) are important for normal cardiac development...
- Amo R, Aizawa H, Takahoko M, Kobayashi M, Takahashi R, Aoki T, et al. Identification of the zebrafish ventral habenula as a homolog of the mammalian lateral habenula. J Neurosci. 2010;30:1566-74 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that the lateral habenular pathways are evolutionarily conserved pathways and might control adaptive behaviors in vertebrates through the regulation of monoaminergic activities...
- Dyer C, Blanc E, Hanisch A, Roehl H, Otto G, Yu T, et al. A bi-modal function of Wnt signalling directs an FGF activity gradient to spatially regulate neuronal differentiation in the midbrain. Development. 2014;141:63-72 pubmed publisher..This controls a dynamic, posteriorly retracting expression of her5 that directs neuronal differentiation in a precise spatiotemporal manner in the midbrain...
- Garric L, Ronsin B, Roussigne M, Booton S, Gamse J, Dufourcq P, et al. Pitx2c ensures habenular asymmetry by restricting parapineal cell number. Development. 2014;141:1572-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that restricting parapineal cell number is crucial for the correct elaboration of epithalamic asymmetry. ..
- Chou M, Amo R, Kinoshita M, Cherng B, Shimazaki H, Agetsuma M, et al. Social conflict resolution regulated by two dorsal habenular subregions in zebrafish. Science. 2016;352:87-90 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the dHbL and dHbM comprise a dual control system for conflict resolution of social aggression. ..
- Halluin C, Madelaine R, Naye F, Peers B, Roussigne M, Blader P. Habenular Neurogenesis in Zebrafish Is Regulated by a Hedgehog, Pax6 Proneural Gene Cascade. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0158210 pubmed publisher..Our data sheds light on the mechanism underlying habenular development that may provide insights into how Nodal signalling imposes asymmetry on the timing of habenular neurogenesis. ..