Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pitx3
Description: paired-like homeodomain 3
Alias: zgc:109716, pituitary homeobox 3, bicoid-like homeodomain transcription factor 3, homeobox protein PITX3
- Hans S, Westerfield M. Changes in retinoic acid signaling alter otic patterning. Development. 2007;134:2449-58 pubmed..Thus, excess RA expands otic competence, whereas the loss of RA impairs the expression of fgf3 and wnt8b in the hindbrain, compromising the induction and maintenance of otic fate. ..
- Nica G, Herzog W, Sonntag C, Nowak M, Schwarz H, Zapata A, et al. Eya1 is required for lineage-specific differentiation, but not for cell survival in the zebrafish adenohypophysis. Dev Biol. 2006;292:189-204 pubmed..Eya1 is required for lineage-specific differentiation of adenohypophyseal cells, but not for their survival, thereby uncoupling the differentiation-promoting and anti-apoptotic effects of Eya proteins seen in other tissues. ..
- Angotzi A, Mungpakdee S, Stefansson S, Male R, Chourrout D. Involvement of Prop1 homeobox gene in the early development of fish pituitary gland. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;171:332-40 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridizations on prop1 morphants using probes for the pan pituitary gene pitx3 and for the hormone gene markers prl, gh and tsh?, revealed abnormal shape, growth and cellular organization of ..
- Liu Y, Semina E. pitx2 Deficiency results in abnormal ocular and craniofacial development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30896 pubmed publisher..In summary, we demonstrate that pitx2 is essential for proper eye and craniofacial development in zebrafish and, therefore, that PITX2/pitx2 function is conserved in vertebrates. ..
- Sorokina E, Muheisen S, Mlodik N, Semina E. MIP/Aquaporin 0 represents a direct transcriptional target of PITX3 in the developing lens. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21122 pubmed publisherThe PITX3 bicoid-type homeodomain transcription factor plays an important role in lens development in vertebrates...
- Bhat N, Kwon H, Riley B. A gene network that coordinates preplacodal competence and neural crest specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;373:107-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a gene regulatory network that coordinates development of NC, PPE and individual placodes in zebrafish. ..
- Böhm S, Jin H, Hughes S, Roberts R, Hinits Y. Dystrobrevin and dystrophin family gene expression in zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:71-8 pubmed
- Lunt S, Haynes T, Perkins B. Zebrafish ift57, ift88, and ift172 intraflagellar transport mutants disrupt cilia but do not affect hedgehog signaling. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1744-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate the requirement for cilia in the Hh signal transduction pathway may not represent a universal mechanism in vertebrates. ..
- Kruse Bend R, Rosenthal J, Quist T, Veien E, Fuhrmann S, Dorsky R, et al. Extraocular ectoderm triggers dorsal retinal fate during optic vesicle evagination in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;371:57-65 pubmed publisher..We find that bmp2b is involved in dorsal retina initiation, acting upstream of gdf6a. Together, this work has identified the nature and source of extraocular signals required to pattern the dorsal retina. ..
- Barreto Valer K, López Bellido R, Macho Sánchez Simón F, Rodriguez R. Modulation by cocaine of dopamine receptors through miRNA-133b in zebrafish embryos. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52701 pubmed publisher..We also analysed the interaction of miR-133b with the Pitx3 and Pitx3 target genes drd2a and drd2b, tyrosine hydroxylase (th) and dopamine transporter (dat) by microinjection ..
- Devine C, Sbrogna J, Guner B, Osgood M, Shen M, Karlstrom R. A dynamic Gli code interprets Hh signals to regulate induction, patterning, and endocrine cell specification in the zebrafish pituitary. Dev Biol. 2009;326:143-54 pubmed publisher..Given the link between Hh signaling and pituitary adenomas in humans, our data suggest misregulation of Gli function may contribute to these common pituitary tumors. ..
- Angotzi A, Ersland K, Mungpakdee S, Stefansson S, Chourrout D. Independent and dynamic reallocation of pitx gene expression during vertebrate evolution, with emphasis on fish pituitary development. Gene. 2008;417:19-26 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ISH analysis of the pitx salmon repertoire shows rapid evolution in this lineage, differences in spatio-temporal expression are observed between gene duplicates. ..
- Lagadec R, Laguerre L, Menuet A, Amara A, Rocancourt C, PÃ©ricard P, et al. The ancestral role of nodal signalling in breaking L/R symmetry in the vertebrate forebrain. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6686 pubmed publisher..These data support an ancient origin of epithalamic asymmetry, and suggest that a nodal-dependent asymmetry programme operated in the forebrain of ancestral vertebrates before evolving into a variable trait in bony fish. ..
- Stigloher C, Ninkovic J, Laplante M, Geling A, Tannhäuser B, Topp S, et al. Segregation of telencephalic and eye-field identities inside the zebrafish forebrain territory is controlled by Rx3. Development. 2006;133:2925-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the process segregating the telencephalic and eye fields is isolated from diencephalic patterning, and is mediated by Rx3. ..
- McMahon C, Semina E, Link B. Using zebrafish to study the complex genetics of glaucoma. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2004;138:343-50 pubmed..With zebrafish, forward and reverse genetic approaches can be combined in order to identify critical genetic interactions required for normal and pathological events in the development and maintenance of the eye. ..
- Guner B, Ozacar A, Thomas J, Karlstrom R. Graded hedgehog and fibroblast growth factor signaling independently regulate pituitary cell fates and help establish the pars distalis and pars intermedia of the zebrafish adenohypophysis. Endocrinology. 2008;149:4435-51 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that there are distinct origins and signaling requirements for the PD and PI. ..
- Fujimoto E, Stevenson T, Chien C, Bonkowsky J. Identification of a dopaminergic enhancer indicates complexity in vertebrate dopamine neuron phenotype specification. Dev Biol. 2011;352:393-404 pubmed publisher..We conclude that regulation of dopaminergic neuron phenotype in vertebrates is regulated by dispersed regulatory elements. ..
- Dutta S, Dietrich J, Westerfield M, Varga Z. Notch signaling regulates endocrine cell specification in the zebrafish anterior pituitary. Dev Biol. 2008;319:248-57 pubmed publisher..We propose that Notch mediated lateral inhibition regulates the relative numbers of specified hormone cell types in the three pituitary subdomains. ..
- Ettl A, Holzschuh J, Driever W. The zebrafish mutation m865 affects formation of dopaminergic neurons and neuronal survival, and maps to a genetic interval containing the sepiapterin reductase locus. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2006;211 Suppl 1:73-86 pubmed
- Pogoda H, von der Hardt S, Herzog W, Kramer C, Schwarz H, Hammerschmidt M. The proneural gene ascl1a is required for endocrine differentiation and cell survival in the zebrafish adenohypophysis. Development. 2006;133:1079-89 pubmed..rudiment, lack expression of specific adenohypophyseal marker genes (pit1, neurod), while expressing others (lim3, pitx3), and display an ultrastructure reminiscent of precursor cells...
- Wang F, Chen X, Shi W, Yao L, Gao M, Yang Y, et al. Zdhhc15b Regulates Differentiation of Diencephalic Dopaminergic Neurons in zebrafish. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:2980-91 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that zdhhc15b controls DA neuronal fate decisions by regulating differentiation but not progenitor cell proliferation or DA neuronal survival. ..
- Li S, Liu W, Li Z, Li W, Wang Y, Zhou L, et al. greb1 regulates convergent extension movement and pituitary development in zebrafish. Gene. 2017;627:176-187 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our present study indicates that greb1 is a novel regulator for CE movement and pituitary development in zebrafish. ..