Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: phox2a
Description: paired-like homeobox 2a
Alias: arix, sou, zgc:77364, paired mesoderm homeobox protein 2A, aristaless homeobox, soulless
- Bhat N, Riley B. Integrin-?5 coordinates assembly of posterior cranial placodes in zebrafish and enhances Fgf-dependent regulation of otic/epibranchial cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27778 pubmed publisher..These findings support a model in which itga5 coordinates cell migration into posterior placodes and augments Fgf signaling required for patterning of these tissues and cell survival in otic/epibranchial placodes. ..
- Gates K, Mentzer L, Karlstrom R, Sirotkin H. The transcriptional repressor REST/NRSF modulates hedgehog signaling. Dev Biol. 2010;340:293-305 pubmed publisher..The role of Rest as a regulator of Hh signaling has broad implications for many developmental contexts where REST and Hh signaling act. ..
- Elsen G, Choi L, Prince V, Ho R. The autism susceptibility gene met regulates zebrafish cerebellar development and facial motor neuron migration. Dev Biol. 2009;335:78-92 pubmed publisher..These functions may underlie the correlation between altered MET regulation and autism spectrum disorders. ..
- Wang X, Yang N, Uno E, Roeder R, Guo S. A subunit of the mediator complex regulates vertebrate neuronal development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:17284-9 pubmed..Together, our analyses reveal a regulatory role of Mot/Med12 in vertebrate neuronal development. ..
- Foucher I, Mione M, Simeone A, Acampora D, Bally Cuif L, Houart C. Differentiation of cerebellar cell identities in absence of Fgf signalling in zebrafish Otx morphants. Development. 2006;133:1891-900 pubmed..This maintenance is enough to allow cerebellar differentiation. ..
- Lele Z, Folchert A, Concha M, Rauch G, Geisler R, Rosa F, et al. parachute/n-cadherin is required for morphogenesis and maintained integrity of the zebrafish neural tube. Development. 2002;129:3281-94 pubmed..Our results thus highlight novel and crucial in vivo roles for Ncad in the control of cell convergence, maintenance of neuronal positioning and dorsal cell proliferation during vertebrate neural tube development. ..
- Nakada C, Satoh S, Tabata Y, Arai K, Watanabe S. Transcriptional repressor foxl1 regulates central nervous system development by suppressing shh expression in zebra fish. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7246-57 pubmed..In view of all of our data taken together, we propose zfoxl1 to be a novel regulator of neural development that acts by suppressing shh expression. ..
- Ignatius M, Unal Eroglu A, Malireddy S, Gallagher G, Nambiar R, Henion P. Distinct functional and temporal requirements for zebrafish Hdac1 during neural crest-derived craniofacial and peripheral neuron development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63218 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals distinct functional and temporal requirements for zebrafish hdac1 during neural crest-derived craniofacial and peripheral neuron development...
- Maulding K, Padanad M, Dong J, Riley B. Mesodermal Fgf10b cooperates with other fibroblast growth factors during induction of otic and epibranchial placodes in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1275-85 pubmed publisher..fgf10b participates in a late phase of otic induction and, in combination with fgf3, is especially critical for epibranchial induction. ..
- Seo H, Hong S, Guo S, Kim H, Kim C, Hwang D, et al. A direct role of the homeodomain proteins Phox2a/2b in noradrenaline neurotransmitter identity determination. J Neurochem. 2002;80:905-16 pubmedDevelopment of noraderenergic (NA) neurons in the vertebrate brain is dependent on the homeodomain proteins Phox2a and 2b...
- Guo S, Wilson S, Cooke S, Chitnis A, Driever W, Rosenthal A. Mutations in the zebrafish unmask shared regulatory pathways controlling the development of catecholaminergic neurons. Dev Biol. 1999;208:473-87 pubmed..no soul lacks arch-associated NA cells and has defects in pharyngeal arches, and soulless lacks both arch-associated and LC cell groups...
- Bhat N, Kwon H, Riley B. A gene network that coordinates preplacodal competence and neural crest specification in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;373:107-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a gene regulatory network that coordinates development of NC, PPE and individual placodes in zebrafish. ..