Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pmaip1
Description: phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate-induced protein 1
Alias: zgc:162379, phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate-induced protein 1, Noxa
- Jeon H, Lee H. Depletion of Aurora-A in zebrafish causes growth retardation due to mitotic delay and p53-dependent cell death. FEBS J. 2013;280:1518-30 pubmed publisher..The clinical implications of these results relate to the indication that Aurora-A inhibitors may be effective towards cancers with intact p53. ..
- Wang W, Hong J, Lin G, Liu W, Gong H, Lu M, et al. Stage-specific expression of TNF? regulates bad/bid-mediated apoptosis and RIP1/ROS-mediated secondary necrosis in Birnavirus-infected fish cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16740 pubmed publisher..i.). Taken together, our results indicate that IPNV triggers two death pathways via up-stream induction of the pro-inflammatory cytokine TNF?, and these results may provide new insights into the pathogenesis of RNA viruses. ..
- Christen V, Capelle M, Fent K. Silver nanoparticles induce endoplasmatic reticulum stress response in zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;272:519-28 pubmed publisher..1 and 5mg/L AgNPs. Furthermore, transcriptional alterations occurred in the pro-apoptotic genes Noxa and p21. The ER stress response was strong in ZFL cells and occurred in zebrafish embryos as well...
- Zhong J, Zhou L, Li Z, Wang Y, Gui J. Zebrafish Noxa promotes mitosis in early embryonic development and regulates apoptosis in subsequent embryogenesis. Cell Death Differ. 2014;21:1013-24 pubmed publisherb>Noxa functions in apoptosis and immune system of vertebrates, but its activities in embryo development remain unclear...
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of ER stress and oxidative stress induction by In(NO3)3 and ITO indicating a critical toxicological profile that needs further investigation. ..
- Costa S, Monteiro M, da Silva Júnior F, Sandrini J. Methylene blue toxicity in zebrafish cell line is dependent on light exposure. Cell Biol Int. 2016;40:895-905 pubmed publisher..However, the pathways leading to apoptosis in this model appear to be dependent on the type of MB exposure (in the presence or absence of PAR). ..
- Chakraborty A, Uechi T, Higa S, Torihara H, Kenmochi N. Loss of ribosomal protein L11 affects zebrafish embryonic development through a p53-dependent apoptotic response. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4152 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ribosomal dysfunction due to the loss of L11 activates a p53-dependent checkpoint response to prevent improper embryonic development. ..
- Christen V, Faltermann S, Brun N, Kunz P, Fent K. Cytotoxicity and molecular effects of biocidal disinfectants (quaternary ammonia, glutaraldehyde, poly(hexamethylene biguanide) hydrochloride PHMB) and their mixtures in vitro and in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2017;586:1204-1218 pubmed publisher..Barquat and BAC let to induction of ER stress and inflammation in vitro, and BAC and glutaraldehyde at non-toxic concentrations in vivo, while benzalkonium chloride induced expression of tnf-? only. ..
- Boer E, Jette C, Stewart R. Neural Crest Migration and Survival Are Susceptible to Morpholino-Induced Artifacts. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167278 pubmed publisher..We suggest that comparison of genetic mutants between different species is the most rigorous method for identifying conserved genetic mechanisms controlling NC development and is critical to identify new treatments for NC diseases. ..