Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: plxna3
Description: plexin A3
Alias: plexina3, plexin A3, set, sidetracked, vermicelli, vmc
- Plazas P, Nicol X, Spitzer N. Activity-dependent competition regulates motor neuron axon pathfinding via PlexinA3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1524-9 pubmed publisher..This competition was not mediated by synaptic transmission. Combination of PlexinA3 knockdown with suppression of Ca(2+) activity in single PMN produced a synergistic increase in the incidence of ..
- Yoo S, Pascoe H, Pereira T, Kondo S, Jacinto A, Zhang X, et al. Plexins function in epithelial repair in both Drosophila and zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12282 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate a role for Plexin A1, a zebrafish orthologue of Drosophila PlexA, in epithelial repair in zebrafish tail fins. Thus, plexins function in epithelial wound healing in diverse taxa. ..
- Taniguchi M, Masuda T, Mikami Y, Kimura M, Yoshida T, Mishina M, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel zebrafish semaphorin. Neurosci Lett. 2011;488:215-20 pubmed publisher..Sema6E chemorepels not only dorsal root ganglion axons but also sympathetic axons. Therefore, Sema6E might utilize Plexin-A1 as a receptor to repel axons of the specific types during development. ..
- Barton R, Palacio D, Iovine M, Berger B. A cytosolic juxtamembrane interface modulates plexin A3 oligomerization and signal transduction. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0116368 pubmed publisher..destabilizing mutations to PlxnA3 homodimerization (M1281F) are able to rescue motor patterning defects in sidetracked zebrafish embryos, whereas mutations that enhance PlxnA3 homodimerization (M1281L) are not...
- Hogl S, van Bebber F, Dislich B, Kuhn P, Haass C, Schmid B, et al. Label-free quantitative analysis of the membrane proteome of Bace1 protease knock-out zebrafish brains. Proteomics. 2013;13:1519-27 pubmed publisher..Additionally, several candidate substrates with a function in neurite outgrowth and axon guidance, such as plexin A3 and glypican-1 were identified, pointing to a function of Bace1 in neurodevelopment...
- Pietri T, Roman A, Guyon N, Romano S, Washbourne P, Moens C, et al. The first mecp2-null zebrafish model shows altered motor behaviors. Front Neural Circuits. 2013;7:118 pubmed publisher..They present nonetheless clear behavioral alterations during their early development, including spontaneous and sensory-evoked motor anomalies, as well as defective thigmotaxis...
- Joris M, Schloesser M, Baurain D, Hanikenne M, Muller M, Motte P. Number of inadvertent RNA targets for morpholino knockdown in Danio rerio is largely underestimated: evidence from the study of Ser/Arg-rich splicing factors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9547-9557 pubmed publisher..Our data contribute to the debate about MO specificity, efficacy and the number of unknown targeted sequences. ..