Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pdgfra
Description: platelet-derived growth factor receptor, alpha polypeptide
Alias: etID309717.20, pdgfr-a, wu:fc27f02, wu:fv91b12, platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha, PDGF-R-alpha, PDGFR-alpha, alpha-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor
- McCarthy N, Wetherill L, Lovely C, Swartz M, Foroud T, Eberhart J. Pdgfra protects against ethanol-induced craniofacial defects in a zebrafish model of FASD. Development. 2013;140:3254-65 pubmed publisher..ethanol-sensitive genes, we tested five known craniofacial mutants for ethanol sensitivity: cyp26b1, gata3, pdgfra, smad5 and smoothened...
- DeLaurier A, Nakamura Y, Braasch I, Khanna V, Kato H, Wakitani S, et al. Histone deacetylase-4 is required during early cranial neural crest development for generation of the zebrafish palatal skeleton. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:16 pubmed publisher..Cleft palate resulting from HDAC4 mutations in human patients may result from defects in a homologous CNC progenitor cell population. ..
- Kim J, Wu Q, Zhang Y, Wiens K, Huang Y, Rubin N, et al. PDGF signaling is required for epicardial function and blood vessel formation in regenerating zebrafish hearts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17206-10 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PDGF signaling plays important roles in epicardial function and coronary vessel formation during heart regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- El Rass S, Eisa Beygi S, Khong E, Brand Arzamendi K, Mauro A, Zhang H, et al. Disruption of pdgfra alters endocardial and myocardial fusion during zebrafish cardiac assembly. Biol Open. 2017;6:348-357 pubmed publisher..In this study, we generated a zebrafish pdgfra mutant line by gene trapping, in which the Pdgfra protein is truncated and fused with mRFP (Pdgfra-mRFP)...
- Lien C, Schebesta M, Makino S, Weber G, Keating M. Gene expression analysis of zebrafish heart regeneration. PLoS Biol. 2006;4:e260 pubmed..Our data indicate that zebrafish heart regeneration is associated with sequentially upregulated wound healing genes and growth factors and suggest that PDGF signaling is required. ..
- Liu L, Chong S, Balasubramaniyan N, Korzh V, Ge R. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha (pdgfr-alpha) gene in zebrafish embryonic development. Mech Dev. 2002;116:227-30 pubmed..Expression of the zebrafish pdgfr-alpha is both conserved as well as diverged comparing to that of other vertebrate species. ..
- Bloomekatz J, Singh R, Prall O, Dunn A, Vaughan M, Loo C, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) signaling directs cardiomyocyte movement toward the midline during heart tube assembly. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Here, we show an essential role for platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha (Pdgfra) in directing cardiac fusion. Mutation of pdgfra disrupts heart tube assembly in both zebrafish and mouse...
- Damm E, Clements W. Pdgf signalling guides neural crest contribution to the haematopoietic stem cell specification niche. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:457-467 pubmed publisher..Preventing association of the NC with the DA leads to loss of HSCs. Our results define NC as key cellular components of the HSC specification niche that can be profiled to identify unknown HSC specification signals. ..
- SCHOEN C, Aschrafi A, Thonissen M, Poelmans G, Von den Hoff J, Carels C. MicroRNAs in Palatogenesis and Cleft Palate. Front Physiol. 2017;8:165 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide an overview of recently identified molecular mechanisms underlying palatogenesis involving specific miRNAs, and discuss how dysregulation of these miRNAs may result in cleft palate. ..
- Lim S, Esain V, Kwan W, Theodore L, Cortes M, Frost I, et al. HIF1?-induced PDGFR? signaling promotes developmental HSC production via IL-6 activation. Exp Hematol. 2017;46:83-95.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings define a Hif1?-regulated signaling axis mediated through PBFGB/PDGFR? and IL-6/IL-6R that acts to control embryonic HSPC production. ..
- Siegel N, Hoegg S, Salzburger W, Braasch I, Meyer A. Comparative genomics of ParaHox clusters of teleost fishes: gene cluster breakup and the retention of gene sets following whole genome duplications. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:312 pubmed
- Williams H, Brenner S, Venkatesh B. Identification and analysis of additional copies of the platelet-derived growth factor receptor and colony stimulating factor 1 receptor genes in fugu. Gene. 2002;295:255-64 pubmed..These results are discussed in the context of the proposed teleost lineage-specific whole genome duplication hypothesis...
- Liu L, Korzh V, Balasubramaniyan N, Ekker M, Ge R. Platelet-derived growth factor A (pdgf-a) expression during zebrafish embryonic development. Dev Genes Evol. 2002;212:298-301 pubmed..Transient expression was also detected in Kupffer's vesicle, a teleost-specific structure, and in lateral trunk and tail regions surrounding the neural keel, as well as areas of the developing pronephros. ..