Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pdgfaa
Description: platelet-derived growth factor alpha a
Alias: pdgfa, pdgfa-2, zgc:100777, platelet-derived growth factor alpha polypeptide
- MicroRNA Mirn140 modulates Pdgf signaling during palatogenesisJohann K Eberhart
Institute of Neuroscience, 1254 University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
Nat Genet 40:290-8. 2008..altered palatal shape and caused neural crest cells to accumulate around the optic stalk, a source of the ligand Pdgfaa. These results suggest that the conserved regulatory interactions of mirn140 and pdgfra define an ancient ..
- Gene expression analysis of zebrafish heart regenerationChing Ling Lien
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Biol 4:e260. 2006..Our data indicate that zebrafish heart regeneration is associated with sequentially upregulated wound healing genes and growth factors and suggest that PDGF signaling is required...
- Platelet-derived growth factor A (pdgf-a) expression during zebrafish embryonic developmentLihui Liu
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 119260
Dev Genes Evol 212:298-301. 2002..Transient expression was also detected in Kupffer's vesicle, a teleost-specific structure, and in lateral trunk and tail regions surrounding the neural keel, as well as areas of the developing pronephros...
- High-resolution in situ hybridization to whole-mount zebrafish embryosChristine Thisse
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, PO Box 800732, 1300 Jefferson Park Avenue, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Nat Protoc 3:59-69. 2008..The whole procedure takes only 3 days and, because ISH conditions are the same for each probe tested, allows high throughput analysis of zebrafish gene expression during embryogenesis...
- Genetic evidence for shared mechanisms of epimorphic regeneration in zebrafishZhao Qin
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, 830 North University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1048, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9310-5. 2009..Comparison of gene expression profiles from regenerating zebrafish retina, caudal fin, and heart muscle revealed additional candidate genes potentially implicated in injury-induced epimorphic regeneration in diverse zebrafish tissues...
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta is critical for zebrafish intersegmental vessel formationKatie M Wiens
Department of Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California and The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11324. 2010..We propose a novel mechanism for zebrafish PDGFRbeta signaling that regulates vascular angiogenesis in the absence of mural cells...
- Zebrafish as a potential model organism for drug test against hepatitis C virusCun Bao Ding
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e22921. 2011..Thus, zebrafish might be a model organism to host HCV, and this zebrafish/HCV (sub-replicon) system could be an animal model for anti-HCV drug screening and evaluation...
- Developmental Compartments of the Zebrafish NeurocraniumJohann Eberhart; Fiscal Year: 2005..Last, a forward genetic screen will be used to discover new mutations that affect the development of neurocranial cartilages. ..
- Genetic Hierarchies and Cellular Behaviors during Zebrafish PalatogenesisJohann Eberhart; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, two genes I propose to analyze, pitx2 and ephrin-B1, are known to be human craniofacial disease genes. Therefore, my analyses of these genes will provide direct insight into the cause of human disease. ..