Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: per1a
Description: period circadian clock 1a
Alias: per1, si:ch211-237l4.4, zC237L4.4, period 1, period homolog 1, period homolog 1a
- Purushothaman S, Saxena S, Meghah V, Meena Lakshmi M, Singh S, Brahmendra Swamy C, et al. Proteomic and gene expression analysis of zebrafish brain undergoing continuous light/dark stress. J Sleep Res. 2015;24:458-65 pubmed publisher..It is hypothesized that the differential regulation of these genes might lead to the discovery of potential diagnostic markers for gaining insight into the light/dark-associated stress in humans. ..
- Miyamura N, Hirayama J, Sawanobori K, Tamaru T, Asaoka Y, Honda R, et al. CLOCK:BMAL-independent circadian oscillation of zebrafish Cryptochrome1a gene. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32:1183-7 pubmed
- Ben Moshe Z, Alon S, Mracek P, Faigenbloom L, Tovin A, Vatine G, et al. The light-induced transcriptome of the zebrafish pineal gland reveals complex regulation of the circadian clockwork by light. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:3750-67 pubmed publisher..Together, this genome-wide approach and functional characterization of light-induced factors indicate a multi-level regulation of the circadian clockwork by light...
- Cahill G. Clock mechanisms in zebrafish. Cell Tissue Res. 2002;309:27-34 pubmed..The interactions of clock gene products are for the most part similar to their interactions in mammals, although there are some potentially interesting differences. ..
- Siegenthaler P, Bain P, Riva F, Fent K. Effects of antiandrogenic progestins, chlormadinone and cyproterone acetate, and the estrogen 17?-ethinylestradiol (EE2), and their mixtures: Transactivation with human and rainbowfish hormone receptors and transcriptional effects in zebrafish (Danio. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;182:142-162 pubmed publisher..The lack of agonistic activities of both progestins to rainbowfish PGR and AR is the probable reason for the low activity found in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. ..
- Toloza Villalobos J, Arroyo J, Opazo J. The circadian clock of teleost fish: a comparative analysis reveals distinct fates for duplicated genes. J Mol Evol. 2015;80:57-64 pubmed publisher..From a functional perspective, the subfunctionalization of two ohnolog genes (PER1a and PER1b) in zebrafish highlights the power of whole-genome duplications to generate biological diversity.
- Oggier D, Lenard A, Kury M, Hoeger B, Affolter M, Fent K. Effects of the protein kinase inhibitor PKC412 on gene expression and link to physiological effects in zebrafish Danio rerio eleuthero-embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2011;119:104-15 pubmed publisher..This study leads to the conclusion that PKC412-induced alterations of gene transcripts are partly paralleled by physiological effects at high, but not at low PKC412 concentrations expected to be of environmental relevance. ..
- Huang J, Zhong Z, Wang M, Chen X, Tan Y, Zhang S, et al. Circadian modulation of dopamine levels and dopaminergic neuron development contributes to attention deficiency and hyperactive behavior. J Neurosci. 2015;35:2572-87 pubmed publisher..We then found that Per1 knock-out mice also display ADHD-like symptoms and reduced levels of dopamine, thereby showing highly conserved ..
- Dekens M, Santoriello C, Vallone D, Grassi G, Whitmore D, Foulkes N. Light regulates the cell cycle in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2003;13:2051-7 pubmed..Thus, we implicate the cell-autonomous circadian clock in the regulation of the vertebrate cell cycle by light. ..
- Pando M, Sassone Corsi P. Unraveling the mechanisms of the vertebrate circadian clock: zebrafish may light the way. Bioessays. 2002;24:419-26 pubmed..This review focuses on the advantages of using the zebrafish to study the development of the vertebrate circadian system and light-dependent signaling to the clock. ..
- Ye Q, Chen D, Xi Y, Li J, Shao J, Li L. Effects of light illumination and the expression of wee1 on tissue regeneration in adult zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;428:132-6 pubmed publisher..Alterations in lighting conditions or inhibition of wee1 expression result in decreases in fin regeneration after injury. ..
- Sanchez J, Sanchez Vazquez F. Feeding entrainment of daily rhythms of locomotor activity and clock gene expression in zebrafish brain. Chronobiol Int. 2009;26:1120-35 pubmed publisher..The aim was to ascertain whether the daily rhythm of behavior and clock gene (per1 and cry1) expression in the zebrafish brain was entrained by the light and feeding regime...
- Zhao Y, Zhang K, Fent K. Regulation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) locomotor behavior and circadian rhythm network by environmental steroid hormones. Environ Pollut. 2018;232:422-429 pubmed publisher..Of these genes, per1a and nr1d2a displayed the most pronounced alterations...
- Amaral I, Johnston I. Circadian expression of clock and putative clock-controlled genes in skeletal muscle of the zebrafish. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R193-206 pubmed publisher..Expression of the transcriptional repressors cry1a, per1a/1b, per2, per3, nr1d2a/2b, and nr1d1 also followed a circadian pattern with peak expression at ZT0-02...