Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pou1f1
Description: POU class 1 homeobox 1
Alias: pit-1, pit1, pituitary-specific positive transcription factor 1, POU domain, class 1, transcription factor 1, pituitary-specific transcription factor
- Wang H, Semenova S, Kuusela S, Panula P, Lehtonen S. Tankyrases regulate glucoregulatory mechanisms and somatic growth via the central melanocortin system in zebrafish larvae. FASEB J. 2015;29:4435-48 pubmed publisher..The collective data suggest that TNKS1b modulates glucoregulatory mechanisms and the somatic growth of zebrafish larvae via the central melanocortin system. ..
- Lopez M, Nica G, Motte P, Martial J, Hammerschmidt M, Muller M. Expression of the somatolactin beta gene during zebrafish embryonic development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:156-61 pubmed..Slbeta-expressing cells also express the transcription factor pit1 and are located close to prl-expressing cells...
- Hans S, Westerfield M. Changes in retinoic acid signaling alter otic patterning. Development. 2007;134:2449-58 pubmed..Thus, excess RA expands otic competence, whereas the loss of RA impairs the expression of fgf3 and wnt8b in the hindbrain, compromising the induction and maintenance of otic fate. ..
- McGonnell I, Fowkes R. Fishing for gene function--endocrine modelling in the zebrafish. J Endocrinol. 2006;189:425-39 pubmed..We anticipate that the use of these techniques will make the zebrafish a prominent model in endocrine research in the coming years. ..
- Liu N, Ren M, Song J, RIOS Y, Wawrowsky K, Ben Shlomo A, et al. In vivo time-lapse imaging delineates the zebrafish pituitary proopiomelanocortin lineage boundary regulated by FGF3 signal. Dev Biol. 2008;319:192-200 pubmed publisher..independent of the FGF3 effect on early pituitary specifying transcription factors as indicated by normal Lim3 and Pit1 expression in hypomorphic FGF3 morphants...
- Angotzi A, Mungpakdee S, Stefansson S, Male R, Chourrout D. Involvement of Prop1 homeobox gene in the early development of fish pituitary gland. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;171:332-40 pubmed publisher..mammals, paired-like homeobox Prop1 gene produces highly variable pituitary phenotypes with impaired regulation of Pit1 and eventually defective synthesis of Pit1-regulated pituitary hormones...
- Graf M, Teo Qi Wen E, Sarusie M, Rajaei F, Winkler C. Dmrt5 controls corticotrope and gonadotrope differentiation in the zebrafish pituitary. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:187-99 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, its effect on gonadotrope numbers defines a first nongonadal role for a dmrt family member that appears crucial for the activity of the reproductive system. ..
- Li X, He J, Hu W, Yin Z. The essential role of endogenous ghrelin in growth hormone expression during zebrafish adenohypophysis development. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2767-74 pubmed publisher..Our research here has demonstrated that zebrafish is a unique model for functional studies of endogenous ghrelin, especially during embryonic development. ..
- Liu N, Jiang H, Ben Shlomo A, Wawrowsky K, Fan X, Lin S, et al. Targeting zebrafish and murine pituitary corticotroph tumors with a cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8414-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that use of selective CDK inhibitors could effectively target corticotroph tumor growth and hormone secretion. ..
- Vom Berg Maurer C, Trivedi C, Bollmann J, De Marco R, Ryu S. The Severity of Acute Stress Is Represented by Increased Synchronous Activity and Recruitment of Hypothalamic CRH Neurons. J Neurosci. 2016;36:3350-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, our work reveals how CRH neurons respond to different levels of acute stress in vivo. ..